Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Brianjlee66
    13 posts

@boo-yah1907 I have never managed to catch it, just does that turning into a duck shape and floats about

• SpirantCrayon22
    446 posts

@brianjlee66

It's hard to tell if that really is a large one, I might go and spend a bit of time looking, though.

Regarding the avenge quests, they seem to appear in "locations with baddies" after you've once "done" the location once then go back. So forts, camps, towns, anywhere with a concentration of enemies. Possibly the simplest is Scotthoh Farm in East Anglia, there's been a fair amount of discussion on that specific place on reddit or here. I get them in most locations in Hamtunscire. You might have to wait some minutes (can be a while). Hope that helps!

• madskater87
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • madskater87
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • wasmith23
    3 posts

Has this been fixed yet? I just want the swordfish man...jeez

• MakeMake94
    2 posts

@brianjlee66 why do you try to catch it? you can use your bow...

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@wasmith23 nope not yet! Its still under investigation, not yet moved onto the 'we have identified the issue and have a fix lined up' list. Gonna be a good while i reckon.

on the known issues log there are 2 lists. 1 for bug fixes upcoming and 1 for still under investigation, where this is

• Face2Crepe
    6 posts

@brianjlee66 What was on your fishing line is a big Halibut. The big Flatfish doesn't exist.
    Yes, the Halibut is having the same issue as the Flatfish, being difformed and swimming sideway in his case..
    I was in the exact same situation as you, fishing from the rowboat at that location and never caught it. Came back later, saw it again, killed it with my bow, and it was a big Halibut.
    Anyway, as long as you have a big version of a fish on your fishing line, wherever you are on your rowboat, you can be sure that you won't ever catch it. I tested that multiple times.

• AccountDelete83
    6 posts

undefined
    Halibut Fish in flight.

• xrayspex_73
    144 posts

@brianjlee66 That is most likely just a regular flatfish. I have had so many moments where I thought I hooked a big one, only for it to be a regular.

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Kil_jaeden87
    5 posts

isn't fixed yet?

• Kil_jaeden87
    5 posts

@brianjlee66 Where do you find it?

• TheeElf
    262 posts

@makemake94 Because I have a theory that the big flatfish don't spawn unless you have your rod out. That's the reason that bow hunters aren't seeing anything other than small/regular but if you notice the rodders are the ones that seem to be catching an uncatchable fish that never triggers the catch action. I can rod and catch small and regular all day but what would potentially be a large seems to glitch. I've been working a few things trying to see if there's a possible way to trigger one event and go to the other but no luck yet.

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@theeelf i only fished with rod, just tried a couple of times with bow and arrow, still can not even spot those two big fish.(mackerel and flat)

• guest-tDkW1Ym8
    3 posts

Also have this issue, hours and hours wasted

• Face2Crepe
    6 posts

Here is a quick clip showing the behavior of (mostly big) fishes when killed by a bow.

I made a playlist of all the quick clips I did showing the behavior when fishing or killing fish with the bow.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjgc3nL54dUBrkctOVEEJsErUcVzx3Hlf

With that, you should have enough materials to work on a fix now. We waited that issue to be fixed long enough.

• xrayspex_73
    144 posts

So you can't add the 2 missing fish, yet the patch breaks the existing fish... Now Big Halibut are flying about 3 feet above the water and are completely twisted and deformed. If you shoot them with a bow, they will proceed to bounce up and down incessantly forever like a basketball.

I hate to say it, but you are going the wrong way with these patches Ubi...

• jasonblaq
    1 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello all!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread with your experiences and feedback. We have been passing your comments along to the development team as they've been investigating this further. We don't yet have any new updates to share with you all regarding the missing big flatfish/mackerel.

The development team are also still looking into the "flying fish" issue that several of you have reported within this thread. I have passed along the images and videos you have shared as well so they can take a closer look at this.

Rest assured that once we have any new information to share with you all from the investigation, we will reach out within this thread and in the News & Announcements forums as soon as we are able to.

I would also like to remind you all that the Ubisoft agents you see posting within the forums are members of the player support team (like myself and @Ubi-Woofer) or the community management team. The development team do not post within the forums, and we are unable to speculate or make unconfirmed statements on their behalf. Should the development team share any additional information with us, we will communicate it as soon as possible.

Please can you also stay on topic within threads, as going off-topic is against the forum rules. If you have encountered a different issue, please check if there is an existing thread for this issue and share your report there. If you cannot find a similar thread, please feel welcome to create a new one.

@SpirantCrayon22 & @Yesin069 - Thank you for your suggestions regarding a title change. We have kept halibut/sturgeon in the title as some players have still had difficulty finding these fish. By being able to find this thread, they can reach out and find good spots to find these fish. We can confirm that the only fish that aren't currently available in the game are big flatfish/mackerel/eel.

@xrayspex_73 - The issue is still listed as "Under investigation" because the development team are still looking into a fix. Once a fix for this issue has been found, it will be moved to a different category.

@Face2Crepe - Thanks for taking the time to record all that footage for us, and to showcase the different issues you've encountered when fishing using a rod and a bow. I've passed these videos along to the development team.

Thanks all 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics