Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Joey_Khaos
    10 posts

Wow, I can really feel the frustration throughout the forum at the moment. It's starting to remind me of the Bioware forums around the time ME: Andromeda was released. Hardcore supporters of the studio, getting extremely annoyed by what are seemingly easy fixes to bugs that are ruining an otherwise good game. Come on Ubisoft, fix the damn fish already.

• guest-E5i3o02I
    10 posts

@tigerknight1 in Norway you get only regular Mackerel

• First_Prophet
    12 posts

@storm81456 Hahahaha, that's how I spawned and completed the only Avenge mission that I have on my counter. It hasn't generated again since the initial and last time. 😛 Thanks for the tip, though. 😄

• BIGtflatfish
    7 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4 your comparing patching a feature that went live in the most resent update about 2 weeks ago too patching a bug that was present on release. aside from that howed itd be if you spent 15$ on a armor set and then found out people are getting it free from a bug, microtransactions are important now they generate the money to fund development and more content you should really take a min and look that up games like gta have used it too keep a game running over 3 generations consoles and pc witthout even selling exclusive content just on convivence alone, in reality microtransactions are whats paying for alot of your free content too.. i mean unless you want to go back to just buying a barebones finshed game without dlcs, support(as in a forum like this too gripe in), or extra content.

• isuwhat
    152 posts

@bigtflatfish to be honest this is the first Ubisoft game or any game of any sort that's had loads of micro transactions in that ive played. Games ive played before this is stuff like the last of us 1& 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Witcher 3, Red Dead 2. The DLC's in HZD and W3 are just incredible and all of those games didn't need micro transactions to make them masterpieces or to make vast sums of money or to fund bug fixes. All of those games are master level games and sold huge numbers without any of it. Plus compare all of those games bugs to this?! I brought the season pass when i brought this game and to be honest i'm also not used to having loads of bugs in a AAA game like this. Its a whole new experience and maybe ive been spoilt, maybe i haven't. You're making it like we should feel sorry for Ubisoft for not making 2 billion instead of 1. They have the resource to fix any bug, of course they do, massive resource. I was pointing out their priority seems to never put the player of the game as any sort of priority for fixing these, maybe i'm wrong, maybe they are doing everything they can to fix this issue but the communication of bug fixing is again, awful. Ive seen that mentioned more than maybe anything on various platforms. If i'd paid $15 for a set and then someone found out an exploit to get that for free the next day i'd laugh and think 'good on you'.

The real question is, would we be looking for these exploits if there wasn't so much locked paid content? no, no we wouldn't. A multiple billion dollar company can't put out more paid gear than free gear in a game and then get upset when people find an exploit to get it for free. Plus you say about this forum, when i had issues with W3, ive always gotten a direct reply within 48 hours from that company. All without any micro transactions needed to fund it. I personally prefer a game like HZD or Witcher 3 that put out a hell of a game, then released DLCs later on, i completed those and then felt content to move on to another game and not wait around forever for new content. Then much later if i wanted to go back into that world, that's the beauty of new game +. I much prefer that way of playing a game to be honest and not be playing a game solid for 12 months, but that's just me. Maybe Ubisoft isn't for me after all

• BIGtflatfish
    7 posts

@guest-9dkajoe4 you clearly don't know what your saying, you too reply to everything but the very first point i made lol. and seem to think dlcs and season passes are microtransactions. did you even play any the other ac games origins and odyssey both had the exact same helix store systems as Valhalla each adding a new set of features( boat stuffs, now settlements), but Valhalla had a complete gear overhaul after odyssey the con being less different gear the pro you don't have too keep upgrading them every 3 levels... i like the new system its much better even if there's less gear now. No ones making you buy helix gear its not a requirement its entirely optional. if anything reda shoulda kept the one random loot option from passed games but i see why not. secondly with exception to rdr2 which its online is far from the hit GTAO was, offers a convivence micro for gold like gtao, the rest tho are Playstation exclusive and never really see anything more then dlc so yea. there's also a good point to be made saying the Witcher 3 literally was broken for the first 8 months it was out soooo. and honestly people being breakin games since nes i can still rush bowser on super mario with nothing but a cheesed out short-cut to star road and a few extra lives. but yea way of topic now probably gunna be deleted anyway fam cheers 👍 😀 🍺 honestly tho these posts are probably gunna be deleted for irreverence on account of the fact they have nothing to do with fish or fishing lol.

• KlaMore83
    2 posts

Has anyone found the big flatfish or big mackerel since the new update. I’ve spent countless hours searching with no luck. Ubisoft tells me to reinstall the game and try again. Tried it. They told me to reinstall update and try a different save file. Tried it. Everything they have suggested has not worked.
    Has anyone found these fish on the Xbox One because I don’t believe they are in the game anymore. If they are please point me and others in the right direction, because this is so frustrating.

• GCtwoTHREE
    1 posts

@Gryma dude you're a 🤡.....Going thru discussion boards saying u completed challenges in which people are genuinely having trouble completing, BECAUSE ITS NOT POSSIBLE.....Then u write to support saying u can complete it? That isn't helping, its actually hurting....One post u claim u dont rush thru games just to complete challenges but youre the same guy who uses mods to complete them....You are the wors kind of [censored]...

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone. Just quickly - please keep the discussion on-topic. If you'd like to discuss another issue, or have an off-topic conversation, please create threads in the appropriate section(s). Please do also remember to adhere to the forum rules and speak to each other politely, and with respect. Even if disagreeing, please be civil. I won't hesitate to moderate and/or implement sanctions as appropriate, if it becomes necessary. Thank you. 🙂

@hilchef9 - Do you also require the two big Flatfish, as well as the two big Mackerel?

@First_Prophet - The developers are working to fix the current issue whereby the big Flatfish and Mackerel are not spawning as they should, as opposed to transforming the challenge into another, or changing the requirements. When we have news on their progress, we'll share it here in the thread. I sincerely apologise that no additional information is available for the moment. As for the "Hall of the Slain" challenge, this one is possible currently in-game; I myself have completed three avenge quests so far! 🙂 You can watch a video I made of completing one avenge quest below, using the methods described in this thread made by @TheeElf in the General Discussions section. All credit goes to them for the method - give it a go! I've also seen players in that thread advising the quests seem more frequent lately.

@grahamfischer - I understand that you are frustrated by this issue, but please refrain from the use of excessive profanities. Please consider this a warning to adhere to the forum rules. Please also see my answer to @First_Prophet above; the developers are focusing on resolving the issue, and we'll communicate additional information when it becomes available to us. There is nothing further that I can say on the matter at this time.

@ZomBotz - The developers are still working on a fix for this issue and we will share additional details when they become available to us. Please rest assured that this issue is not going forgotten or ignored. Thank you.

@guest-9dkaJoe4 - You have mentioned in your long post that you feel our communication regarding bug fixes is "awful" - please let me know if you have any feedback that you would like me to pass forward. It will not be possible for me to share unconfirmed details of fixes, or give ETAs when there are none, but I'd be happy to see if there's anything further we can do. 🙂 I'd like to reassure you as well that the developers are very much focused on resolving serious issues with the game. We're communicating additional information as soon as we can.

Official Response
  • kennykas
    1 posts

Why not just switch out the two fish that you know are bugged for the swordfish and be done with it? If you can't add the big fish that won't spawn and are bugged, why not just change the required fish to get it? You have known they are bugged for quite some time and you even fixed how the fish spawn but it's time to address the swordfish issues and why players can't obtain them.

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@ubi-woofer as kindly as i can put it, we dont want that anymore just change the size. please listen or im done giving ubisoft money 🙂

• WhoCares78
    104 posts

@grahamfischer Actually you and some others on here no longer want that. I, on the other hand, do still want that. I’m actually looking forward to the day when I reel those annoying, digital, hide and seek champs in. I just want to finish the Ubi connect challenge. I really don’t even want that swordfish sword. Actually really just want a time period authentic one-handed Viking sword. That’s for another post though.
    In the end it’s just a game. And I’ll gladly play other games while occasionally checking back to see if it’s been fixed. Eventually it will be.

• TomWellsLSF
    9 posts

This sucks, man. I get serious EA vibes from fixing this issue. There's not even anything left to do in the game except catch these 4 big boys!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kennykas

i guess they dont care.

• luigispcrew
    50 posts

Sure. Devs have already released an hotfix for the free helix items from pink boxes in river raid but they can't release one for those fishes after three months that we're waiting.

• RasmussonKcr
    16 posts

Anyone know where I can find small pollock?
    I'm on ps4 btw

• WhoCares78
    104 posts

@rasmussonkcr The Cistern Tower synch point in Suthsexe. At the bottom is a pool filled with small and medium pollock.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@whocares78 Yeah, I have to agree. I may have made the suggestion to have it changed, but that does not mean I wouldn't prefer the original fish be fixed. Really sucks to have someone speak on your behalf without really knowing what your thoughts on the subject are. Besides, I really want to see how big that Big Flatfish really is.

• isuwhat
    152 posts

@ubi-woofer whatever issue anyone has, we are hoping or expecting it to be fixed when the next update comes. Maybe that's partly down to us as players not managing expectations individually but maybe there could be a way to help players manage those expectations? whether its adding a side note to the bug fixes in some way to advise when the fix is hopefully going to come, the next update or its a long term bug fix that's more involved or complicated than expected (so could be months away), etc etc?

when i said awful that isn't a direct statement towards you, mainly because you do communicate what you can when you have it and that is appreciated. Its aimed at whoever is passing that information from the dev side to you but thanks for reaching out and seeing if there is a way to improve, good to see.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics