Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JoeBurks
    2 posts

Quick question.... When do they normally release patches during the week? Also when do they release hotfixes? Or are those random?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • bluey_
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for the update. I’ve been playing on PS5 and have also been unable to find any big mackerel/flatfish.

• t34416l31
    10 posts

@Ubi-Borealis this is absolutely
    ridiculous. This has clearly been a problem for a long time and customers have been complaining in drives for months. Do you care at all that you have delivered a bug ridden game and a crappy play experience to countless customers? You introduce a 10GB patch, yet you can't fix this fish issue that you have clearly been aware of for months? I will have to think long and hard about whether or not I will ever buy anothrr Ubisoft product after the entire Valhalla experience. The most unfortunate thing is it has potential to be a great game, you just clearly released it WAY before you should have. Gotta make those shareholders happy right? Who cares about the gamers or product quality?

• cmhoughton
    31 posts

@cakes5fa

you’re probably right on this.

If they can’t fix this, make the big flatfish and mackerel loot-able or available in the store for purchase so we can all finish those deliveries and get the sword for the achievement.

• cmhoughton
    31 posts

@jcar4327 @roguextreme001

I didn’t have problems with the big eel, but I don’t remember where I got them. However, from what others have said it’s dependent on the platform you’re on. I’m using an Xbox One.

• JCar4327
    612 posts

@cmhoughton I'm on Xbox One as well and haven't seen a big eel anywhere, but to be perfectly honest I haven't really spent a lot of time looking for them yet because I haven't needed them. I am pretty sure I have never caught one because I am assuming the animation will be the same as with all other big fish when you catch a big one. I have yet to see that for an eel.

• Bogowsky
    1 posts

I only miss 2 big fish. Mackerel and eel to get platinum. I'm surprised it's so hard to fix. They are making some little extras, and simple fish can't be fixed.

• NodeadVicky
    6 posts

Hello,
    I am playing ACV on Xbox One X and I got Eel somewhere in England, but long time ago (before patch v1.1.2)
    The only fishes I miss now are Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel. 🙇

Rest all other fishes were delivered. Had some tough time getting those but I yes I did.

• Thunderchild_UK
    7 posts

@t34416l31 With respect, the only ridiculous thing is the increasingly out of control hysteria about this.

To be clear, this is a glitch in a SIDE MECHANIC (not even core gameplay) that will be one of many in a list containing others issues you don't care about but others do. Personally, I think the game is in a pretty good state considering the size and complexity of it.

And asking if community managers like @Ubi-Borealis and their colleagues "care" at all is borderline offensive to them. Again, IMO they do a good job to relay information from the devs (key point they AREN'T devs) and try and suggest options and workarounds. Get off their case.

If a small issue like this is making you re-consider buying another Ubisoft product then perhaps what you need then is a reality check on what is very much a first world problem

• Dasher222
    19 posts

@thunderchild_uk

A couple of things.

First of all, this is but one of a ridiculous amount of bugs/glitches in this game that have been prevalent since launch. It is a wonder this game wasn't delayed and even greater, a fluke that CyberPunk released to such hysteria that Ubisoft was able to keep this mess in the shadows. Patches have been released incredibliy slowely so the fustration among the community has only become worst since launch.
    Secondly, upon one of the many reasons people are so fustrated is that the devs claimed this problem was erradicated with patch 1.1.2, which it clearly was not. What's more, it is still not listed under the "Known Issues" thread despite being commented on by members of the communnity team in this very discussion. This is clearly a problem without a workaround and realistically, won't be fixed until the next update in a months time or so.

• Lord_Texalot
    3 posts

@thunderchild_uk : Exactly! Sure, it would be better, if you could collect those fishes in one or another way, but it doesn't matter for the main story, it's not even a world event. It's just a trophy and I'm sure, they'll fix it in one of the next patches, now that they heard about the problem. So, keep calm, boys (and girls).

• Lord_Texalot
    3 posts

@dasher222 : You're right, there are many bugs. But this one is not that important, that everybody has to cry for "compensation" or anything. What I think: They focussed on spawning fishes at the coasts and weren't aware of the missing flatfish and makerel (Perhaps they thought, it stuck together with the coast spawning problem). Since it's clear, they're not in the game in patch 1.1.2, the known issues weren't updated yet, although there are many new bugs in it. So they will update the list of issues at the same time just before the next patch. By the way: If you were a developer. Would you want to fix a bug, while you know, if you fix it, people will cry again, because you fixed it too late or now it's now too easy or it's too difficult or something else, just to be angry? So, I think, the best chance to have this bug fixed, would be, if we all stop crying and start waiting for the next patch.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts

Hello all!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread with your experiences and suggestions. Please be assured that we're checking out this investigation regularly. At this moment in time, there is no new information to share regarding the availability of big mackerel/flatfish in-game. The development team are still also taking a look at the flying fish you have all been encountering. As many have you have worked out, it looks like the flying fish are linked to fishing when in a small boat, rather than from land.

Thanks for sharing your suggestions for alternative ways to complete the fishing hut delivery. If the fishing hut delivery is to be changed or if another way to acquire the needed fish is introduced to the game, this will be shared within the forum.

Once we get any new updates to share, these will be posted within this thread and our News & Announcements forum. Thank you all as the development team continues to look at this further.

I'd like to take the time to respond to some posts that have been left since my last post.

@JCar4327 - You're welcome! Based off my own experience and what people have shared in this thread, I'm pretty certain that big eels aren't required for any of the delivery tasks. Looking at the image that has been shared in this thread before, they definitely look like regular eel to me (and to others). Thanks for sharing your suggestion on an alternative method to completing the fishing deliveries as well!

@cakes5FA - Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the missing fish. We've heard a couple of reports from other players that it looks like what should be big flatfish (based off size and behaviour) are being reeled in as regular flatfish. We've passed this suggestion along to the development team so they can take a look at this.

@JoeBurks - We're unable to provide definite dates for game updates and hot-fixes. The best place to keep up to date with new updates is in our News & Announcements forum, as they will all be announced here. We will also do our best to update any threads affected by an update as soon as we're able to, for anyone who is following this thread for more information!

@t34416l31 - Hello there! I'm sorry to hear this. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback within the thread. Please be assured that the development team is looking into this issue and that we hope to have a resolution for you all soon. It was hoped that this would be solved in an earlier update, but it looks like some fish just don't want to be caught 😖 Please note that I am not a member of the development team, so I haven't been involved in the production of the game itself. As a member of player support, we are actively passing on your reports to the development team so they can take a closer look and work towards a resolution.

@Dasher222 - Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback as well. We had hoped that this issue would be resolved with TU 1.1.2, and apologise for any disappointment that has been caused by the issue persisting. Please note that the known issues list is not fully comprehensive and does not cover every issue under investigation. Both myself and @Ubi-Woofer are not part of the community team, but are part of player support, so we don't have any control over this list. We've spoken to the community team to see if they could add the issue, but cannot guarantee it will be added as they make changes in connection with the developers. Please keep an eye out in our News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • WhoCares78
    112 posts

@ubi-borealis Since some of the fish seem to want to start flying above the water and Eivor, should we start scanning the skies of Norway for the missing large Mackerel? 😂

Thanks for the update. It is appreciated even if there’s no new info for you to add yet.

• Dasher222
    19 posts

@lord_texalot

Obviosuly declaring the need for compensation over a fishing bug is hyperbolic. Rather what's more likely is that people have just had enough, especially those who pre-ordered and have been around since day 1.
    The problem isn't so much as "fixing a bug" as it is a continuous flow of bugs with every new patch that comes out. The game was pretty broken to begin with and only seems to get more broken with time. Again, it's pretty easy to get micro and focus on everybody's anger over a fishing glitch but it's because there's always something wrong with this game to the point that it now just seems agregious when a new update is released in such an obviously buggy state that the community needs to complain about it to supposably make the developers aware of it despite the fact you would have to be incredibly incompetent to not know these things exist in the first place.
    Anyway, this is far too off track to keep arguing about. We've both made our points.

• ElMadre1
    81 posts

@bogowsky You don't need the big versions to get platinum--you just need to catch one of each type of fish, in any size. The only thing you need large mackerel and large flatfish (which you didn't mention but surely don't have) for are the fishing hut deliveries, which are not tied to a trophy.

• NeOVoltron
    104 posts

@bogowsky Did you manage to catch big flatfish recently then? Teach us your ways Senpai! Also, for the final delivery (to get swordfish) you only need regular eels, not big ones.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@lord_texalot You can't say they were ignorant of the issue. There are literal hundreds of posts saying exactly which fish were missing and they chose not to acknowledge it. It would have only taken one employee to simply open the game and try to catch the fish for them to know it's still broken. They didn't even try. Not once. And nobody is going to cry that they fixed their bugs. We 'cry' because they don't fix the bugs. We EXPECT them to fix the bugs, ASAP. If I were a developer, I would definitely want to fix all the bugs. I would want my product to be good and pure.
    I understand that you don't like people talking trash about the dev team and Ubisoft, but people are [censored], and very understandably so. [censored] off people typically don't act rationally. We spend hundreds of hours in a game so we can complete it. No other reason. We don't like looking for little yellow dots, we like opening the little yellow dots, collecting the loot and having it disappear from the map, and go towards completion. We don't like stacking rocks, we like completion. We don't like holding UP to climb mountain for minutes at a time, we like completion. We don't like catching/shooting hundreds and hundreds of fish, we like completion. We want to finish the game, and we are being denied our final glory.

• lemmie88
    134 posts

My beef with this issue is not about completion. It is about all the constant misleading communication surrounding it. The swordfish challenge is still there, as if it is possible, leading players to waste quite a bit of time on a known bug. The 1.1.2 notes say it has been addressed. Of course, in actuality, its still broken. Do they not check before putting out the patch notes? How is this possible?

I am actually starting to suspect it is deliberate negligence, as a way to artificially maintain "player engagement" while they try to generate actual content. I'm sure the number of active players translates to sales when dlc time comes. OTOH, the last update kind of broke the assassination mechanic in an assassin game so, 🤷 . Is it deception? Incompetence? Apathy?

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@lemmie88 Idk, I just wish video game companies would say more. Engage with us. Not some reddit post with meaningless words. Like a video, of someone addressing our issues, and telling us what they are doing about it. Like...
    "Hi everyone, Bob here with Ubisoft. Today's video update is about the missing fish! Our team is looking into this, and we've came across some issues when trying to fix it that have caused others issues we're sure you don't want! The reason they are not spawning is ... ... ... ..., and we need to ... ... ... ... We know this is frustrating, and if we can't fix it by ...time..., then we will add the items to the town shop for purchase with silver."

...or something. Just talk to us, let us know what's going on. Like daily, or weekly. As it is now, we get little-to-no info, and have to wait months for simple patches to come out. Why can't they fix one thing, then as soon as it's ready send out the patch? Why do they wait for months then batch it all together as one update?

And I also feel that the reason so many people are upset about the fish thing is because we all think it is something very simple to fix. We're not devs, so don't know how complex it is to fix, but it seems really easy to fix. All they have to say is "the issue is very complicated and tied into major game functions, so patching won't be easy". That would suffice for me. I would understand a little more. But as it sits, I still think fixing the fish should be very easy, that's why I am mad at their incompetence and/or unwillingness to address the issue.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics