Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • B00MSIE
    291 posts

@grahamfischer

The gamebreaking bugs, that don’t allow players to complete the game and things like the disappearing savegames are probably more important to be fixed. But they don’t get fixed either. I think this game is released unfinished and they still want to add new (also unfinished) stuff, which introduces new bugs each time. Because of that it is becoming an impossible job to get things fixed.

It’s really a shame, because it is slowly destroying this great game. Look at the weekly challenges, I suspect we don’t reach the targets, because more and more players seem to stop playing.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@Lysvander @Carlipop @grahamfischer - Thank you for your suggestion regarding switching out the required fish for the deliveries. The developers are looking to resolve the issue itself by making the big flatfish / mackerel available in-game as soon as possible, as opposed to what you describe. When a fix is confirmed and announced, we'll be sure to let everyone know here. Until then, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. 🙂

@Tchester1980 - We don't approve of trying to steal other people's fish! 😛 As soon as the big flatfish / mackerel are made available in-game, we will let everyone know here, and then we can all catch our own! Thank you for your understanding in the meantime.

@Antipotheosis - Thanks for sharing your experience! The spot you describe is the same one I made my video in, showing that you could catch small Sturgeon there. I'd highly recommend fishing on a small boat in that area; you should easily find a school of small Sturgeon!

I also made the following video for small Halibut, should anyone still be struggling to locate those as well:

@marktrix1987 - Are you trying to shoot the fish in shallow waters? If so, I would advise against this for the meantime. Use your fishing line to try and catch those fish, and only shoot with arrows the ones further out in deep water. If you can provide a video of the behaviour you're describing as well, that would be much appreciated, as I have encountered that myself and would like to add more evidence to the ongoing investigation.

@HINC_LIZ - Please check out my video above (and shared in reply to you by @WhoCares78 - thank you by the way!); you can find small Sturgeon near Rouecistre Blockade / Fortress in Cent quite easily! 🙂

@grahamfischer - As communicated by my colleague @Ubi-Borealis, the developers are continuing to work on resolving this issue with the missing big flatfish / mackerel. I apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime, and will keep everyone updated as soon as we receive new information! I'll also try again to prepare some videos showing where you can find each fish when they're confirmed to be found in-game!

Official Response
  • Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@ubi-woofer

For sure.... I don't want to steal from my own people in the settlement to get the fish ...

• Marta97M
    21 posts

I found all the fish needed for the swordfish weapon except for big flatfish and mackerel, patiently waiting for the fix 😞

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@marta97m Good on ya. You could however be waiting a long time. This has been an issue for months and still, it's incredibly hard to fix!

• hilchef9
    1 posts

I've spent 2 days and traveled on foot the whole coast areas of Norway and can find large mackerel anywhere ... I only need 2 to complete

• guest-E5i3o02I
    10 posts

@logibear0111 still not fixed with the last patch!! What a waste

@hilchef9 I find only regular mackerel!! Where did you find the big mackerel?

• guest-E5i3o02I
    10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • First_Prophet
    14 posts

@Ubi-Woofer This has been mentioned numerous times before in different threads, but since the developers cannot seem to figure out the issue with the big mackerel and big flatfish not spawning, can't you just adjust the requirements for the fishing mission, to exclude those fish and allow everyone else who has been waiting patiently since the middle of november, to complete the mission and complete the swordfish challenge? just seems kind of counterproductive and counterintuitive, to have us wait for one or two more months until this gets figured out, when the solution is simple and you can just remove those parts of the objective, so we can complete those tasks.

Same with the avenge player challenge. There is no way I'm completing that, so why not just remove that from the Ubisoft connect challenges?

Anyway, just finding it difficult to understand why we have to wait for another patch or two, when you could just send out a hot fix or something to remove those requirements, so we can just move on. Thanks and I hope you're having a great day!

• Logibear0111
    Original poster 21 posts

@guest-e5i3o02i i know haha its been months since i made this post and clearly its lit up like mad but still nothing i do love all the notifications tho

• guest-09w8NqWZ
    1 posts

I'm deleting this game, takes up too much space for it not to work correctly. I should be finished and moving on to the next Ubisoft game, oh wait. No more Ubisoft for my house.

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@ubi-woofer no offense dude, its been 4 months. we dont give a flying [censored] about a fix to get two specific fish, we arent aquatic biologists. we just want the reward. please stop trying to [censored] us with a solution and just take it out so we can kindly proceed. thanks!

we're the player base paying and funding your games but you arent listening to what we want. we dont want you to spend countless hours reengineering two fish. please just change all big fish requirements to regular fish so this can be done with

@B00MSIE i couldve sworn this happened to me yesterday but it wasnt flying, it was going across the deck of my boat and directly under it and i couldnt bring it in and had to quit. i thought i was trippin

• grahamfischer
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • grahamfischer
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • grahamfischer
    27 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • storm81456
    1 posts

@first_prophet You can finish the avenge player challenge by heading over to the SE of East Anglia. SE of the fast travel point there's a spot with 3 wild boar, Scottoh farm location, and a camp by the water's edge . Kill the enemies and then hang out in the area for 10 mins or so and you'll hear Eivor make a comment and there will be an icon and a body that appears with the avenge mission. I just knocked the 10 out last week myself, so I know it still works. I think the guide started on the forums here but I couldn't find that link so here ya go:

AC Valhalla - How to Avenge A Player Guide (as of Title Update 1.1.1) : ACValhalla (reddit.com)

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

@grahamfischer

Eivor has to stay of those mushrooms 😊

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@b00msie him and the devs have something in common. want big flatfish and mackerel? no? well youll get them anyway, even if it takes until the 2nd DLC. no one shall have sacred sword fish sword

• guest-E5i3o02I
    10 posts

@logibear0111 I'm following the forum since a week about. I completed all the game 2 months ago and struggling with this [censored] fish

• ZomBotz
    3 posts

Come on Ubisoft....you're pumping out new stuff in the helix store, first dlc coming in a week or so, and you're a AAA COMPANY!!
    This type of disrespect to the people that quite literally keep money in your pockets is UNACCEPTABLE!!
    For the first time in your existence I will not be pre ordering farcry, because I simply do not trust you anymore.
    Fix these missing fish or I will be demanding a refund for this game and watchdogs legion...due to your false advertising with just about every promise made.
    [censored] happened to you???

@usrnmz56789 I know that there are 3 big cod that can be found in crates outside a small hut. If you haven't located them yet just respond and I will post the video link for you mate.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics