Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@novikaiba23 No, I have fished hours and hours longer than I should have, because of incompetence at Ubisoft. I don't want them trying to fix anything, because we all know they will create 10x more bugs than they fixed. They just need to simply add all the remaining fish to our inventories and be done with this.

• douglasdraeger
    3 posts

@marveen95 lots of big eels in Wincestre, east part of the city, by watermill.

• douglasdraeger
    3 posts

@jcar4327 lots of big eels in Wincestre, east part of the city, by watermill.

• JCar4327
    627 posts

@douglasdraeger Ehhh, those very much do come close to looking like big eels, unfortunately they are all burbot. Not a single eel in the bunch.

• R2013Aaron
    2 posts

Fishing after the river raids issue Hi I am trying to complete the fishing missions to get the swordfish but I have ran in to an issue Which is I can't find any big flatfish or Mackerel in the places that they are meant to be this means I can't get the fish needed to complete the missions to get the swordfish ubisoft please help

• Ironlikelion
    3 posts
    Hi, unfortunately the quest to get the swordfish is not complete because the big flatfish and the big mackerel are bugged and do not spawn in the game.
    we are all waiting for Ubisoft to solve the problem.

• cakes5FA
    1 posts

@Ubi-Borealis
    Just some thoughts and things I've noticed post patch ...

The following is relevant to big flatfish, but I'm thinking it may also apply to the other missing big fish.

At the flatfish spawn areas, it looks like the big ones are indeed set to spawn, but the wrong ingame asset is being used.

When you fish ingame, I'm sure everyone has noticed that 1 big fish spawns, 2 regular fish and 5 or so small fish. Using Odins Sight, you can normally tell the size of fish by the number in the spawn, as well as the larger ones looking bigger. At distance i find it easier just by looking at the number in the spawn.

If you scare a group of fish, they can split up and confuse the way it looks.

Since the patch, I've noticed that every spawn of a single flatfish, has been a regular one, not big as you'd expect.
    So I'm assuming that the recent changes have cured the spawning issues, but the wrong size of fish is spawning in these cases.

Hopefully this might be of some help to the devs.

• NodeadVicky
    6 posts

As of 23rd Feb, 2021. There are no big flatfish or Mackerel in the game.
    Please fix this.

• MakeMake94
    2 posts
    @Ubi-Borealis
    Just some thoughts and things I've noticed post patch ...

The following is relevant to big flatfish, but I'm thinking it may also apply to the other missing big fish.

At the flatfish spawn areas, it looks like the big ones are indeed set to spawn, but the wrong ingame asset is being used.

When you fish ingame, I'm sure everyone has noticed that 1 big fish spawns, 2 regular fish and 5 or so small fish. Using Odins Sight, you can normally tell the size of fish by the number in the spawn, as well as the larger ones looking bigger. At distance i find it easier just by looking at the number in the spawn.

If you scare a group of fish, they can split up and confuse the way it looks.

Since the patch, I've noticed that every spawn of a single flatfish, has been a regular one, not big as you'd expect.
    So I'm assuming that the recent changes have cured the spawning issues, but the wrong size of fish is spawning in these cases.

Hopefully this might be of some help to the devs.

I always thought that was the problem. I think there are big flatfish in the game but they are called regular flatfish

• JoeBurks
    2 posts

Quick question.... When do they normally release patches during the week? Also when do they release hotfixes? Or are those random?

• bluey_
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for the update. I’ve been playing on PS5 and have also been unable to find any big mackerel/flatfish.

• t34416l31
    10 posts

@Ubi-Borealis this is absolutely
    ridiculous. This has clearly been a problem for a long time and customers have been complaining in drives for months. Do you care at all that you have delivered a bug ridden game and a crappy play experience to countless customers? You introduce a 10GB patch, yet you can't fix this fish issue that you have clearly been aware of for months? I will have to think long and hard about whether or not I will ever buy anothrr Ubisoft product after the entire Valhalla experience. The most unfortunate thing is it has potential to be a great game, you just clearly released it WAY before you should have. Gotta make those shareholders happy right? Who cares about the gamers or product quality?

• cmhoughton
    32 posts

@cakes5fa

you’re probably right on this.

If they can’t fix this, make the big flatfish and mackerel loot-able or available in the store for purchase so we can all finish those deliveries and get the sword for the achievement.

• cmhoughton
    32 posts

@jcar4327 @roguextreme001

I didn’t have problems with the big eel, but I don’t remember where I got them. However, from what others have said it’s dependent on the platform you’re on. I’m using an Xbox One.

• JCar4327
    627 posts

@cmhoughton I'm on Xbox One as well and haven't seen a big eel anywhere, but to be perfectly honest I haven't really spent a lot of time looking for them yet because I haven't needed them. I am pretty sure I have never caught one because I am assuming the animation will be the same as with all other big fish when you catch a big one. I have yet to see that for an eel.

• Bogowsky
    1 posts

I only miss 2 big fish. Mackerel and eel to get platinum. I'm surprised it's so hard to fix. They are making some little extras, and simple fish can't be fixed.

• NodeadVicky
    6 posts

Hello,
    I am playing ACV on Xbox One X and I got Eel somewhere in England, but long time ago (before patch v1.1.2)
    The only fishes I miss now are Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel. 🙇

Rest all other fishes were delivered. Had some tough time getting those but I yes I did.

• Thunderchild_UK
    7 posts

@t34416l31 With respect, the only ridiculous thing is the increasingly out of control hysteria about this.

To be clear, this is a glitch in a SIDE MECHANIC (not even core gameplay) that will be one of many in a list containing others issues you don't care about but others do. Personally, I think the game is in a pretty good state considering the size and complexity of it.

And asking if community managers like @Ubi-Borealis and their colleagues "care" at all is borderline offensive to them. Again, IMO they do a good job to relay information from the devs (key point they AREN'T devs) and try and suggest options and workarounds. Get off their case.

If a small issue like this is making you re-consider buying another Ubisoft product then perhaps what you need then is a reality check on what is very much a first world problem

• Dasher222
    19 posts

@thunderchild_uk

A couple of things.

First of all, this is but one of a ridiculous amount of bugs/glitches in this game that have been prevalent since launch. It is a wonder this game wasn't delayed and even greater, a fluke that CyberPunk released to such hysteria that Ubisoft was able to keep this mess in the shadows. Patches have been released incredibliy slowely so the fustration among the community has only become worst since launch.
    Secondly, upon one of the many reasons people are so fustrated is that the devs claimed this problem was erradicated with patch 1.1.2, which it clearly was not. What's more, it is still not listed under the "Known Issues" thread despite being commented on by members of the communnity team in this very discussion. This is clearly a problem without a workaround and realistically, won't be fixed until the next update in a months time or so.

• Lord_Texalot
    3 posts

@thunderchild_uk : Exactly! Sure, it would be better, if you could collect those fishes in one or another way, but it doesn't matter for the main story, it's not even a world event. It's just a trophy and I'm sure, they'll fix it in one of the next patches, now that they heard about the problem. So, keep calm, boys (and girls).

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics