Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• andrew187
    2 posts

@jcar4327 interesting. I’d noticed a correlation between choppy seas and disappearing fish, but from a personal standpoint, I’d say they’ve made it worse. I’d found a reliable & repeatable Big Cod spawn at Pt Walton, but after 1.1, it’s broken. I can get them to spawn after multiple reloads, but they disappear as soon as the line hits the water, or just as they get hooked. How hard can it be?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2235 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes in regards to fishing in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fixes for the following issue:

• Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish from a small boat. 
    • Addressed various issues with Ubisoft Core Challenges unlocking (Stinky but Deadly)

If you are still encountering trouble with either of these issues following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue you're still encountering in-game (such as Stinky but Deadly remaining locked despite meeting the requirements).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide you all with an update regarding the missing fish. Following TU 1.2.1, big flatfish / mackerel and small halibut / sturgeon were added to selected locations in-game. We have not yet had any new information about these fish being added into additional locations in TU 1.2.2. As the development team mentioned they intended to release a full fix for this issue in June in their Dev Blog, I have reached out to them for an update. As soon as we have any new information to share you about these missing fish, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

EDIT 15 June 2021, 15:10 UTC: The development team have reached out with an update about the repopulation of the missing fish. They should now be more widely available throughout the world for you to catch! 🎣

If you are still unable to find big flatfish/mackerel or small halibut/sturgeon whilst fishing in the world, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • JCar4327
    606 posts

@andrew187 I've been able to get them to spawn for two to five minutes without them disappearing. Has allowed me to catch maybe five six fish at a time. But the water has to be pretty calm. There seems to be certain times of the day that are better than others, and night fishing on the oceans is probably the worst because the water always seems to be roughest at night.

The other issue I've noticed is that once you hook one a lot of the other fish in the area run away. They also seem to be much more aware of me while on a boat and run away more than they used to.

• Tustanuxo
    10 posts

Bump for adding it to the megathread.
    Also Big Eel should be added but I can't edit my post anymore. (A realy weird feature, just show an edit history per post)

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

Update. Nothing in Norway so it's still bugged I guess.

• tommyrocket55
    1 posts

Just want to say thanks to the Ubisoft tech team for fixing the Fishing, one of the fun activities in the game. But when it was broken it took all the fun out of it... But I still can't find a Big Machkerel to save my life... anyone got any clues on where they are, if they are!
    Cheers

• illMac99
    43 posts

I have put nearly 70 hours into nothing but finding all the fish in the game but Flatfish (Big) and Mackerel (Big) do not spawn anywhere.

• Assassinofcake
    43 posts

Why cant i still find the big fishes i need and why do all fish despawn, with the slightiest wave movements.
    In storms it makes cense for them not spawning, but some small waves should not make inpact.
    You Said it sould be fixed in 1.4 but se still have the problem

• guest-9SAtmqeR
    1 posts

@boo-yah1907 they are fish... they spook and swim away

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Yeah, I gave up.

• illMac99
    43 posts

@kieron-stokes I've spent about 70 hours on fishing and I can confidently say Big Mackerel and Flatfish don't exist in the game. It's been nearly 2 months since release, how is this even possible??

• ImaginaryRuins
    385 posts

Big Eel, big flat fish, and big mackerel are currently very likely bugged. They have never appeared in my game. This issue also been reported for a long time by multiple players and the result? Not patched after all this time.

• TheeElf
    168 posts

@imaginaryruins Very frustrating since it prevents you from completing the Fishing Hut delivery missions and therefore prevents you from getting the Swordfish melee weapon and completing the Ubisoft mission for wielding it.

• demolitiongirl7
    3 posts

Is there any large mackeral, haki or flatfish to be found anywhere? Also, why do fish keep disappearing with a wave or after catching one fish?

• guest-Fu262sCF
    1 posts

can’t find them , I’m getting frustrated,
    a lot of hours wasted

Any updates on when it will be fixed ?

• Tustanuxo
    10 posts

Bump. It strange that the bug is know for a time now and still not on the megathread as being investigated.

• JMetch
    59 posts

@guest-fu262scf Never be fixed, you will have to buy them in-store for 9.99 per fish. The company needs money.

• TheeElf
    168 posts

@jmetch It needs to be fixed considering it's part of an in-game deliverable mission at the fishing hut, the only way to obtain a specific melee weapon, and to complete one of the Ubisoft challenges for wielding it. It still kills me that it hasn't even been acknowledged on the list of known bugs/issues.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@jcar4327 Still looking, where did you find small Sturgeon?

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@vanadiumcobalt In the Medeuuage River that runs through Cent. Near the mouth of the river.

• AlphaGoose46219
    155 posts

Find some around isle of Wiht, later mby more in Ireland and France.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics