Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• furry2333
    4 posts

Can't find large flatfish or large mackerel anywhere... I've heard that it's been a bug for a while

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2176 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • B00MSIE
    296 posts

What I do not like in this game is the unnatural behavior of the civilian npc’s (who for example never sleep, but just stand in the fields at night), the fact that things like meditate do not shift time (just switched the lighting from day/night/day), the houses feel like loot chests, not actual houses. When I am fishing, I don’t see those things and the world is far more immersive 😊

• alexandrubjn
    2 posts

well, I can see now people started complaining and asking for compensations
    this is what we all should do

I purchased all AC series during time, it is not fair to people like us not to be compensated after such a huge mistake on Ubisoft side

they are rushing to ask for money in exchange of packs... but the game is full of bugs
    the only interest for Ubisoft is to make money. that's it

• Luvbeers7
    15 posts

Has anyone seen the new hunter's delivery? It appears after you finish all the others. Merton's making a bone fishhook. Perhaps you need to craft this for them to spawn? Or the hunter bow you get, perhaps you need to equip it.undefined

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@luvbeers7 Than't not new and you made me go and check too lol. You get the Magyar Hunting Bow, It has the same stats as Noden's Arc. Different perk's though.

Noden's Arc has increase attack the further you are from your enemy.
    Magyar Hunting Bow Has increase srun when hitting weak points.

• TheGoatOfWar92
    6 posts

Has Ubisoft answered yet why this bug wasn't fixed after their latest update (The River Raids update)?

• DESCAF
    4 posts

Inventory Issue with SMALL Sturgeon.

Last night I finally found and reeled in multiple SMALL Sturgeon only to find that they did not appear in my inventory. (PC). I went to the Fishing Hut anyways in case it was a visual glitch, but I could not turn any in. I found a user on the internet who had posted last week of the same issue.

I found the Small Sturgeon at the mouth of the river on the east side of Portscere, Sussex. NW of the Dock Fast Travel located to the SE of Portescere is a small dock with an NPC fisherman. From there to about 200m into the mouth of the river you can catch Small Sturgeon in schools of 4-5 fish of various types. However, the Small Sturgeon will not stay in your inventory after being caught!

To complete fishing I need:
    2 Big Mackerel
    2 Big Flatfish
    5 Small Sturgeon

Cheers

• DESCAF
    4 posts

@iighostex27ii Found out last night that Small Sturgeon, when caught, Do NOT go into your inventory.
    At least on PC.

• Faithfinder77
    1 posts

I have found a few large flatfish off the coast of Wessex close to Werham, but you can’t catch or shoot them. When you get them on the line the red coloring is all fractured. I spent two hours trying by both fishing line and bow, and they simply can’t be caught. Very disappointing. I feel like I’ve spent half my life looking for a large flatfish and mackerel.

• erdosifazy
    9 posts

Hy!

I also want to ask about big EELs...
    As PC users - with possibly using an inventory tweak - managed to get the big flat/mackerel... But! There is a last delivery, which need 3 more big flatfish/salmon/shad/eel.

I've not seen any big eels until now...

Just to be clear: if Ubisoft may finally manage to get out the mackerel/flatfish bug, Xbox and PS players may face the EEL bug.

Can the developers informed about this (or can someone with Xbox/PS give a Big EEL location/screenshot/etc?)

Regards:
    Peter

• Keep.
    6 posts

@samidahl even after the 1.2.2 patch there still are no Big Flatfish or Big Mackerel. Please fix

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@erdosifazy So, I am going to ask you very specifically, "Is it 3 Big Eel or 3 Regular Eel you need for that final delivery?" I am on console and cannot get past the flatfish and mackerel deliveries. The reason I ask is because way earlier in this thread several people stated it was Big Eel, and now someone has posted a screenshot claiming it is Regular Eel.

• TheSixSam-ShiEn
    8 posts

@zeroinfluince i can't find any Big Mackerel or Big Eels either do you have locations for these as you will need these for the final delivery to get the swordfish sword

• cmhoughton
    31 posts

@xrayspex_73 @JCar4327

I guess I haven’t seen any Big Flatfish then...

• gjd8000
    1 posts

I find it very insulting that Ubisoft would be quick to patch out a way for players to make silver quicker and more easily, yet can't fix a bug with gameplay costing players hours of their time.

• Joey_Khaos
    10 posts

@thegoatofwar92 I can answer on their behalf. Fixing broken stuff we've already got you to pay for isn't important, releasing new stuff to try and make more money is.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2176 posts

Hello all!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update, as well as address a few specific posts.

The development team are still looking into missing large flatfish/mackerel. At this moment, we have no new information to share regarding this investigation. Once we have any new information to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread, so please keep an eye out for this!

The team have also been able to replicate the flying fish issue, and are taking a closer look at this as well. From what we can tell, this tends to affect large fish more than any other size. Both myself and @Ubi-Woofer have experienced flying large fish in our own gameplay as well. If you notice any other sizes start flying, please post about this within the thread so we can pass this information on. Thanks!

A few of you have mentioned compensation within this thread. Please note that this is at the discretion of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team. If compensation is to be offered to players, this information will be shared on our official platforms and within the News & Announcements forum. Additionally, if a hot-fix is announced, or if an alternative method to get these fish (such as via a fish market or by looting soldiers in River Raids) is made available, this will also be shared within the News & Announcements forum.

@DESCAF - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble keeping small sturgeon in your inventory. If possible, would you be able to send us a video that shows you catching a small sturgeon and it not staying in your inventory? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

@erdosifazy & @JCar4327 - Based off what I've seen, it's three regular eels that are required.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • luigispcrew
    54 posts

@jcar4327 you need 3 regular eel for the last delivery

• SkyrimwitcherFW
    5 posts

Hey guys, calm down, ok !!😠
    Big Mackerel and Big Flatfish are definitely out of the game due to scripting errors botched by Ubisoft programmers.
    18 GB update, but no 10 KB script can be repaired? A special kind of poverty certificate and ignorance
    we all know ubisoft in that way since settler games 👎 😁
    ©LordFWD programmer,mooding S6

• SkyrimwitcherFW
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis oki 😂 If you don't know the difference between regular flatfish and big flatfish, don't talk about flying flatfish because it doesn't matter. I can hear the laughter up to this point from the programmers for the successful fooling of the players because its impossible to find what is not there😂 😂

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics