Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@luilekwer If you cant even remember where the hut was, how could you try to reproduce findng two big flatfish in the first place? Its a known issue since launch and is on the list. You are saying that they exist while the devs acknowledged that they dont...

• KamikazeSG12
    45 posts

Valhalla Players: "We can't find Big Flatfish or Mackerel.. Please fix it."
    Ubisoft: "We are investigating and will fix as soon as we can."
    --Four Months later--
    Valhalla Players: "Well, is the Big Flatfish/Mackerel issue going to get fixed soon?"
    Ubisoft: "Look... More cats!"

Valhalla Players: "Uh.... thanks?"

• Face2Crepe
    6 posts
    You can have a look on how a Flatfish is behaving when fishing it.

Small, regular or big ones looks like the same when they approach you or are about to catch your bait. Before that, they behave normally with their original form.
    Of course, it is strictly impossible to catch it while in this state if a regular or big one (can't be sure of its size like this..).
    In the other hand, even if the small ones are also in this state, you can still catch them.

I noticed the Halibut specie is in the exact same physical state for all its sizes.

I'm on Xbox Series X, btw.

Here is an other video highlighting the issue with the Halibut as for example. (Keep in mind that it is exactly the same situation with the Flatfish.)

The first catch is a regular Halibut keeping its natural form but sideways until it's about to catch the bait and take instantly this weird difformed shape levitating on the water.

The second one is the big Halibut. The big one is, everytime I saw it, already in this weird shape before attempting anything.

I manage to kill one with the bow for the last video using photo mode.
    I had to aim the weird deformed shape levitating outside the water in order to kill it.
    And even dead, its state doesn't change and stay exactly where it was killed. In the air.

• Keep.
    6 posts

I would really like to feed the new Cats big mackerel and big flatfish!

• FERG1966
    17 posts

@xrayspex_73

Yep, That happened to me 4 times yesterday too (bluescreened) but today - all ok

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Woofer i'm guessing there has been discussion in-house about fishing in future games but can you please feedback to please never put fishing into any future AC games again, thank you 🙂

• FERG1966
    17 posts

@spirantcrayon22

I dont think theres a use for Big eel. Pretty sure the fishing hut only requires small & regular sizes anyway. So why woud there be a big eel if not needed?

• FERG1966
    17 posts

@spirantcrayon22

The little kid in your camp who runs the fishing hut doesnt ask you to catch a BIG eel so thats why there isnt one. Not part of his catch requests.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@ferg1966 once we can eventually complete the 2 remaining deliveries you get 1 extra one to claim the swordfish and within that is a big eel

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@isuwhat

Was actually someone able to complete those? I searched for hours for those two fishtypes but the last patch made it even harder because now i cant hunt fish with a bow. I need to do it like intended which takes too long to search for 2 specific types.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@yesin069 yes some PC players where able to manipulate a glitch (think its now been patched) to add the big fishes needed to complete the challenge and then they got the last challenge. Screenshots where added in this thread quite some time ago of the last one

• JCar4327
    626 posts

@isuwhat So, there has been several inconsistent posts regarding the size of the eel that is needed for the last delivery. At this point the consensus is that it is regular eel and not big eel. This was apparently determined based on the picture in the screen shots that have been posted.

• AccountDelete83
    6 posts

@richtofenleo
    The eggs haven't hatched yet.
    You have to wait until Ubisoft hatches them. 😞

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@yesin069 only with inventory mod there are some who were able to complete those

• Face2Crepe
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Tenebrous.Sage
    2 posts

When I go fishing the fish aren't added to my inventory after catching them. The animation completes, the fish gets pulled out of the water, but I don't get the added to inventory pop up, nor does it appear in my inventory. I've also tried killing fish with a bow, and it's the same thing. I can go to the corpse and interact with it, but nothing gets added to my inventory.

• kvasiir
    1 posts

I did some grinding today and got all the fish except for 2x big mackerel and 2x big flatfish. From what I've read around the internet, those seem to be simply not available, which matches what I read in the "known issues" thread:

• Some fish are not available in the world  

Sure would be great to have an idea of when this might get fixed - it definitely doesn't seem like rocket science. FWIW, I'm playing on PS5, so that means no PC-style workaround are available, either. Help!

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@kvasiir this is going on since launch but more cats is what we need

• Brianjlee66
    13 posts

for those of you interested, I have hooked a large flat fish a couple of times intros general area. I have never managed to land one however as the second picture shows what happens. lots having the same issues with them just flying around. I kept one on for over 20 minutes on one occasion to see what happened but still never got to land it.
    on another issue, I have now avenged the deaths of five players but am not getting any joy with that anymore. I have had one death to avenge at these ruins shown here and 4 near the ruined tower. anyone know of any other locations.
    undefined
    undefined

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@brianjlee66 do you have a video of catching the flatfish

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics