Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SteewyDub
    29 posts

Please include Big Eel to the list, it would be funny to see them fixing Flatfish and Mackerel... leaving Big Eel missing, as it was not included to the list.
    Big Eel is part of the last challenge.
    undefined

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • ANoDE85
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer Thank you for communicating with us and updating this post. I'd just like to add myself to the list of people who are waiting for the big-fish update (I'm unable to get Big Mackrel and Big Flatfish - on both, PC and PS5).

While I somehow can understand that the developers aim for a solution that doesn't change the requirements of the achievement, I'm pretty sure, that they are the only ones with this mindset. Most people are just waiting for a more pragmatic solution. By now, I highly doubt that anyone still cares about how and where to get the missing types of fish - as long as they turn up somehow. If it's really that hard to fix this bug, the devs should just let go of their pride and offer a viable solution, soon.

Until then, I simply refuse to start up the game again.

• JamesLogan491
    79 posts

@steewydub the last challenge requires regular eels as far as I'm aware.

• aehrhart1980
    4 posts

@ubi-baron I have spent hours searching for Flat Fish Big and Mackerel Big and I have spent hours researching where to find them. All the videos and forums I have read, no one can seem to find them. Please either fix this bug or allow us to use helix credit to gain the fish or just give us the fish. It is very frustrating when you spend an entire day searching for these fish and they are nowhere to be found. @ubisoft owes its player base an apology for this major mess up.

• SteewyDub
    29 posts

@jameslogan491 A lot of people mentioned Big Eel so I figured it is that one... Thanks for clearing that out. Cheers🍺

• RasmussonKcr
    16 posts

Its March 8 2021 and big flatfish are still not appearing anywhere along of coasts of cent, hamtunshire , Essex, no where , regular and small flatfish yes I can catch lots but big ones not one spawn
    Please fix ubisoft , I have reported it

• JamesLogan491
    79 posts

@aehrhart1980 Use helix credit?! You are either trolling or it must have been a typing mistake and you actually meant silver or something obtainable in-game.
    Having a micro-transaction only currency on a full price triple A game is already bad enough, but requiring it in other to complete the base game content is just a whole new level of BS.
    I really hope that was an honest mistake on your part and you meant some other easily obtainable currency.
    That being said, Ubisoft staff has already confirmed that the dev team is looking to fix those fish spawns in order to make them fishable as they were supposed to be on launch and not to add them to some in-game market.
    Basically, Ubisoft charged us full price for the "privilege" of being beta testers and not actually players.

• RyanDez
    2 posts

It just seems like the number of players that go for full completion are too small for Ubisoft to care about fixing something like this as a priority.

• Metroid_Meister
    32 posts

I know that the big flatfish and the big mackerel are bugged and won't spawn. I just need those fish to finally get the last delivery. I was wondering is there a rough estimate when this will be fixed.

• ANoDE85
    2 posts

@ryandez It would seem so, since they did not upgrade the missing fish issue to the "planned to fix" state in the recently updated "Known Issues" list. It's still in "under investigation" state sadly, which means, it will most probably still take quite some time until they consider issuing a fix.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

@grahamfischer - Your feedback has been noted and passed forward. However, as I mentioned previously, the developers are seeking to resolve the existing issue, as opposed to changing the requirements for the delivery. I'll keep you and everyone updated with the progress on this.

@RasmussonKcr - Hello! Inspired by your reply, I created a new video showing three locations where you can find small Pollock. The location mentioned by @WhoCares78 is included in it (thanks for the suggestion!) so you can refer to it if needed! I hope it helps!

@guest-9dkaJoe4 - If I could, I would provide ETAs for fixes and further information about any complications encountered during the developers' investigations. However, these details are not available with regard to this issue with the missing large flatfish/mackerel, and at present, the latest update we have is that the developers are working to resolve the issue in its current state. I wouldn't want to set any false expectations, so will only communicate news when it has been verified and confirmed. As such, we'll continue to update this thread with the latest news we have regarding the issue. 🙂

@grahamfischer & @WhoCares78 - I would strongly advise that you cease your ongoing discussion and return to discussing the issue this megathread is for, as you're straying increasingly off-topic and also closer to being offensive towards each other. There will be no additional warnings, so please heed this one. Thank you.

@mfscorp - Thank you for your report. The issue is recognised by the developers and is being worked on at the moment. I'll keep this thread updated with the latest updates. As an aside - please refrain from backseat moderating. If you have an issue with any posts or threads, please report them directly to us for us to evaluate and take action as necessary. Thank you. 🙂

@Lysvander - We communicate information from the developers with regard to issues such as this one at this time, as do members of the Community Team. Should the developers make a statement of their own, we will share this in the appropriate places / via the appropriate channels at the time. Thank you.

@catchyaup - As I've stated, the developers are working hard to correct this issue and we'll communicate further as soon as more information is available. Thank you.

@SteewyDub - Big Eel were also brought to the attention of the developers previously however it has since been thought that it is regular Eel required instead for the final delivery to obtain the Swordfish. When further details become available, I will share them here. Thank you.

@ANoDE85 - I'd just like to offer a small correction with regard to the Known Issues list. The "planned to be addressed with future updates" covers issues where a fix is confirmed and will be included in a future update, while the "under investigation" section includes formally recognised issues which a fix is still in the process of being identified for. The issue being in that latter section does not mean it will not be fixed, just that a fix is not yet confirmed / planned. Thanks. 🙂

Official Response
  • TheeElf
    178 posts
    I'd just like to offer a small correction with regard to the Known Issues list. The "planned to be addressed with future updates" covers issues where a fix is confirmed and will be included in a future update, while the "under investigation" section includes formally recognised issues which a fix is still in the process of being identified for. The issue being in that latter section does not mean it will not be fixed, just that a fix is not yet confirmed / planned. Thanks. 🙂

Which basically means that as it stands right now, Big Flatfish/Mackerel won't be fixed in the next update. 😞

• Finalflash07
    19 posts

Hi Guys,

Just want to inform you that the ubisoft design team has gone fishing in Norway this week. This way they will get some inspiration on how to implement/design these fish

• Tristangdragoon
    2 posts

Fishing still no BIG Eel, BIG Flatfish, or BIG Mackerel. Is this ever going to be fix sometime soon. It's been like this since LAUNCH on PlayStation platforms.

• Tristangdragoon
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer how do you show a pic of a fish that can not be found? Also no BIG EELs either. I'm sorry but this should be at the for front of being FIXED RIGHT AWAY, it's been like this since LAUNCH.

• isuwhat
    186 posts

@theeelf that's how i read it too. At least we know it won't be fixed in the next update, which is far from ideal but id rather know now than presume it would be fixed on the next update and then get annoyed all over again when it isn't!

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@ubi-woofer this is blantant disrespect to your player base at this point. you are not capable of fixing the fish in this way in a timely manner. please actually listen to the people funding you for a living. im not spending another cent on ubisoft in my life. the amount of times youve spit on us and told us that your way is "superior". nobody actually cares about your way you egotistic [censored]. give us the swordfish before the first dlc or im gonna lose it on ubi dude

your consumers have lost all faith in you. a triple A game studio cant program 2 kinds of fish in 4 months. must be like the devs at CDPR who took 7 years to figure out how to make p's and v's for cyberpunk, and that was the high point of their game. dont forget that they just got hit with a class action fraud lawsuit, youre not invincible 

• grahamfischer
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • boo-yah1907
    160 posts

OMG!!! How is this still a thing... Just put the damned fish in the see. Whats holding you back? The demand that you have created is still there, the texture for the two missing fish are in the game and yet(SINCE [censored] LAUNCH) the fish are unspottable and of course unobtainable. Every other fish in sizes that are 'required' can be found and even if troubled can be looked up how to find, yet you still try to teach manners when people loose it just to cover up your incompatence. I payed for it so shut the [censored] up and do it(not my initial way of thinking, came to this point through events caused by ubisoft). You dont need anymore reasons, time, info and etc. Stop putting out new gear sets(we have enough already -as the game was advertised, every gear can be taken to the end of the game- so why even creating any helix items), dlc's or "hotfixes" that are waaaayyyy bigger in size then just two specific sized fish(dont tell me that it is technically harder than it actually is) and make the fish appear in the game.

• BIGtflatfish
    7 posts

people may be abit dramatic over somthing that really doesn't matter but lets hope the next big update finds a way to fix the fish-sue, honestly ifs its taking this long its not just a simple add in fish there's probably some kind of coding conflict they're trying to fix. anyway thanks ubi-woofer patiently waiting for my big ol flatfish, to be fair tho i don't think big maceral even exist is real life, just saying

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics