Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@lord_texalot You can't say they were ignorant of the issue. There are literal hundreds of posts saying exactly which fish were missing and they chose not to acknowledge it. It would have only taken one employee to simply open the game and try to catch the fish for them to know it's still broken. They didn't even try. Not once. And nobody is going to cry that they fixed their bugs. We 'cry' because they don't fix the bugs. We EXPECT them to fix the bugs, ASAP. If I were a developer, I would definitely want to fix all the bugs. I would want my product to be good and pure.
    I understand that you don't like people talking trash about the dev team and Ubisoft, but people are [censored], and very understandably so. [censored] off people typically don't act rationally. We spend hundreds of hours in a game so we can complete it. No other reason. We don't like looking for little yellow dots, we like opening the little yellow dots, collecting the loot and having it disappear from the map, and go towards completion. We don't like stacking rocks, we like completion. We don't like holding UP to climb mountain for minutes at a time, we like completion. We don't like catching/shooting hundreds and hundreds of fish, we like completion. We want to finish the game, and we are being denied our final glory.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2207 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • lemmie88
    130 posts

My beef with this issue is not about completion. It is about all the constant misleading communication surrounding it. The swordfish challenge is still there, as if it is possible, leading players to waste quite a bit of time on a known bug. The 1.1.2 notes say it has been addressed. Of course, in actuality, its still broken. Do they not check before putting out the patch notes? How is this possible?

I am actually starting to suspect it is deliberate negligence, as a way to artificially maintain "player engagement" while they try to generate actual content. I'm sure the number of active players translates to sales when dlc time comes. OTOH, the last update kind of broke the assassination mechanic in an assassin game so, 🤷 . Is it deception? Incompetence? Apathy?

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@lemmie88 Idk, I just wish video game companies would say more. Engage with us. Not some reddit post with meaningless words. Like a video, of someone addressing our issues, and telling us what they are doing about it. Like...
    "Hi everyone, Bob here with Ubisoft. Today's video update is about the missing fish! Our team is looking into this, and we've came across some issues when trying to fix it that have caused others issues we're sure you don't want! The reason they are not spawning is ... ... ... ..., and we need to ... ... ... ... We know this is frustrating, and if we can't fix it by ...time..., then we will add the items to the town shop for purchase with silver."

...or something. Just talk to us, let us know what's going on. Like daily, or weekly. As it is now, we get little-to-no info, and have to wait months for simple patches to come out. Why can't they fix one thing, then as soon as it's ready send out the patch? Why do they wait for months then batch it all together as one update?

And I also feel that the reason so many people are upset about the fish thing is because we all think it is something very simple to fix. We're not devs, so don't know how complex it is to fix, but it seems really easy to fix. All they have to say is "the issue is very complicated and tied into major game functions, so patching won't be easy". That would suffice for me. I would understand a little more. But as it sits, I still think fixing the fish should be very easy, that's why I am mad at their incompetence and/or unwillingness to address the issue.

• NeOVoltron
    96 posts

Y'all can stop attacking Ubisoft now, they've updated their "Known Issues" page to include this...undefined

• northernfusion
    1 posts

The main reason we need Big flatfish, Big mackerel is to finish these quests.
    But it seems its harder to fix then anticipated....
    So how about this: Change the required fish from these to something we can actually catch.......

• IKSHdeN
    4 posts

All these hours searching for big flatfish/mackerels. 😞
    Hope Ubisoft will make them available in shop so the issue not getting swordfish is solved easy.
    Some extra Draugr stuff in Redas shop would also be nice.

• Khaos004
    27 posts

Very well said. Bravo.

• Del_Valle711
    1 posts

Any update on the big flat fish and big mackerel for consoles yet? Holding up progress on completing core challenges.

• luigispcrew
    54 posts

@neovoltron "some" could be anything. Let's hope devs know about the big mackerel and big flat fish

• NeOVoltron
    96 posts

@luigispcrew They do know about big flatfish and big mackerel, community support already said, but people were flippin' out because it wasn't "officially" recorded as a known issue.

• TheeElf
    168 posts

@neovoltron It actually was but they moved it from the known issues to resolved with the Title Update 1.1.2. Until they complete their investigation they likely won't move it back to known issues yet.

• Demihuman77
    4 posts

I have still not been able to find flat fish or mackerel those are the last two things that are needed for the fishing quests

• Demihuman77
    4 posts

@del_valle711 I will not purchase the France expansion and told they fix the bugs with the fishing. Hit them where it hurts in their pocketbooks. Because they’ve known about this for many months yet they launched river raids and never fixed the issue with the fishing

• SkyrimwitcherFW
    5 posts

@thunderchild_uk
    I'm pretty sure fishing is a core part of the game, as are the hunting supplies and legendary animals. On the other hand, I think the tremendous effort of chasing down notes to get the fiftieth tattoos is a bad joke. Otherwise, you could leave everything out and just follow the story. is that your opinion? it is and remains completely incomprehensible that the fisch programming error could not be fixed with a hotfix of a few kb.thats the point😋

• SkyrimwitcherFW
    5 posts

@neovoltron WOW a visible indictment that no one from ubisoft or other testers, ever played Assassin's Creed Valhalla or really tested it. thats the shame👎

• stanway1978
    3 posts

Amazes me they can update the micro-transactions every week but to fix small bugs it takes months. Is this a ploy to keep the game active until the dlc drops or an elaborate scam where these missing fish will turn up in a pack at the cost of helix credits knowing its driving players insane

• bielik01
    107 posts

@cmhoughton @Ubi-Borealis I have it on video:

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2207 posts

Hello all!

I'd like to take the time to reach out to you all with an update, and to respond to some posts that have been left since my last post. At this moment, I'm afraid we have no new information to share regarding the missing large flatfish/mackerel, or bringing those flying fish back into the water. The development team are still taking a closer look at both of these reports. Once we have any news to share, we will post it within this thread, so please keep an eye out for updates!

@WhoCares78 - Maybe they're flying in the auroras in the sky... they are known as rivers of light, after all 🤔

@eL_T_US - Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please be assured that the development team has been actively working on this investigation since it was first reported by players. This was something that we had hoped to be resolved in previous updates, and we're sorry for any disappointment that has been caused by their disappearance following these updates. Both myself and @Ubi-Woofer have tried our best to keep you all updated when we can, and we have also been actively passing on any new reports you guys have made following previous updates. As we're not part of the development team, we cannot speculate on how easy or hard this is to fix. Once we do have any more information to share from the investigation, it will be posted within this thread.

@luigispcrew - Don't worry, big mackerel and big flatfish are both included in this!

@SkyrimwitcherFW - Hello! I cannot speak for everyone on the team, but both myself and @Ubi-Woofer are active players of Valhalla! We've both completed the game, and have regularly passed along our own images/videos and save files to help in investigations. We are also both looking forward to finally being able to complete the fishing deliveries 🎣 @Ubi-Woofer has actually spent a lot of time creating videos to help with finding certain fish (like the small sturgeon and halibut). Once we have any updates to share about the missing large fish, they will be shared in this thread as soon as we know, so please keep an eye out!

If anyone needs help with finding certain fish or creatures, please let @Ubi-Woofer and she'll do her best to make a video for you!

@bielik01 - Thanks for taking the time to share a video with us! I'll pass this along to the development team as well 🙂

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • eL_T_US
    232 posts
  • xrayspex_73
    139 posts

@bielik01 That is a regular flatfish. Not big. Trust me I have caught 100 of those.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics