Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BIGtflatfish
    7 posts

@theeelf oh yeaa i know what ya mean lol i was just adding in a lil more sarcasm to it lol, on the other hand it would explain why they are so set on making a fix instead of a easier work around to get them from a merchant. but eh all i can do is wait here patiently with my fishing rod erm rope in my hand.. ireland will give some more good hours of sandboxing to kill time till they fix this id say.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Ikesteos
    1 posts

Maybe big flatfish will be available in Ireland and big mackerel will be available in France?

• xrayspex_73
    144 posts
    but hey least there’s more cats. That makes up for the total loss of time wasted trying to find invisible fish.

Maybe the cats eat only big flatfish and big mackerel and that's why there are none to be found in the world and the cat population is booming...

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@ikesteos If they are in Ireland and in France to catch it would have been simple to explain it to the people who searched the whole map for those damn fish!
    No.... they tell us nothing, explain nothing, give nothing.

• braudrist
    21 posts

How [censored] hard is it to add fishes in to this game? I mean jesus

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

Ok just went through the notes for 1.2.0, fish still are missing, "MORE CATS" and "NO FOX IN LUNDEN", but still no fish or an update. why,Why, WHY, HOW (rhetorical)!!!!!!!!

• speedingpullet
    8 posts

@thatemmacotton My thoughts exactly.

I put this game down last year when the Yule DLC totally b0rked my game - and it was known then that neither Big Mackerel or Big Flatfish existed. In fact, I commented on it in another thread sometime in December.

So I'm gobsmacked that they A) Haven't fixed it or B) Offered players an alternative fish to get, to be able to actually finish the game...

Yanno, just like they managed to do by changing Wolf Fang to Arctic Fox Fur in hunting several patches ago, so that we didn't get hung up on one ingredient and not be able to finish the quests.

But, sure - as much as I like cats IRL - I'd rather they fixed the freaking fish. Or changed out the fish in the two lists that require Big Mackerel and Flatfish

• Kara-D-Tara
    5 posts

@klamore83 NO NO NO this is ridiculous

• JamesLogan491
    91 posts

@ikesteos If that were the case, completing a base game challenge would require you to own both DLCs. Not saying those fishes won't be available on the DLCs locations but they also have to be available on the maps in the base game.

• JDL2025
    18 posts

@vanadiumcobalt With the introduction of more cats, if I kill one in a river does it count as a new type e.g. cat fish😿 🐟 😆
    😆

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@jdl2025 Lol!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As mentioned already, the missing big fish will not be addressed in TU 1.2.0. This is because the development team is still investigating the issue further. I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused, but would like to reassure you all that they are aware and actively looking into this, Once we have any new updates to share with you all from the investigation, they will be shared within this thread.

@VanadiumCobalt - Thanks for sharing that thread. Please note the player support agents, like myself and @Ubi-Woofer, don't post within the General Discussions forum. This is where you're able to find the community team. We would be unable to speculate on the Odin runes that can be found in-game.

We've seen the dedication and effort made within that thread, though, and would like to say it's awesome to see the community come together!

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@ubi-borealis

Cheers 🙂

undefined

Thank you @Ubi-Borealis
    You and @Ubi-Woofer are each time welcome in our Odin´s rune MEGATHREAD 🙂

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@ubi-borealis @Ubi-Woofer hi, thanks for commenting on the Odin Runes. With stuff like the runes and Skadi Blade how do we go about raising these as potential bugs, if they are in fact bugged?

Reason i ask is no one knew about Ragnor's pit being bugged at Ubisoft until it was raised and seen with Darby on twitter. People are curious whether the Odin Rune and Skadi Blade are also bugged/glitched? thanks

• Ubi-Borealis

Hey there @guest-9dkaJoe4!

As mentioned, we are unable to speculate about this.

I would also like to take a moment to remind you all that the topic of this thread is about the missing big fish in-game, so I would recommend that posts remain on topic (keeping to the forum rules).

I'd recommend keeping the discussion to the megathread you guys have created so far. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • isuwhat
    190 posts

@ubi-borealis hi, thanks. yeah i know this is about the missing fish but where can i raise potential issues that we are not sure if they are bugged or not? i'm newish to the forum and how they work and im not sure the correct way to raise issues? thanks

• Ubi-Borealis

The best way to report an issue or to ask a question is to create a thread about it, @guest-9dkaJoe4! You can do so by clicking "New Topic" in the right-hand corner of the player support front page.

When opening a new thread, we'd recommend making a clear title, and including any additional images/videos you may find useful.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • FlavioSSA
    11 posts

Still no big flatfish/mackerel after the update. Thanks Ubisoft!

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

• guest-EGckpImr
    2 posts

Just for clarification, how many updates have there now been where this HASN'T been resolved?
    I have nothing left to do in this game as the 'replayabilty' of the river raids is non existent, the Reda missions are rinse and repeat and they aren't worth it anyway! I've over 1000 opals!
    But you still can't add 2 fish and allow us to complete UBISOFT'S OWN CHALLENGES!!!!
    Surely that is a cause of major embarrassment for the company? Knocking on now for 4 months after release, if I was that incompetent in my job, I wouldnt have 1!!!
    If it isn't fixed by the season pass content, I won't be playing and I'll be asking for a refund on my ultimate edition.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics