Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• grahamfischer
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • storm81456
    1 posts

@first_prophet You can finish the avenge player challenge by heading over to the SE of East Anglia. SE of the fast travel point there's a spot with 3 wild boar, Scottoh farm location, and a camp by the water's edge . Kill the enemies and then hang out in the area for 10 mins or so and you'll hear Eivor make a comment and there will be an icon and a body that appears with the avenge mission. I just knocked the 10 out last week myself, so I know it still works. I think the guide started on the forums here but I couldn't find that link so here ya go:

AC Valhalla - How to Avenge A Player Guide (as of Title Update 1.1.1) : ACValhalla (reddit.com)

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@grahamfischer

Eivor has to stay of those mushrooms 😊

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@b00msie him and the devs have something in common. want big flatfish and mackerel? no? well youll get them anyway, even if it takes until the 2nd DLC. no one shall have sacred sword fish sword

• guest-E5i3o02I
    10 posts

@logibear0111 I'm following the forum since a week about. I completed all the game 2 months ago and struggling with this [censored] fish

• ZomBotz
    3 posts

Come on Ubisoft....you're pumping out new stuff in the helix store, first dlc coming in a week or so, and you're a AAA COMPANY!!
    This type of disrespect to the people that quite literally keep money in your pockets is UNACCEPTABLE!!
    For the first time in your existence I will not be pre ordering farcry, because I simply do not trust you anymore.
    Fix these missing fish or I will be demanding a refund for this game and watchdogs legion...due to your false advertising with just about every promise made.
    [censored] happened to you???

@usrnmz56789 I know that there are 3 big cod that can be found in crates outside a small hut. If you haven't located them yet just respond and I will post the video link for you mate.

• ZomBotz
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rclemens7786
    1 posts

Big mackerel / flatfish not spawning!

• BIGtflatfish
    7 posts

sucks but not a game breaker o.o jeeze people i spent a day or two fishing then looked it up, found the 2 fish arnt in the game so i stopped fishing till they confim its fixxed... if you spent 6 hours lookin for a fish after being told you wont find it thats a you problem not these poor folks from ubisoft trying to fix it. its a vanity item sure my digital ocd says i want it but then realistically ill use it for 5 min and never touch it again (like in origins). thanks for your hard work ubisoft especially in the midst of a global pandemic(people seem to over look that) and making a AAA game thats bridging console generations, lookin forward to diggin into wrath of the druids 👍 😀👍 🍀 .

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@bigtflatfish my issue is that there seems to be no urgency whatsoever to fix this. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. In the last few days, someone found a way to glitch out of river raids so you can claim some of the Valkyrie gear from some of the dev pink boxes. Within hours, those items appear in Reda's shop and they remove the whole Valkyrie set from the helix store. So when the issue/bug affects potential income, Ubisoft will move urgently to fix this. Yet an issue like this where many many people have wasted literally hours of their lives on something that we where told was fixed, it feels like the players are very much an after thought and making money is far more important than players enjoyment than fixing the game so we can complete the last side quest. Which sounds trivial and maybe it is, but the pure amount of frustrated posts on this thread very much shows how people feel

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4 i 100% agree with this guy, they already patched those boxes that didnt even work when you played online with connection. i tried it and it got taken away. but they cant just change the required fish size so we can proceed and get the swordfish? it very obvious theyre milking us for time on the game to spend money in their store which i hope no one does, the gear may look cool but the stats are laughable in every game. stop treating us like expendable consumers or you will end up like CDPR in their Cyperjunk scam law suit

@ubi-woofer the level of disrespect you guys go to, to blatantly show your consumers your are sucking them dry. you can fix every last glitch that helps us the second it pops up no matter how complicated (fall damage avoid, purple boxes for helix items *btw you dont even keep them when online*, zealot cheese), but the second we need something you hold it over our head to keep us on your game to keep purchasing your bs junk in the helix store you pump out on a daily basis. fix the fish NOW. if its not fixed by DLC, i cant imagine anyone actually buying DLC, because the whole DLC will be broke and be filled with helix items instead until the 2nd DLC when they can fix it. have i mentioned the fish still arent fixed yet, but there's 10 new helix set items? we just want the swordfish but we'll get another AC game before they fix their problems. way to take one out of rockstar and EA's book

• grahamfischer
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Joey_Khaos
    10 posts

Wow, I can really feel the frustration throughout the forum at the moment. It's starting to remind me of the Bioware forums around the time ME: Andromeda was released. Hardcore supporters of the studio, getting extremely annoyed by what are seemingly easy fixes to bugs that are ruining an otherwise good game. Come on Ubisoft, fix the damn fish already.

• GER-K3l3vr4
    1 posts

I have now spent more than 30 hours finding the big mackerel and the big plaice on my own. I have traveled all the plaice ridicule on foot and in a small fishing boat, waiting for "cheap waves and schools" by means of meditation. there were always fish, but never a single large plaice or a large mackerel was seen in Englaland and/or norway. When will this issue be fixed?

Yesterday my UBI app suggested the trophy with the swordfish (good catch), but I won't get it without the two fish. Looks a little bit like a little fool and I find it very annoying by now.

I would like a date when this game content, which was planned from the beginning, will be available, it will definitely come in the next patch, right? Should actually be patched with the last update.

Thank you undefinedundefined

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

Hello @GER-K3l3vr4! Thank you for posting on Discussions about this issue. I'd like to clarify with you first of all whether you are actually referring to the "Good Catch!" achievement / trophy, or the Ubisoft Connect challenge "Stinky But Deadly" to wield the Swordfish, as these are not the same thing.

If the actual "Good Catch!" achievement / trophy, please be advised that you do not need the big Mackerel or Flatfish in order to achieve this. The unlock requirements for this are to catch one of each fish species using your fishing line; these can be of any size. I myself have earned this trophy in my PlayStation 4 playthrough, so know it to be possible! 🙂

The Ubisoft Connect challenge "Stinky But Deadly" is currently not possible to achieve due to the big Mackerel and Flatfish being unavailable however. We have a dedicated megathread for issues with these fish, which you can find here, and myself and my colleagues are keeping this regularly updated with the latest news on the developers' investigation. At present, we do not have an ETA for a fix to provide, but as soon as we do, it will be shared there.

I hope that this information helps. If your issue is indeed the latter one, I'll lock this thread after you confirm so that we can move the discussion to the proper megathread and not have duplicate discussions ongoing. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • guest-E5i3o02I
    10 posts

@tigerknight1 in Norway you get only regular Mackerel

• First_Prophet
    29 posts

@storm81456 Hahahaha, that's how I spawned and completed the only Avenge mission that I have on my counter. It hasn't generated again since the initial and last time. 😛 Thanks for the tip, though. 😄

• BIGtflatfish
    7 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4 your comparing patching a feature that went live in the most resent update about 2 weeks ago too patching a bug that was present on release. aside from that howed itd be if you spent 15$ on a armor set and then found out people are getting it free from a bug, microtransactions are important now they generate the money to fund development and more content you should really take a min and look that up games like gta have used it too keep a game running over 3 generations consoles and pc witthout even selling exclusive content just on convivence alone, in reality microtransactions are whats paying for alot of your free content too.. i mean unless you want to go back to just buying a barebones finshed game without dlcs, support(as in a forum like this too gripe in), or extra content.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@bigtflatfish to be honest this is the first Ubisoft game or any game of any sort that's had loads of micro transactions in that ive played. Games ive played before this is stuff like the last of us 1& 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher 3, Red Dead 2. The DLC's in HZD and W3 are just incredible and all of those games didn't need micro transactions to make them masterpieces or to make vast sums of money or to fund bug fixes. All of those games are master level games and sold huge numbers without any of it. Plus compare all of those games bugs to this?! I brought the season pass when i brought this game and to be honest i'm also not used to having loads of bugs in a AAA game like this. Its a whole new experience and maybe ive been spoilt, maybe i haven't. You're making it like we should feel sorry for Ubisoft for not making 2 billion instead of 1. They have the resource to fix any bug, of course they do, massive resource. I was pointing out their priority seems to never put the player of the game as any sort of priority for fixing these, maybe i'm wrong, maybe they are doing everything they can to fix this issue but the communication of bug fixing is again, awful. Ive seen that mentioned more than maybe anything on various platforms. If i'd paid $15 for a set and then someone found out an exploit to get that for free the next day i'd laugh and think 'good on you'.

The real question is, would we be looking for these exploits if there wasn't so much locked paid content? no, no we wouldn't. A multiple billion dollar company can't put out more paid gear than free gear in a game and then get upset when people find an exploit to get it for free. Plus you say about this forum, when i had issues with W3, ive always gotten a direct reply within 48 hours from that company. All without any micro transactions needed to fund it. I personally prefer a game like HZD or Witcher 3 that put out a hell of a game, then released DLCs later on, i completed those and then felt content to move on to another game and not wait around forever for new content. Then much later if i wanted to go back into that world, that's the beauty of new game +. I much prefer that way of playing a game to be honest and not be playing a game solid for 12 months, but that's just me. Maybe Ubisoft isn't for me after all

• BIGtflatfish
    7 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4 you clearly don't know what your saying, you too reply to everything but the very first point i made lol. and seem to think dlcs and season passes are microtransactions. did you even play any the other ac games origins and odyssey both had the exact same helix store systems as Valhalla each adding a new set of features( boat stuffs, now settlements), but Valhalla had a complete gear overhaul after odyssey the con being less different gear the pro you don't have too keep upgrading them every 3 levels... i like the new system its much better even if there's less gear now. No ones making you buy helix gear its not a requirement its entirely optional. if anything reda shoulda kept the one random loot option from passed games but i see why not. secondly with exception to rdr2 which its online is far from the hit GTAO was, offers a convivence micro for gold like gtao, the rest tho are Playstation exclusive and never really see anything more then dlc so yea. there's also a good point to be made saying the Witcher 3 literally was broken for the first 8 months it was out soooo. and honestly people being breakin games since nes i can still rush bowser on super mario with nothing but a cheesed out short-cut to star road and a few extra lives. but yea way of topic now probably gunna be deleted anyway fam cheers 👍 😀 🍺 honestly tho these posts are probably gunna be deleted for irreverence on account of the fact they have nothing to do with fish or fishing lol.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics