Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• usrnmz56789
    4 posts

yes I've seen every fish accept Big Mackerel, Big Flat fish, and Big Cod, I've spent 9 hrs me and 13 other people and we've gone over every place on this map and still nothing. We've found 7 areas where the flat fish spawn but only small to regular and I can't seem to find Big Cod anywhere. It would be nice for them to change one area where these fish are regular or small and just change them to big. I recommend to change the area in the isle of whit to the spawn of Big flat fish and the northeastern opening of Eurvicscire to big Cod. I don't know why they have fresh water fish spawning in saltwater and saltwater fish spawing in freshwater but come on now this is getting ridiculous.

• usrnmz56789
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@jcar4327 they just answered. they say that they highly recommend checking other areas for fishing...

• JCar4327
    612 posts

@boo-yah1907 So they basically just ignored the issue.

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@jcar4327 they at least answered but yep

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

I'm over 200 hours in, spent wasted hours trying to find the 2, and nothing. I collect most gold dot generic loots on map, but around 200hr mark found 3 small gold dot/generic chests in a home in somewhere like eastern leicestershire. Upon looting them, each one had a Big Cod in it! Every other chest like this I've looted, had supplies and iron, or whatever. I did find ONE big Cod from fishing, but only one. So now have 4 of these.

Is it possible the Big Mackerel and Big Flat Fish are in a generic chest too?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@bushwickedly I have found 4 big Cod in chests and also cathing them. The big Flatty and Mackerel must be invisible? But, what about the big Eel?

• JCar4327
    612 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Yeah, I found those big Cod too. Not sure why they were in chests. I have wasted probably 20+ hours hunting for big mackerel in Norway and can't find them anywhere.

• TigerKnight1
    3 posts

There are no fish in the ocean no more trying to find big mackerel and big flat fish but there is none not big not small not medium fish at all in the ocean and there are no locations for a big flat fish or big mackerel in in Norway and there's no absolutely no big flat fish in England if you go to the ocean there's no fish can't finish deliveries at all and there's multiple other people all over the internet having the same problem you would think this would be fixed by now since it's been out for a while other than calls in more damage with the update 104 which all it did was cause more trouble I didn't fix nothing please fix really getting ticked off not being finish the big finish quest or find fish and I'm also having problems with items I'm gathered and they're still showing up in screen and some other items I can't pick up at all The little opals I cannot pick up sometimes no matter which way I go or what I do I cannot pick some up you think it has been so long on a game you have the bugs worked out it before you gave it out but apparently not please fix soon tired of waiting for the goddang game to be fixed I'm really really frustrated with it

• DaChronical
    2 posts

Fish spawning issues, flat fish mackerel, bream, sturgeon, all fail to spawn.
    fishmonger drengr defeated but just kneels, legendary animal trophies fail to show in the longhouse!

• OlmerGrey
    56 posts

@logibear0111
    Well, Ubisoft said they sort of fixed it in a patch 1.0.4... so that's probably not on "ASAP" list of problems anymore.
    But, since it's actually isn't fixed yet, they probably will return to this problem sometime next year.
    On PC people can get those fishes by cheats... on the consoles there is nothing to do but wait.

• OlmerGrey
    56 posts

@logibear0111
    Sorry dude, i'm afraid single hand Swords does not exist just like Santa... there is no hope.

• Logibear0111
    Original poster 21 posts

@olmergrey
    yeah i thought as much thanks

• Logibear0111
    Original poster 21 posts

@olmergrey i assume this was to someone else haha also how dare you santa is real lol

• AC-Talentless
    3 posts

@logibear0111 disappointed big mackerel and big flatfish weren't fixed/added in the title update set for tomorrow. Also unclear why 100% completion with the main game only shows as 94.49%.

• JCar4327
    612 posts

@logibear0111 They stated in the upcoming update that they fixed an issue with sea foam, I am assuming and hoping that this was to fix the issue with fish spawns. If it was then the Big mackerel and big flatfish should become findable. Hopefully.

• DaChronical
    2 posts

Large fish*. @dachronical

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@jcar4327 What about the big Eel?

• Tustanuxo
    10 posts

Hello Ubisoft,

Since it it not in the reported issue megathread, there are two seperate bugs that prevent finishing the fishing deliveries and completing the challenge "Stinking but deadly".
    I wanted to post this previous week but waited until after update 1.1 and tested it again.

• Issue 1: Coastal fish don't spawn. When they spawn sporadically fish dissapear after a few seconds.
    • Issue 2: Either because of issue 1 or because of another reason. The big Flatfish and big Mackerel are not able to be obtained.

Background context: I am playing on the PC version but I know from many comments that the consoles also have these issues.

*I know ubisoft has replied in other threads that they will pass it on to the dev team, but please add these issues to the megathread. That way you don't get new posts about the same isssue and it does get tracked more by people (also internally at Ubisoft).

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

@tustanuxo Big Eel has also been reported to be probably bugged, other than big Flatfish and big Mackerel. My fishing shack challenges are all cleared except for the two requiring those big fishes.

To think with so many users reporting the issue it should have been addressed sooner than this.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics