Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • luigispcrew
    50 posts

@neovoltron "some" could be anything. Let's hope devs know about the big mackerel and big flat fish

• NeOVoltron
    92 posts

@luigispcrew They do know about big flatfish and big mackerel, community support already said, but people were flippin' out because it wasn't "officially" recorded as a known issue.

• TheeElf
    151 posts

@neovoltron It actually was but they moved it from the known issues to resolved with the Title Update 1.1.2. Until they complete their investigation they likely won't move it back to known issues yet.

• Demihuman77
    4 posts

I have still not been able to find flat fish or mackerel those are the last two things that are needed for the fishing quests

• Demihuman77
    4 posts

@del_valle711 I will not purchase the France expansion and told they fix the bugs with the fishing. Hit them where it hurts in their pocketbooks. Because they’ve known about this for many months yet they launched river raids and never fixed the issue with the fishing

• SkyrimwitcherFW
    5 posts

@thunderchild_uk
    I'm pretty sure fishing is a core part of the game, as are the hunting supplies and legendary animals. On the other hand, I think the tremendous effort of chasing down notes to get the fiftieth tattoos is a bad joke. Otherwise, you could leave everything out and just follow the story. is that your opinion? it is and remains completely incomprehensible that the fisch programming error could not be fixed with a hotfix of a few kb.thats the pointπŸ˜‹

• SkyrimwitcherFW
    5 posts

@neovoltron WOW a visible indictment that no one from ubisoft or other testers, ever played Assassin's Creed Valhalla or really tested it. thats the shameπŸ‘Ž

• stanway1978
    3 posts

Amazes me they can update the micro-transactions every week but to fix small bugs it takes months. Is this a ploy to keep the game active until the dlc drops or an elaborate scam where these missing fish will turn up in a pack at the cost of helix credits knowing its driving players insane

• bielik01
    2 posts

@cmhoughton @Ubi-Borealis I have it on video:

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1447 posts

Hello all!

I'd like to take the time to reach out to you all with an update, and to respond to some posts that have been left since my last post. At this moment, I'm afraid we have no new information to share regarding the missing large flatfish/mackerel, or bringing those flying fish back into the water. The development team are still taking a closer look at both of these reports. Once we have any news to share, we will post it within this thread, so please keep an eye out for updates!

@WhoCares78 - Maybe they're flying in the auroras in the sky... they are known as rivers of light, after all πŸ€”

@eL_T_US - Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please be assured that the development team has been actively working on this investigation since it was first reported by players. This was something that we had hoped to be resolved in previous updates, and we're sorry for any disappointment that has been caused by their disappearance following these updates. Both myself and @Ubi-Woofer have tried our best to keep you all updated when we can, and we have also been actively passing on any new reports you guys have made following previous updates. As we're not part of the development team, we cannot speculate on how easy or hard this is to fix. Once we do have any more information to share from the investigation, it will be posted within this thread.

@luigispcrew - Don't worry, big mackerel and big flatfish are both included in this!

@SkyrimwitcherFW - Hello! I cannot speak for everyone on the team, but both myself and @Ubi-Woofer are active players of Valhalla! We've both completed the game, and have regularly passed along our own images/videos and save files to help in investigations. We are also both looking forward to finally being able to complete the fishing deliveries 🎣 @Ubi-Woofer has actually spent a lot of time creating videos to help with finding certain fish (like the small sturgeon and halibut). Once we have any updates to share about the missing large fish, they will be shared in this thread as soon as we know, so please keep an eye out!

If anyone needs help with finding certain fish or creatures, please let @Ubi-Woofer and she'll do her best to make a video for you!

@bielik01 - Thanks for taking the time to share a video with us! I'll pass this along to the development team as well πŸ™‚

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • eL_T_US
    232 posts
  • xrayspex_73
    137 posts

@bielik01 That is a regular flatfish. Not big. Trust me I have caught 100 of those.

• Lysvander
    41 posts

If you still need to investigate this or figure out how to add 2 (make it 3 if you count the big eel) fish to the game, just so people can complete a side quest (and linked core challenge) ... it feels like at this point in time, you could just (as other people suggested) - lower the requirements to regular fish for the last 2 (flatfish/mackerel) and final delivery (eel), and be done with it.

At least i'd play a bit more then with the weapon, then wait another few months, and be thoroughly annoyed i would have to go trough the fishing hoops again.

• Carlipop
    5 posts

It has been a week since I have completed everything Valhalla has to offer (including the River Raids and Platinum on PS5). I was hoping to see a fix being announced on this thread, but sadly that is not the case. At the very least, you now have publicly acknowledged it in your Known Issues list.

This is probably not the place for a suggestion, but would changing the requirements for the problematic Fishing Deliveries be possible? An easy solution for an issue affecting all of your player base for months.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

So, the texture of the big flatfish is in the game. I found one but cannot interact with it:
    undefined

Found on the Fowl Farm in the settlement!

• boo-yah1907
    140 posts

@elmadre1 i have been waiting like that for months also have the last order ready except the ones that i can not catch...

• isuwhat
    155 posts

so its easier to find and open an out of map dev's box than it is to actual catch a fish to complete a challenge!

• Antipotheosis
    8 posts

Still waiting for Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel to be fixed on PC, but I wanted to share this for anyone who is still looking for small sturgeon.
    at Rouecistre fortress in the waters there is a small school of small sturgeon. it took me only a few minutes to find and get one.
    At Rouecistre fortress there is a small pier where someone is fishing. around that area is where I would concentrate if looking for small sturgeon.
    I hope this helps someone.undefined

• marktrix1987
    3 posts

Flatfish (big) and Mackerel (big) are still missing!!!!! Also fish keep falling beneath the map when shot with an arrow, so they can't be looted. When the heck are you going to fix this Ubisoft?

• marktrix1987
    3 posts

Flatfish (big) and Mackerel (big) are still missing!!!!! Also fish keep falling beneath the map when shot with an arrow, so they can't be looted. When the heck are you going to fix this Ubisoft?

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics