Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • xrayspex_73
    139 posts

So you can't add the 2 missing fish, yet the patch breaks the existing fish... Now Big Halibut are flying about 3 feet above the water and are completely twisted and deformed. If you shoot them with a bow, they will proceed to bounce up and down incessantly forever like a basketball.

I hate to say it, but you are going the wrong way with these patches Ubi...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2130 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • jasonblaq
    1 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2130 posts

Hello all!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread with your experiences and feedback. We have been passing your comments along to the development team as they've been investigating this further. We don't yet have any new updates to share with you all regarding the missing big flatfish/mackerel.

The development team are also still looking into the "flying fish" issue that several of you have reported within this thread. I have passed along the images and videos you have shared as well so they can take a closer look at this.

Rest assured that once we have any new information to share with you all from the investigation, we will reach out within this thread and in the News & Announcements forums as soon as we are able to.

I would also like to remind you all that the Ubisoft agents you see posting within the forums are members of the player support team (like myself and @Ubi-Woofer) or the community management team. The development team do not post within the forums, and we are unable to speculate or make unconfirmed statements on their behalf. Should the development team share any additional information with us, we will communicate it as soon as possible.

Please can you also stay on topic within threads, as going off-topic is against the forum rules. If you have encountered a different issue, please check if there is an existing thread for this issue and share your report there. If you cannot find a similar thread, please feel welcome to create a new one.

@SpirantCrayon22 & @Yesin069 - Thank you for your suggestions regarding a title change. We have kept halibut/sturgeon in the title as some players have still had difficulty finding these fish. By being able to find this thread, they can reach out and find good spots to find these fish. We can confirm that the only fish that aren't currently available in the game are big flatfish/mackerel/eel.

@xrayspex_73 - The issue is still listed as "Under investigation" because the development team are still looking into a fix. Once a fix for this issue has been found, it will be moved to a different category.

@Face2Crepe - Thanks for taking the time to record all that footage for us, and to showcase the different issues you've encountered when fishing using a rod and a bow. I've passed these videos along to the development team.

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    382 posts

@ubi-borealis Just want to say thank you to you and other Ubi-agents, who have been acting as the bridge between us and the development team. I cannot begin to imagine all that criticism you need to take for those team members and the QA staff members.

I believe a lot of our frustration results from the fact that, one, this issue has been reported for simply SO long almost since launch in November or December but is STILL not addressed after multiple patches; two, this issue does not appear to be that complicated to deal with but other less important tweaks were instead given higher priority; three, this issue is tied to base-game rewards and a Ubisoft Connect challenge.

So I would really appreciate it if you could somehow (just maybe) tell those Ubisoft staff members up there to please, please, please make the fish problem a higher priority. I really want to be patient, but patience will eventually run out.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thank you for the info!

Hopefully the team looks into this as soon as possible, because this issue hinders game completion and should have higher priority.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 376 posts

@r2013aaron Hey there! If you are missing a few fish, please know that our team is continuing to look into this issue further to provide a more permanent solution moving forward. However, if you are encountering any other issues with fishing at this time, please me posted.

Official Response
  • fo0fight3r
    22 posts
  • Amaralighthand
    2 posts

@kvasiir I have done the same. I really hope they get it fixed soon!

• Amaralighthand
    2 posts

@brianjlee66 Same here. I gave up on upgrading it or even using it I still need the fish too.

• VegasHeart
    35 posts
    @face2crepe Here is a quick clip showing the behavior of (mostly big) fishes when killed by a bow.

Confirmed.I personally clipped myself when fish jumping like crazy or dissappear.They have enough materials to work already,but still didnt finish they job.Hey devs i have one day fix for you:

• Add a quest to fisherman.Then u can come to him and hear somethink like this:

"Hi Eivor,i heard you looking for some fish,which is hard to find,go do this or bring me this and i give you that fish" 🙂 But hell no ubi wants you to keep grinding and stay in game for long,because they need to sell all that crap from Helix store.All the fishing and fisherman quest takes a lot time and they doing everything to make it longer.First they removed opportunity to hit the fish with a weapon,now it behaves strangely,run out like crazy even if you are on boat or just dissappear when killed by bow.Some type of fish present in very small quantities at some locations,so you have to go there over and over again(like doing altar mission or looking for some type of big fish)and thats another way to keep you busy.

• Dazzajaxx
    1 posts

On xbox 1 no big flat fish even after the update what is goin on I don't spend £70 on a game that I can't complete what's the point of selling us something that clearly isn't ready so many bugs I love the ac games it's simple u can't put them in so gift us 2 big flat fish and 2 big Mackrell please sort something out for your loyal gamers

• KamikazeSG12
    27 posts

It seems to me that since this is a 100% issue across all players and all platforms, it should have a much higher resolution priority than issues that only happen on one or two platforms and only effect some people even on those platforms.

• Ledemineur1
    2 posts

il me manque deux grandes Plies et deux grands Maquereaux ainsi que cinq petits esturgeons , je ne les trouve pas merci de m aider

• azullFR
    558 posts

@ledemineur1
    Bonjour ,
    Pour les Grandes Plies et les Grand Maqueraux : c'est buggé, ils ne sont pas dans le jeu, UBI travaille sur ce problème et sortira un patch dès que disponible (pas de date pour l'instant car non résolu..)

Pour les petits Esturgeons, c'est, bon on peux les pêcher : une persone du support Ubi, Ubi-woofer, a fait une vidéo qui montre bien où les pêcher dans le Cent à côté d'un pont (Rouecestre) :

Great Thanks to @Ubi-Woofer 👍 👍 👍

🙂

• EyBalls
    1 posts

@xrayspex_73 Mine go off screen completely.😁

• guest-EGckpImr
    2 posts

Are the fish in the game after the latest patch? Or are ubisoft still being incompetent?
    Can add countless extra cats, nobody asked for, yet still can't add 2 fish that are required to gain a weapon and complete ubisoft's own challenges??
    Like I've said previously if I couldn't fix a fault in my own product, after over a 1/3 of a year, I would no longer have a job.
    I paid premium price for an ultimate edition of a product. You expect me to want to engage with that DLC after all this?
    I'll be asking for a refund on the difference between the standard and normal edition of the game, as until this is fixed, I will not be playing this or any other ubisoft product.

• Tyson4Ever1
    1 posts

I've been looking for big mackerel and big Flatfish for the longest time now, in order to weild the swordfish, and totally complete the game. Why can't I do this yet?

• dorinash1
    54 posts

@guest-egckpimr 100% agree👍

• NeOVoltron
    96 posts

I must admit, I've been very patient about this bug but it's really starting to get to me that it's still "under investigation."

I'm annoyed because fishing was fine before but they RUINED fishing for the sake of stopping people from grinding silver (via spearfishing) because they SELL that virtual currency in the Helix Store; as IF silver had many uses to begin with and boy-oh-boy did they patch that quickly. Their initial intention was for fishing to be a fun/relaxing activity that you can do in your downtime, but after they pretty much revamped fish AI altogether, it's been a very stressful activity, completely the opposite of what it's supposed to actually be.

Fishing is just broken, let's be honest here...

• You hook one fish and the whole body of water surrounding you will literally be empty; yes they've made it so schools of fish will respawn faster after this happens but does that help? No.
    • Fish can spot you from 2 metres away, you get that close and it will dart off.
    • Flying fish!
    • Several missing fish!
    • Fish swimming under you!
    • Shooting a fish with your bow will cause the fish to drop into the void.
    • Mashing a button to reel in a hooked fish does almost nothing, it will just continue to pull-off to wherever TF it likes...

...and no one will ever be able to convince me that all of ⬆ that is supposed to constitute to a RELAXING(?) activity.

I am 100% certain that people are dying to do this activity ONLY to complete the damn challenge and get a unique weapon because I genuinely cannot fathom why anybody in their right mind would want to voluntarily go through this level of stress.

• isuwhat
    184 posts

@neovoltron true that! same with standing stones, neither any fun whatsoever

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics