Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kat3ina
    2 posts

After the latest update there’s still no big flatfish, or flatfish whatsoever since it became origami.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • NuttleStuFF
    4 posts

@drewski989 I have found that you can get the avenge player missions in Norway. Ever since I traveled to Norway to get the fish I need to complete the fishing objectives. Anytime I go to a base, I am getting the avenge missions. It's worth a shot. I wasn't getting them in England.

• NuttleStuFF
    4 posts

@ubi-smash I just want to add my name to the list that can't find big flat fish, nor big Mackerel. I am also having the periodic vanishing of all fish. It is rare now for the vanishing fish bug to happen, but when you guys put the first event in, I can't remember the name of it, but it was the same as the current Ostra event. That is when the vanishing fish started happening to me, and it was terrible there for a while. As for the spawn of big flatfish, eel (if there is a big eel), big bream (haven't looked hard for this one yet, but I haven't seen one anywhere), and big mackerel, they don't seem to exist in the Valhalla universe. As a side note, I've looked for the big mackerel for a few nights now; I have found every other big fish here except for this one. Now to find where I can gripe about not having the ability to change bows without going to the inventory screen. Lol. The ability to change from the hunter bow to the predator bow on the fly, I need this back.

• g222212
    6 posts

@brianjlee66 I am unable to catch them at all since they glitch and float over the water, maintaining the same strange shape as in your picture.undefined

• Mordule
    35 posts

@tinyissscute92 Where did you find big mackerel? Care to share?

• ElMadre1
    81 posts

@mordule He/she didn't.

• Khaos004
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • KamikazeSG12
    30 posts

So, they were able to correct the crashing caused by the Ostara Festival in ONE WEEK, but the still haven't fixed the missing fish after almost 5 months,,,?

I'd say they aren't trying.

• braudrist
    21 posts

About 4,000 people report that few fish are missing for about 4 months. Ubisoft: 'hmmm...let's investigate. Investigate what? It would take a dev / QA tester few minutes to see that the fish are missing.

• Figurellllo
    7 posts

1.2.0.1, march 2021, and I still can't find Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel. I've done everything in the game, all hunting deliverys... I have also pick all of the small golden dots in all the maps... But I can't finish the Fishing Delivery cause the devs don't even try to fix these two fishs spawn... Frustrating... A lot!

• KamikazeSG12
    30 posts

@figurellllo update 1.2.0.1 was pretty much just to fix the crashing issues related to the Ostara Festival. Which, by the way, they completed in A WEEK!!!!!!

• Khaos004
    27 posts

So Ubisoft has removed two challenges from Division 2 that are obtainable, but won't remove this one?! Unbelievable. Who in the hell actually wants the Swordfish as a weapon? I want to complete the challenges. Please fix the Stinky but Deadly challenge, or nix it. This is ridiculous.Oh, and a reminder: anyone with this challenge completed is a cheater.

• ChronicallyB
    2 posts

@kamikazesg12 EXACTLY! If I was this bad at my job, I'd be fired.

• wasmith23
    3 posts

Any update on this ?

• deadmansparty82
    1 posts

Hi guys. Since last update from festival and other stuff, some nasty bugs have pop out, in the seas specifically, some fish start floating out of the water with waves, halibut and flatfish come out of water and heat deformed, it's really annoying when you are fishing and also very ugly

• Spades1961
    35 posts

@logibear0111 Can't find Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel either.

• isuwhat
    186 posts

big flat fish and big mackerel and NOT in the game, they never have been and it looks like they won't be anytime soon.

• drewski989
    5 posts

@nuttlestuff Thanks! I will give it a try. I read that there were people dying on purpose at Scotthoh farm for this, sat there for a long time on several occassions, just to have a conversation with a bird and nothing more. I will give Norway a shot!

• isuwhat
    186 posts

@drewski989 also just to the north east of the farm there are some pigs that attack (near 2 trees). I got 3 or 4 revenge missions there. Wait on 1 of the branches and wait for your bird to land on you.

• RobGurd31
    2 posts

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/97028/ubisoft-connect-challenge-stinky-but-deadly

Looks like ubisoft are still scratching their heads and still clueless so instead of fixing or just changing requirements they are disabling stinky but deadly until the figure it out ... GREAT thinking after all this time

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics