Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheeElf
    179 posts

@gt40i I honestly had my hopes up that they would sneak these "big" fish into the river raid waters but sadly nothing there.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2929 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • isuwhat
    188 posts

@theeelf ive looked in river raids too and only seems to be Bullhead in the rivers

• kladd99
    6 posts

@valen78 Medium cod are by the little islands in Dunwic in East Ang. Medium Bream down eastern shore by the big river delta near southeastern tip of Wessex. Big Mac and Flats still bugged in 1.1.2.

• Witchy_1977
    1 posts

Where are the missing fish for fish delivery!!!

• kladd99
    6 posts

@theeelf All the other Big Norway fish are still available and spawn reliably in the same places....EXCEPT the Big Mackerel. (I ran every inch of the shores and islands looking).

• Gryma-
    25 posts

Hello @ubi-borealis

I dont know if that can help you, but i've some infos about them. In November, few days after the release, i was focus on the Swordfish, and at this time, that wasnt really hard to get fishs. I ask about others players where we can found Big flatfish and Big mackerel, because i dont 'rush' the storyline, i just do all the "useless things". No one knows. And, after a lot of time (like 23 november, dont remember), i found them. I failed about that, i dont take any screens because i just want to know where we can get Swordfish.

BUT, i can give you the approximative location with the map.

(For Flatfish, you can see a lot on small and 2-3 regulars groups, i found them a little further to the coast)

(you can find some regular mackerel, i found 1 big in the north of my circle)

As you know, it's useless to try to found them with my locations, they arent there anymore. But i hope that will help the support with it.

• Ironlikelion
    3 posts
    ok. I ask myself a question
    how did some players complete the fishing quest if the big flatfish and big mackerel don’t spawnin the game

Ho

• TheeElf
    179 posts

@ironlikelion Because PC players knowingly modified their inventory to add those fish required.

• FDeBoer1
    2 posts

@gryma I call BS. Your YouTube video doesn't show you catching any big fish; just claiming the Swordfish. No console player has got this challenge. Not sure why you're here throwing up a smokescreen, or why you're telling people not to bother. In fact, you told people not to bother in your video! Is that because the only way to get it is to use an inventory mod? Don't be a nuisance.

• ElMadre1
    82 posts

Finally had the patience to catch everything available today. Waiting....
    undefined

• Gryma-
    25 posts

@fdeboer1 Because people want to know where we can get Swordfish in the beginning, when i gave the locations in the comments, they call cheating because i didnt show them the fishing spot in the video. Yeah, my mistake (because now im the only one want to help people to get the sword too) was to didnt record but hey, that's normal to register something like 30h of fishing 🙂
    At last, you think what you want, in any case i gave my infos to the support.

• Thunderchild_UK
    7 posts

It's been great to see the community come together and talk about this problem over the last few months.

However, on that glorious day (hopefully not too far in the future) when some lucky sod posts "I've got a big one!" (Dirty minded lot, get your mind out of the gutter!) all I'll say is they'd better come armed with screenshots so other people know where to go 😂

Otherwise they might need to watch their backs! 🤜 🤕

• FDeBoer1
    2 posts

@gryma But you haven't helped, have you? You seem to be going through a lot of effort to call attention to the fact that you have the challenge completed, which just makes us more suspicious. Quit while you're ahead.

• Gryma-
    25 posts

@fdeboer1 My message with the screens is for the support, so yeah, actually it doesn't help. And dont care about attention, friend. Anyway, good luck to you and to others players to finally get those crappy fishs.

• B00MSIE
    333 posts

Flying Bream on the same location as the flying flat fish. I could catch other small and regular fish before and after this one, but all big fish start flying. @TheeElf I can shoot the small and regular, but big fish I can not shoot (probably because they fly?) same happens if you fish south east of the island @Gryma mentioned.

• TheeElf
    179 posts

@b00msie Why can't you shoot them? You mean like no targeting/red highlight? Every flatfish I saw I shot without any problems and could loot. I never once saw one that I couldn't kill. If that really is a big flatfish, I wonder why you are able to see it and I can't. I had no problems getting any other big fish after the 1.1.2 update. I was fishing on the north and northwest side of Isle of Wiht. I'll try the southeast side after a while and see if I have any luck there. Do you have a video from one of the Big Flatfish you were catching? I'm just trying to simulate conditions such as weather, time of day, etc..

• B00MSIE
    333 posts

@theeelf

I do not see the red dot and no hit points or blood when I shoot. Even just the slow down ability to shoot multiple arrows.

I am not 100% sure these are the big fish. But recorded the regular look smaller.

• erdosifazy
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi!

Sorry, but I have to ask: How this all fish bug still possible in 1.1.2?! As an engineer, and developer, there are rules, how to test a patch.
    First time have bug: [censored] happend
    Second time: Okay, they not figured out YET, next time they will
    Third time: complete incompetence?!

Are there any tester catch big flatfish on PS/Xbox?
    If they did: where?
    if not: why this patch came out without it?!

I've fustrated now, since we paid a LOT of money, and this make more fustration, then fun... 😞

Regards,
    Peter

• WHOA_iM_A_LADii
    2 posts

@joey_khaos I wish I had done that so I didn't waste my time on fish or the order of ancients bug. Had to restart from the beginning! I hate this fishing s**t.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics