Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• IrishGamer50789
    24 posts

@yesin069 who said patch is march 16th? And content is slow as [censored] in this game that I managed to get all trophy and clear all the maps.. worse ac launch since unity.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    548 posts

@dalywonder

I am just reading patterns here. Ubisoft is a very formualic company that you can see threw very easily. All their games function the same and Valhalla gets patches at the exact same frequency. Everything is calculated to the last second without any dynamic changes (except for those hotfixes that fix things that arent the biggest problems or give us some fast XP, silver or helix store armor which is lost money for Ubisoft). It isnt important what fixes we wish for or what features we want. Everything is planned before release so i think the next patch will be called 1.2.0 and will come out on the 16th of march if you look at their patterns. Surely the new time limited spring event then will start at the 18th of march.

Even if this event is filled with bugs, Ubisoft management wont change anything. The devs have the deadline to release this new season at the start of spring (some days before) so this patch will come out at this time.

I would prefer much more dynamic reactions from Ubisoft to bugs and quality of life improvements that we wish for Valhalla. If Ubisoft would react dynamically, they would have pushed the Yule event and the river raids to fix bugs before and polish the new content more. Even in the microtransactions or new free gear sets you see that the devs have no room to breathe or double check the new content. The gear sets always have some missing informations in the details page, diamond runes on every item or clipping issues which would never happen if the devs wouldnt have such short deadlines to release this useless stuff.

• mfscorp
    1 posts

Hi,

take a separate room you 2, you look married.
    keep it on topic instead of complaining Aboutaleb the game and Ubisoft
    Go play Tetris you 2
    now you can nag against my reply

at Ubisoft
    i also have the issue that i cant Find the big flatfish and big mackerels.

patch1.1.2
    pc

grtz

• MarshmallowXX13
    2 posts

@gctwothree check his Exophase profile. ALL he does is rush through challenges. He’s a liar and a cheat and I don’t know why he draws attention to himself.

• MarshmallowXX13
    2 posts

@gctwothree he’s already been kicked off Exophase once for cheating.

• Lysvander
    47 posts

@ubi-woofer I am hardly a forum kinda guy, but i do remember Mass Effect forums in the early days. Where developers alongside moderators were on the forums.

It would not hurt for an "official" voice to speak and clear everything up, as i have seen being done back then on those forums.

Along the lines of "we never tested this, and added an achievement to the game before checking if said assets to complete the achievement were even present.", "we have stumbled upon several issues, and are currently unable to add said assets to the game, for which we apologize."

Something like that, you know.
    Pin it, and direct people to that, to ease the tension. Myself, i cannot understand how you are unable to add something to the game that is no different then the other "big" fish, bar the name.
    But maybe i make it sound to easy. *shrug*

• catchyaup
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • catchyaup
    13 posts

@ubi-woofer thumbs down. There is no excuses really just make it work and test it properly. If you pay me good I will test for you I am AC expert from day dot AC1 and if didn't have to work would find all bugs and complete everything in one week.

• SteewyDub
    29 posts

Please include Big Eel to the list, it would be funny to see them fixing Flatfish and Mackerel... leaving Big Eel missing, as it was not included to the list.
    Big Eel is part of the last challenge.
    undefined

• ANoDE85
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer Thank you for communicating with us and updating this post. I'd just like to add myself to the list of people who are waiting for the big-fish update (I'm unable to get Big Mackrel and Big Flatfish - on both, PC and PS5).

While I somehow can understand that the developers aim for a solution that doesn't change the requirements of the achievement, I'm pretty sure, that they are the only ones with this mindset. Most people are just waiting for a more pragmatic solution. By now, I highly doubt that anyone still cares about how and where to get the missing types of fish - as long as they turn up somehow. If it's really that hard to fix this bug, the devs should just let go of their pride and offer a viable solution, soon.

Until then, I simply refuse to start up the game again.

• JamesLogan491
    79 posts

@steewydub the last challenge requires regular eels as far as I'm aware.

• aehrhart1980
    4 posts

@ubi-baron I have spent hours searching for Flat Fish Big and Mackerel Big and I have spent hours researching where to find them. All the videos and forums I have read, no one can seem to find them. Please either fix this bug or allow us to use helix credit to gain the fish or just give us the fish. It is very frustrating when you spend an entire day searching for these fish and they are nowhere to be found. @ubisoft owes its player base an apology for this major mess up.

• SteewyDub
    29 posts

@jameslogan491 A lot of people mentioned Big Eel so I figured it is that one... Thanks for clearing that out. Cheers🍺

• RasmussonKcr
    16 posts

Its March 8 2021 and big flatfish are still not appearing anywhere along of coasts of cent, hamtunshire , Essex, no where , regular and small flatfish yes I can catch lots but big ones not one spawn
    Please fix ubisoft , I have reported it

• JamesLogan491
    79 posts

@aehrhart1980 Use helix credit?! You are either trolling or it must have been a typing mistake and you actually meant silver or something obtainable in-game.
    Having a micro-transaction only currency on a full price triple A game is already bad enough, but requiring it in other to complete the base game content is just a whole new level of BS.
    I really hope that was an honest mistake on your part and you meant some other easily obtainable currency.
    That being said, Ubisoft staff has already confirmed that the dev team is looking to fix those fish spawns in order to make them fishable as they were supposed to be on launch and not to add them to some in-game market.
    Basically, Ubisoft charged us full price for the "privilege" of being beta testers and not actually players.

• RyanDez
    2 posts

It just seems like the number of players that go for full completion are too small for Ubisoft to care about fixing something like this as a priority.

• Metroid_Meister
    32 posts

I know that the big flatfish and the big mackerel are bugged and won't spawn. I just need those fish to finally get the last delivery. I was wondering is there a rough estimate when this will be fixed.

• ANoDE85
    2 posts

@ryandez It would seem so, since they did not upgrade the missing fish issue to the "planned to fix" state in the recently updated "Known Issues" list. It's still in "under investigation" state sadly, which means, it will most probably still take quite some time until they consider issuing a fix.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

@grahamfischer - Your feedback has been noted and passed forward. However, as I mentioned previously, the developers are seeking to resolve the existing issue, as opposed to changing the requirements for the delivery. I'll keep you and everyone updated with the progress on this.

@RasmussonKcr - Hello! Inspired by your reply, I created a new video showing three locations where you can find small Pollock. The location mentioned by @WhoCares78 is included in it (thanks for the suggestion!) so you can refer to it if needed! I hope it helps!

@guest-9dkaJoe4 - If I could, I would provide ETAs for fixes and further information about any complications encountered during the developers' investigations. However, these details are not available with regard to this issue with the missing large flatfish/mackerel, and at present, the latest update we have is that the developers are working to resolve the issue in its current state. I wouldn't want to set any false expectations, so will only communicate news when it has been verified and confirmed. As such, we'll continue to update this thread with the latest news we have regarding the issue. 🙂

@grahamfischer & @WhoCares78 - I would strongly advise that you cease your ongoing discussion and return to discussing the issue this megathread is for, as you're straying increasingly off-topic and also closer to being offensive towards each other. There will be no additional warnings, so please heed this one. Thank you.

@mfscorp - Thank you for your report. The issue is recognised by the developers and is being worked on at the moment. I'll keep this thread updated with the latest updates. As an aside - please refrain from backseat moderating. If you have an issue with any posts or threads, please report them directly to us for us to evaluate and take action as necessary. Thank you. 🙂

@Lysvander - We communicate information from the developers with regard to issues such as this one at this time, as do members of the Community Team. Should the developers make a statement of their own, we will share this in the appropriate places / via the appropriate channels at the time. Thank you.

@catchyaup - As I've stated, the developers are working hard to correct this issue and we'll communicate further as soon as more information is available. Thank you.

@SteewyDub - Big Eel were also brought to the attention of the developers previously however it has since been thought that it is regular Eel required instead for the final delivery to obtain the Swordfish. When further details become available, I will share them here. Thank you.

@ANoDE85 - I'd just like to offer a small correction with regard to the Known Issues list. The "planned to be addressed with future updates" covers issues where a fix is confirmed and will be included in a future update, while the "under investigation" section includes formally recognised issues which a fix is still in the process of being identified for. The issue being in that latter section does not mean it will not be fixed, just that a fix is not yet confirmed / planned. Thanks. 🙂

Official Response
  • TheeElf
    178 posts
    I'd just like to offer a small correction with regard to the Known Issues list. The "planned to be addressed with future updates" covers issues where a fix is confirmed and will be included in a future update, while the "under investigation" section includes formally recognised issues which a fix is still in the process of being identified for. The issue being in that latter section does not mean it will not be fixed, just that a fix is not yet confirmed / planned. Thanks. 🙂

Which basically means that as it stands right now, Big Flatfish/Mackerel won't be fixed in the next update. 😞

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics