Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • DESCAF
    4 posts

@iighostex27ii Found out last night that Small Sturgeon, when caught, Do NOT go into your inventory.
    At least on PC.

• Faithfinder77
    1 posts

I have found a few large flatfish off the coast of Wessex close to Werham, but you can’t catch or shoot them. When you get them on the line the red coloring is all fractured. I spent two hours trying by both fishing line and bow, and they simply can’t be caught. Very disappointing. I feel like I’ve spent half my life looking for a large flatfish and mackerel.

• erdosifazy
    9 posts

Hy!

I also want to ask about big EELs...
    As PC users - with possibly using an inventory tweak - managed to get the big flat/mackerel... But! There is a last delivery, which need 3 more big flatfish/salmon/shad/eel.

I've not seen any big eels until now...

Just to be clear: if Ubisoft may finally manage to get out the mackerel/flatfish bug, Xbox and PS players may face the EEL bug.

Can the developers informed about this (or can someone with Xbox/PS give a Big EEL location/screenshot/etc?)

Regards:
    Peter

• Keep.
    6 posts

@samidahl even after the 1.2.2 patch there still are no Big Flatfish or Big Mackerel. Please fix

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@erdosifazy So, I am going to ask you very specifically, "Is it 3 Big Eel or 3 Regular Eel you need for that final delivery?" I am on console and cannot get past the flatfish and mackerel deliveries. The reason I ask is because way earlier in this thread several people stated it was Big Eel, and now someone has posted a screenshot claiming it is Regular Eel.

• TheSixSam-ShiEn
    8 posts

@zeroinfluince i can't find any Big Mackerel or Big Eels either do you have locations for these as you will need these for the final delivery to get the swordfish sword

• cmhoughton
    29 posts

@xrayspex_73 @JCar4327

I guess I haven’t seen any Big Flatfish then...

• gjd8000
    1 posts

I find it very insulting that Ubisoft would be quick to patch out a way for players to make silver quicker and more easily, yet can't fix a bug with gameplay costing players hours of their time.

• Joey_Khaos
    10 posts

@thegoatofwar92 I can answer on their behalf. Fixing broken stuff we've already got you to pay for isn't important, releasing new stuff to try and make more money is.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1447 posts

Hello all!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update, as well as address a few specific posts.

The development team are still looking into missing large flatfish/mackerel. At this moment, we have no new information to share regarding this investigation. Once we have any new information to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread, so please keep an eye out for this!

The team have also been able to replicate the flying fish issue, and are taking a closer look at this as well. From what we can tell, this tends to affect large fish more than any other size. Both myself and @Ubi-Woofer have experienced flying large fish in our own gameplay as well. If you notice any other sizes start flying, please post about this within the thread so we can pass this information on. Thanks!

A few of you have mentioned compensation within this thread. Please note that this is at the discretion of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team. If compensation is to be offered to players, this information will be shared on our official platforms and within the News & Announcements forum. Additionally, if a hot-fix is announced, or if an alternative method to get these fish (such as via a fish market or by looting soldiers in River Raids) is made available, this will also be shared within the News & Announcements forum.

@DESCAF - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble keeping small sturgeon in your inventory. If possible, would you be able to send us a video that shows you catching a small sturgeon and it not staying in your inventory? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

@erdosifazy & @JCar4327 - Based off what I've seen, it's three regular eels that are required.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • luigispcrew
    50 posts

@jcar4327 you need 3 regular eel for the last delivery

• SkyrimwitcherFW
    5 posts

Hey guys, calm down, ok !!😠
    Big Mackerel and Big Flatfish are definitely out of the game due to scripting errors botched by Ubisoft programmers.
    18 GB update, but no 10 KB script can be repaired? A special kind of poverty certificate and ignorance
    we all know ubisoft in that way since settler games 👎 😁
    ©LordFWD programmer,mooding S6

• SkyrimwitcherFW
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis oki 😂 If you don't know the difference between regular flatfish and big flatfish, don't talk about flying flatfish because it doesn't matter. I can hear the laughter up to this point from the programmers for the successful fooling of the players because its impossible to find what is not there😂 😂

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for the update about the regular eel being needed rather than the large eel, the whole reason the big eel was even brought into this thread is because some other players had posted it was needed for the final delivery. If large eel are not needed to complete that final delivery then there is no reason for the team to determine if they are even in the game because they are not needed for anything in regards to completion.

I have had fish other than just big fish go flying. This happens often when you are on a boat, not so much when you are fishing from land. I believe it is related to the problem I had in one of my videos where I just could not reel in the fish no matter how long I tried. When this occurs, it generally seems as if the fish is ignoring the commands for reeling it in; the fish will just swim past you or away from you and when it passes close enough that Eivor should scoop it up the fish just keeps going. When you are on a boat and this happens the fish will fly up over the boat to get past it.

Just my suggestion, but if they could just change the requirements to something other than the large fish then we could just move past this. Maybe make it 6 regular size instead of 3 large size.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@thegoatofwar92 I believe the hope was that fixing the spawn issue would also fix the issue with the two fish in question. I know that was my hope any how.

• erdosifazy
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis Okay, thanks for the information!

• Kennyannydenny
    93 posts

I was happily fishing for the boy in Ravensthorpe and caught most of the fish in Rykjafylke. So I went on to search for a big mackerel. I've searched for hours until I finally gave up and searched online. Seems i'm not the only one with no big mackerel 😛 Haven't tried the flatfish yet but I have a feeling it's not there either. I'm on Xbox One by the way, not sure if that platform was already mentioned or not (this thread is huge).

• Luvbeers7
    15 posts

If it is so difficult for the Dev team to fix the big flatfish/mackerel spawn, how about just simply changing the fish requirement at the fishing hut to a different fish that already exists.

• skaleivor
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis Thx for the update. Hopefully the development team can fix this, soon.

• Keep.
    6 posts

On PC, with patch 1.1.2 when in a fishing boat (this seems important) not a raiding ship, land or dock, fish spawns in England's ocean are there in the plenty, but there still are no Big Flat Fish. I have tried for many hours and I have caught over 50 regular flat fish and never have seen a big one. I see tons of Big Bream and Big Sturgeon.

• you guys: Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish in the sea or on coastlines. (if you fish off of a fishing boat)

But the not the issue about Big Flat Fish and Big Mackerel not existing for 99% of us.... as of 2/22/2021
    Pretty sure the 1% are hallucinating.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics