Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • JCar4327
    599 posts

@vanadiumcobalt They are lying if that's what they said cause I was fishing from the beginning and these fish types were no where to be found. The spawning problem has been an issue from day one. There were no fish in Norway to be found anywhere because of the storms that are constantly going on there. They had to change that in the first patch so they spawned even during storms.

• bearsoul
    3 posts

Cuando ubisoft arreglara este problema

• bearsoul
    3 posts

Yo aún no puedo dar con los peces alguien podría ayudarme o decirme solo donde los puedo encontrar

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@jcar4327 They did not say that (me assuming). I am quoting what people have said on finding them over on Youtube. I asked on support so you can see the response if you want to see it.

• bearsoul
    3 posts
    I still can't find the fish, someone could help me or tell me just where I can find them, when they fix the problem they should have done it or not

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hey all,

I moved this thread from General Discussion to Player Support as it sounds as if you may be impacted by an issue the developers have recognised with spawns of the large Flatfish and Mackerel, and small Halibut and Sturgeon. They're looking to resolve this issue in a future patch, however a fix is not yet confirmed, and still under investigation.

If any of you could provide images / video clips showing that the aforementioned fish cannot be found, even when using the fishing line, that would be amazing 🙂 Thank you for your help and cooperation in advance.

Official Response
  • Lysvander
    41 posts

Seeing it is recognized is good.

Those are the last 2 turn in quests remaining from the fishing hut (one with big mackerel, other flatfish), before the swordfish one.

Rest of the fish can be found, but often extremely wonky.
    Had also trouble with the regular cod - had to meditate dozens of times at a certain location on the shore to make fish spawn to begin with and then snipe regular looking fish with my bow, cause fishing actually made them all disappear quickly.
    Finally pulled if off, in between halibut, shad & some other.

No "relaxing" fishing time at the moment, and that can't be intended game play.

Also, you are going to take the internet's word for it at the moment, that big mac and flat are a problem - along with sea spawns vanishing / not showing up in rain etc ...

Because if you want a picture of fish not being there ... i can show you the big flatfish and mackerel if you really want.

undefined

Joke aside, this is not a critical thing, so the recognition of the problem is appreciated.

But, if they should spawn, give us a location or something.
    If it should spawn there regardless of weather, or time or day , ... we can actually help.

But for now, all coastal regions yield no result.

• MidnightRaiin
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TheeElf
    151 posts

@ubi-woofer Unfortunately not sure what you would want in a picture or video. I mean we could go to the Flatfish spawn point and show a video of an hour fishing and getting nothing but small and regular and showing no big flatfish and we could do likewise with Mackerel in Norway but I don't see how they would provide any insight for the development team. Obviously the development team knows where the spawn points are and if they use a release build they should easily see that something is preventing them from spawning or at least in a playable area. I've noticed a few times that if I tried shooting other variants of big fish that they will sometimes fall through the floor. So not sure if those fish are present and just under the fishable area or what.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@theeelf I was thinking the same thing. The video would have to entail an entire hours long play session. I have wasted probably close to 20+ hours looking for both of these fish.

@Lysvander there are one or two regular cod that spawn right in front of Ravensthorpe. I usually find them a little to the left of the barracks looking out at the river.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@vanadiumcobalt Not sure if you are aware but one of the mods moved another conversation I was in about this issue to the MEGA threads list. Hopefully more people will get involved in that thread. They are saying they have recognized the issue and are working on a fix.

• FoxMildred
    3 posts

Really pleased to see this is now recognised. The missing fish mixed with the vanishing spawns, the disappearing big fish if bowed etc etc have made this a real arduous task and god knows why I have invested so much time in it 🙂

I would add that by the look of it Big Eels are needed for the final fishing delivery once this current list is completed. Big Eels also seem to be missing so pretty please could they be checked at the same time.

Can you imagine how frustrating it will be to finally complete the fishing hut deliveries and then find you cant complete the Sword fish task !!

• THRAX_Carnage
    1 posts

Hey, I’ve noticed that there are no BIG flatfish spawns in the game, only small and regular. BIG flatfish is a necessity for us players to farm for Tungsten (gold) ignot to upgrade our gear to Mythical (the top tier). I’ve been to every know location to have flatfish and never once is there a BIG Flatfish. There’s also a lot of discussion on reddit about bugs in the fishing aspect of the game about certain fish as well as a specific size not spawning. BIG Flatfish is just one of them. Some of the other fish not spawning said by the community is BIG eel, BIG cod, and BIG mackerel. People have said to find BIG cod in chests only early on in the beginning of London but never found them in the water but those people can’t remember for sure where they got the BIG cod from so that comment may be biased. Please fix this as this is a crucial part of getting the resources we need for our camp and our gear. I hope and would greatly appreciate that you guys/gals of Ubisoft can fix this ASAP and let this be a BIG FIX in the next upcoming patch. I’m sure the community would be just as grateful. Thank you. Here’s the hashtag that has been trending lately. #fixthefish #assassinscreed #Valhalla #Ubisoft (XBOX ONE PLAYER)

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@ubi-woofer DId you see @FoxMildred post about the BIG EEL also not spawning. I have not found these anywhere either.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey everyone, thank you for your replies!

I realise my request for images/videos was perhaps a little vague so I'll try to explain better. In the bodies of water where you can find the fish in question, but in the other sizes, it would be helpful to see that they are available but not in the size that you need, despite using the fishing line to fish with. Screenshots of your inventories showing that you do not have any caught as well would potentially be helpful. As the developers already are aware of the issue, they may not need many resources at this stage, but anything that we can gather may help! Thank you. 🙂

Also to directly address the mention of Big Eels also potentially being missing - I don't see any mention of those in the report so I'll raise them with the team and see if they're able to verify that those are also experiencing issues with spawn rates. Thanks for raising this, FoxMildred and JCar4327!

@Lysvander Regarding the regular cod, did you try multiple locations or just the one? Did they not spawn easily anywhere? As I mentioned, the developers are aware of issues with big Flatfish and Mackerel, so please accept my apologies for the issues with these! I'll keep you updated. I love that Will Smith meme, so nice choice using that as well - sorry for any confusion! 🤣

@TheeElf Anything you can provide demonstrating that you have been unable to obtain the needed fish in the specified size, or showing that they do not spawn in the areas you would expect, would be helpful. As above the developers may not need a great deal of resources due to already being aware of the issue but just in case, I'd like to gather some examples!

@FoxMildred By vanishing spawns do you mean when you lifted the fish from the water, they were invisible? I think this should have been fixed by title update 1.1.0 if so!

Official Response
  • JSRG1840
    80 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Here is something that your dev team can easily verify. Fast travel to folkstanton (spawn location of bream and sturgeon)
    When facing the village with the longship at your rear, there are two poles in the water to the right - a school of small and 2 regular fish appear there. A big fish will appear between the poles and the pier and another will appear next to the right branch of the T pier you are on.
    A small school appears near the rock off the left T branch.
    This happens every load.

However if the water is choppy in the slightest, what you get instead is a load more birds or "floating ash/burnt paper" flying around. Ash/burnt paper is the best description for what is spawned instead. Dont see that anywhere else other than at the coast and not just in folkstanton.

Cast your line and perhaps catch one then the rest disappear. Prior to the last patch as soon as you use odin sight they disappeared so the only way was to try without it. Now you get a few moments no more. So the glitch is still there.

As to big eels it doesnt matter where you go, only regular and small appear. There should be at least one in a location which would be in keeping with other fish spawning. That isnt happening with eels though.

In regards to big mackerel I've tried almost all the current known fish spawn locations and still nothing. The occasional small or regular mackerel just nothing like as common as redfish is.

• FoxMildred
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer vanishing Spawns refers to the happy moment a load of fish spawn, usually coastal locations, you catch one and then they all disappear. Sometimes when your still in the middle of realling them in.....I feel like there is some really strict EU fishing quota in place 😂

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    What foxmildred describes as vanishing /despawning fish is what I and so many others have described in multiple threads and posts, as well as the one above for your devs to try out.
    If my ps4 would capture vids I would send one as it is that repeatable.
    I know they've tried to hot fix it quietly however it was only the partial success I've outlined rather than a full solution.

• Barney_1104
    16 posts

Same here : I fished at least 40 regular FlatFish and 30 regular Mackerel in about 3 locations each, never found any big one, while in the same areas, I can find plenty on the other species big ones.
    Trick I found : the longboat definitely plays a role in this, going on horse to the same location doesn't result in all fishes vanishing like fast travel does (though not solving the big fishes issue). Why did you not keep the AC Odyssey "Call the boat" instead of having it teleported with us?

• Ubi-Woofer

@JSRG1840 @FoxMildred Thanks for sharing these additional details about the fish spawns - my apologies for misunderstanding the issue initially! 🙂 I believe the issue you're referring to then is this one, whereby coastal / sea / ocean fish are not spawning or else despawn quickly when you attempt to reach them. I've merged a large number of reports into that megathread, and will be addressing the issue of spawns overall there. This thread will remain for the issues with the big Flatfish/Mackerel and small Halibut/Sturgeon not appearing in the game at all (and big Eel, if it's found they are also impacted).

@Barney_1104 The developers are aware of the missing fish and are looking into it! Thanks for sharing the trick you found regarding using your mount as opposed to fast-travelling or sailing in your longship. Regarding calling the ship, you can do this using your action wheel and then "call longship" - this should have Eivor blow their horn and the view will spin, summoning your ship to wherever you are. Is this what you mean?

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics