Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• deadmansparty82
    1 posts

Hi guys. Since last update from festival and other stuff, some nasty bugs have pop out, in the seas specifically, some fish start floating out of the water with waves, halibut and flatfish come out of water and heat deformed, it's really annoying when you are fishing and also very ugly

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2207 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Spades1961
    35 posts

@logibear0111 Can't find Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel either.

• isuwhat
    185 posts

big flat fish and big mackerel and NOT in the game, they never have been and it looks like they won't be anytime soon.

• drewski989
    5 posts

@nuttlestuff Thanks! I will give it a try. I read that there were people dying on purpose at Scotthoh farm for this, sat there for a long time on several occassions, just to have a conversation with a bird and nothing more. I will give Norway a shot!

• isuwhat
    185 posts

@drewski989 also just to the north east of the farm there are some pigs that attack (near 2 trees). I got 3 or 4 revenge missions there. Wait on 1 of the branches and wait for your bird to land on you.

• RobGurd31
    2 posts

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/97028/ubisoft-connect-challenge-stinky-but-deadly

Looks like ubisoft are still scratching their heads and still clueless so instead of fixing or just changing requirements they are disabling stinky but deadly until the figure it out ... GREAT thinking after all this time

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@robgurd31

I dont know what this deactivation brings us or takes away from us...this is just a useless step in my opinion to tell us hey the wait will still be long friends.

A hotfix would have been the right move, not deactivating a challenge that can stay there with no problem. Just add those fish types to specific areas and this is it! What is so hard about this. Thy dont need to go out of their way and try to fix this stuff. Just make those two fish types new and from scratch and add them to some areas...this is it! OR give us a "Godly Gift" with these fishes to get the weapon, disable this challenge and forget about this fix alltogether. Justlet us buy this fish or get it after reaching some settlement point or giving the boy some specific amount of fish.

I really dont want to start searching the whole map for those specific two fish types after i finished the game and they fix this. It would have been no problem in my normal gaming flow when i first play trough this game. But going out searching for a specific type is just annoying when you seen all areas and completed everything there. I was able to get all needed fish without even searching for it.

• NeOVoltron
    96 posts

PSA: As of today, they have now REMOVED the "Wield the Swordfish" challenge from Ubisoft Connect instead of fixing the bug. Unbelievable... This doesn't solve the issue with the fact that nobody can finish the last two deliveries without the big flatfish/mackerel. Come on!

• TheeElf
    168 posts

@neovoltron They are fixing it. It specifically states "temporarily" deactivated and they'll let us know when they "challenge is live again".

• NeOVoltron
    96 posts

@theeelf Oh? Where did they say that?

• ImaginaryRuins
    382 posts

Since they say it is currently impossible to complete that Ubisoft Connect challenge, they are officially acknowledging that those big fish are impossible to obtain, which is good news at least because that means the issue will be resolved, one day.

Knowing this, I can "rest" now.

• TheeElf
    168 posts

@imaginaryruins I'd like to be hopeful that they are fixing it in the next monthly patch but it would seem silly to remove it for 14 days if they were adding it then. Fingers crossed but at least there's a little more acknowledgement on it.

• NeOVoltron
    96 posts

@elmadre1 Oh! Don't know why I didn't get a notification for that, I'm subscribed to News & Announcements. Thanks!

• isuwhat
    185 posts

@theeelf there are 2 sections, the top one seems to be the bugs and issues that are due to be fixed in the next update and then below is the 'under investigation' which will be fixed (or not) later. This bug has always sat in the under investigation. Sadly i cant see it happening anytime soon

• SpirantCrayon22
    256 posts

@isuwhat

There's something about this that has a feeling of "not going to be fixed", I agree. To be fair, it's minor, but the overall situation is puzzling whether or not it does get fixed.

There are clear ways of simply making the problem go away for everyone. They can add in stuff at will. Add in a couple of chests containing fish. Add a fishing quest with a fish reward. Change the requirements for the fish deliveries, surely that's a search-and-replace-text operation. This sort of thing has been mentioned multiple times - but no.

They choose to remove the reward available for completing the quests but not the quests. What does that actually achieve?

Fundamentals, like when free-running goes wrong, I can see as being difficult to fix for all situations. Just that little bit of rock sticking out too far means in one place Eivor jumps right rather than the obvious way forward, but it's rare now. That's not what we're dealing with here unless the game has been written in a really bizarre way where something huge runs right through the middle of the tiny bit of the game where fish-related stuff lives.

Ubisoft's response to this problem, though it doesn't warrant the barrage of negative posts sent at them, is odd.

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

@TheeElf
    @spirantcrayon22

There are just far to many more serious bugs in this game. Like unable to progress in the story, crashes, screen tearing, save game fails, etc, etc, etc... If Ubisoft puts this on hold because they want to focus on solving those bugs first, we are we to disagree?

What I find the biggest problem is, that it is going all very slow and there is almost no communication at all. I think a company like CD project Red is doing this a lot better. At this moment there a not very game breaking bugs in Cyberpunk, while there still are a lot in Valhalla. And we never had the change to get our money back. Ubisoft does the opposite, they only seem to focus on selling us more useless overpriced armours and cosmetics for a bug filled game.

• isuwhat
    185 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Woofer now the Ubisoft challenge in relation to this has been removed, can you please provide an update on the Fishing Hut deliveries for these fish?

are these going to be removed/amended so we can now complete them? thanks

• drewski989
    5 posts

@isuwhat Last night I ended up getting 3 avenge missions! 2 in England and 1 in Norway. 160+ hours and not a single one, but 3 in a single evening. I see how they spawn now. I cleared 2 random bandit places and the avenge popped, all I had to do was confirm kills. Wish it popped then I could track them down, but I am OK with this, seeing as it is now my only missing challenge, since they removed the Stinky but Deadly one yesterday or so.

• snuttanuttan33
    4 posts

In Assassin's Creed (the first game with Altair) they scrapped the idea of having a crossbow because it wasn't historically accurate but wielding a swordfish in Viking era is? And riding on wolves and horses with wings? A raven that has the colors of the rainbow or looks like a dragon? Jeez Ubisoft.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics