Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • grahamfischer
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2091 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    149 posts

OMG!!! How is this still a thing... Just put the damned fish in the see. Whats holding you back? The demand that you have created is still there, the texture for the two missing fish are in the game and yet(SINCE [censored] LAUNCH) the fish are unspottable and of course unobtainable. Every other fish in sizes that are 'required' can be found and even if troubled can be looked up how to find, yet you still try to teach manners when people loose it just to cover up your incompatence. I payed for it so shut the [censored] up and do it(not my initial way of thinking, came to this point through events caused by ubisoft). You dont need anymore reasons, time, info and etc. Stop putting out new gear sets(we have enough already -as the game was advertised, every gear can be taken to the end of the game- so why even creating any helix items), dlc's or "hotfixes" that are waaaayyyy bigger in size then just two specific sized fish(dont tell me that it is technically harder than it actually is) and make the fish appear in the game.

• BIGtflatfish
    7 posts

people may be abit dramatic over somthing that really doesn't matter but lets hope the next big update finds a way to fix the fish-sue, honestly ifs its taking this long its not just a simple add in fish there's probably some kind of coding conflict they're trying to fix. anyway thanks ubi-woofer patiently waiting for my big ol flatfish, to be fair tho i don't think big maceral even exist is real life, just saying

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@TheeElf - We have no confirmation of when it will be fixed as yet - in the next update, or otherwise. Once we have this information, it will be shared.

@Finalflash07 - Please refrain from making troll posts in any thread. These won't be tolerated and repeat instances will result in sanctions. Please keep your posts constructive and on-topic if reporting an issue in a megathread such as this. Thank you. 🙂

@Tristangdragoon - Per more recent posts, we no longer require additional resources showing that the fish are missing as this has been verifed on the development side and they are working to fix the issue. Please rest assured that we will update this thread with news as soon as we receive any.

@grahamfischer - I am doing all I can in my role as a support agent to pass information to and from the developers. I'm waiting for a fix for this issue myself, so that I can acquire the Swordfish, and fully understand your frustrations. However, I do have to ask you abide by our forum rules when expressing these. I've manually censored the words you used to bypass our language filter - please don't do this in the future. I have also sent you a private message which I would encourage you to read before posting in this thread again.

@boo-yah1907 - This is a warning to be respectful and polite when posting here on the forums. I'm doing everything I can to assist, but need to wait for additional information about this issue before I can say anything else. I will let you know as soon as I have an update. In the meantime, when posting, please adhere to our forum rules or sanctions will be applied as necessary.

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    149 posts

@ubi-woofer Since you satisfied yourself now be a grown up and let it be known and given priority to whomever is responsible. Otherwise how can you expect to build up loyalty, while you "cant" even fix the smallest problem SINCE LAUNCH... 😘

• BIGtflatfish
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Mordule
    35 posts

Big eels are not bugged.

• xrayspex_73
    137 posts

Despite this taking a long time to resolve... I have to hand it to Ubisoft moderation staff. I don't know of many AAA devs that are as responsive on official forums.

So... thanks for the constant updates Ubi... even if we are a bit impatient.

• grahamfischer
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • NeOVoltron
    95 posts

@anode85 I suppose they could just add the fish to a merchant's inventory but an alternative workaround doesn't fix the real issue because for a new player - they will expect to be able to catch every fish via normal means. I don't think it's "pride" to want to fix the real problem, they're just thinking long-term.

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@ubi-woofer can we get in contact with the dev team that is actually working on this issue, or is there none? because from what it seems like, no one cares about this issue and is actively working on it. we need something other than you know and you'll get us more info "eventually". show us you care and are trying

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@xrayspex_73 - Thank you for your kind words. We are trying to update you as frequently as we can regarding the investigation into the missing large mackerel and flatfish. Please be assured that once we have any new updates to share, they will be posted within this thread.

@grahamfischer - Please note that the development team do not post in the forums. They are actively investigating this issue further, and the player support team, such as myself and @Ubi-Woofer, are regularly passing along your reports, feedback and suggestions to them as part of the investigation. We are unable to share unconfirmed details from the investigations, such as details regarding fixes or providing ETAs when there are none confirmed. As soon as we are provided with new information from the investigation, we aim to update you all with this as soon as possible.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • isuwhat
    183 posts

@ubi-borealis @Ubi-Woofer so just to clarify, this bug won't be fixed in next weeks update?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @guest-9dkaJoe4!

Currently, we are unable to confirm when this issue will be resolved, or which update this will be included in. We are also unable to provide a definite date for this. Once we have more information regarding an ETA for a fix from the development team, it will be shared within the forums.

I would recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forums for any new patch note releases, as these will have more information on what will be addressed within the update being deployed.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • isuwhat
    183 posts

@ubi-borealis hi, the reason i asked is as i previously said to woofer, if you can help players with our expectations on fixes to bugs it does help. It was clarified the known issue log had been updated/amended to show what will hopefully be fixed in the next update and what was still under investigation.

because the fish bug is showing as under investigation that suggests it won't be fixed in the next update. Im not asking for dates of when it will be fixed, just to confirm it won't be fixed in next weeks update. Because otherwise people might presume, oh here comes an update, the fish bug will be fixed but if we're already aware it won't be, that helps with the managing of expectations. Thanks

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4 theyre trying to tell you they arent working on it at all, and it doesnt seem like they have any intention to do so. there isnt a team currently working on this or looking at it. thats why we havent got any info since launch. why does this topic cause them so much spite? why cant we just fix the fish please?

• DYNAMIC_LION
    3 posts

Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel are not spawning in there usual spots. If this bug has been fixed please tell me because I can't find them at all.
    Thanx

• RCDeschene
    7 posts

Yep, it's still bugged. 😕

• isuwhat
    183 posts

@grahamfischer looking at the known issues, there's a lot of bugs to fix for sure. I'd expect this one is low down the list, annoying as that is, its also being realistic unfortunately

• dorinash1
    54 posts

@ubi-borealis the large eel is also missing.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics