Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • KlaMore83
    2 posts

Has anyone found the big flatfish or big mackerel since the new update. I’ve spent countless hours searching with no luck. Ubisoft tells me to reinstall the game and try again. Tried it. They told me to reinstall update and try a different save file. Tried it. Everything they have suggested has not worked.
    Has anyone found these fish on the Xbox One because I don’t believe they are in the game anymore. If they are please point me and others in the right direction, because this is so frustrating.

• GCtwoTHREE
    1 posts

@Gryma dude you're a 🤡.....Going thru discussion boards saying u completed challenges in which people are genuinely having trouble completing, BECAUSE ITS NOT POSSIBLE.....Then u write to support saying u can complete it? That isn't helping, its actually hurting....One post u claim u dont rush thru games just to complete challenges but youre the same guy who uses mods to complete them....You are the wors kind of [censored]...

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone. Just quickly - please keep the discussion on-topic. If you'd like to discuss another issue, or have an off-topic conversation, please create threads in the appropriate section(s). Please do also remember to adhere to the forum rules and speak to each other politely, and with respect. Even if disagreeing, please be civil. I won't hesitate to moderate and/or implement sanctions as appropriate, if it becomes necessary. Thank you. 🙂

@hilchef9 - Do you also require the two big Flatfish, as well as the two big Mackerel?

@First_Prophet - The developers are working to fix the current issue whereby the big Flatfish and Mackerel are not spawning as they should, as opposed to transforming the challenge into another, or changing the requirements. When we have news on their progress, we'll share it here in the thread. I sincerely apologise that no additional information is available for the moment. As for the "Hall of the Slain" challenge, this one is possible currently in-game; I myself have completed three avenge quests so far! 🙂 You can watch a video I made of completing one avenge quest below, using the methods described in this thread made by @TheeElf in the General Discussions section. All credit goes to them for the method - give it a go! I've also seen players in that thread advising the quests seem more frequent lately.

@grahamfischer - I understand that you are frustrated by this issue, but please refrain from the use of excessive profanities. Please consider this a warning to adhere to the forum rules. Please also see my answer to @First_Prophet above; the developers are focusing on resolving the issue, and we'll communicate additional information when it becomes available to us. There is nothing further that I can say on the matter at this time.

@ZomBotz - The developers are still working on a fix for this issue and we will share additional details when they become available to us. Please rest assured that this issue is not going forgotten or ignored. Thank you.

@guest-9dkaJoe4 - You have mentioned in your long post that you feel our communication regarding bug fixes is "awful" - please let me know if you have any feedback that you would like me to pass forward. It will not be possible for me to share unconfirmed details of fixes, or give ETAs when there are none, but I'd be happy to see if there's anything further we can do. 🙂 I'd like to reassure you as well that the developers are very much focused on resolving serious issues with the game. We're communicating additional information as soon as we can.

Official Response
  • kennykas
    1 posts

Why not just switch out the two fish that you know are bugged for the swordfish and be done with it? If you can't add the big fish that won't spawn and are bugged, why not just change the required fish to get it? You have known they are bugged for quite some time and you even fixed how the fish spawn but it's time to address the swordfish issues and why players can't obtain them.

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@ubi-woofer as kindly as i can put it, we dont want that anymore just change the size. please listen or im done giving ubisoft money 🙂

• WhoCares78
    104 posts

@grahamfischer Actually you and some others on here no longer want that. I, on the other hand, do still want that. I’m actually looking forward to the day when I reel those annoying, digital, hide and seek champs in. I just want to finish the Ubi connect challenge. I really don’t even want that swordfish sword. Actually really just want a time period authentic one-handed Viking sword. That’s for another post though.
    In the end it’s just a game. And I’ll gladly play other games while occasionally checking back to see if it’s been fixed. Eventually it will be.

• TomWellsLSF
    9 posts

This sucks, man. I get serious EA vibes from fixing this issue. There's not even anything left to do in the game except catch these 4 big boys!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kennykas

i guess they dont care.

• luigispcrew
    50 posts

Sure. Devs have already released an hotfix for the free helix items from pink boxes in river raid but they can't release one for those fishes after three months that we're waiting.

• RasmussonKcr
    16 posts

Anyone know where I can find small pollock?
    I'm on ps4 btw

• WhoCares78
    104 posts

@rasmussonkcr The Cistern Tower synch point in Suthsexe. At the bottom is a pool filled with small and medium pollock.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@whocares78 Yeah, I have to agree. I may have made the suggestion to have it changed, but that does not mean I wouldn't prefer the original fish be fixed. Really sucks to have someone speak on your behalf without really knowing what your thoughts on the subject are. Besides, I really want to see how big that Big Flatfish really is.

• isuwhat
    152 posts

@ubi-woofer whatever issue anyone has, we are hoping or expecting it to be fixed when the next update comes. Maybe that's partly down to us as players not managing expectations individually but maybe there could be a way to help players manage those expectations? whether its adding a side note to the bug fixes in some way to advise when the fix is hopefully going to come, the next update or its a long term bug fix that's more involved or complicated than expected (so could be months away), etc etc?

when i said awful that isn't a direct statement towards you, mainly because you do communicate what you can when you have it and that is appreciated. Its aimed at whoever is passing that information from the dev side to you but thanks for reaching out and seeing if there is a way to improve, good to see.

• Hirogen2k
    1 posts

Hi, I'm on Xbox unable to find big Flatfish/Mackerel. Apparently these are still are not in the game - another update recently and still no fix for this? Come on Ubisoft stop releasing new store items/content and fix this. Loved the game but really disappointed I can't finish the fishing challenges, last thing I need to do for completion 😞

• lemmie88
    85 posts

I would guess because it is ultimately more profitable to string players along for as long as possible.

• KamikazeSG12
    25 posts

The continued absence of these fish is hugely irritating to everyone. I hope this issue is somewhere near the top of their list and would love more updates on the progress.

Equating the effort required to FIND and fix a programming error with adding new gear to the store (which was probably created in the engine long ago and just has to be uploaded and activated) is inane. Try looking at what is most likely millions of lines of code to find a small character out of place that is interfering with the spawning of the fish... I'm sure you'll have a new appreciation for what they are trying to do. Not to mention the long list of other errors that obviously got missed during beta testing that require the same in depth search to find that code error.
    Thank you devs, for putting forth the effort to correct these errors, while also trying to do the small things to keep the game interesting until the problems can actually be completed.

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@kamikazesg12 thats not the problem though dude. its clearly not a capability thing if every other fish in the game is working fine. you dont think they cant just scale their regular flatfish texture 50% and add it into game sprites in their engine? its more about the principle at this point too, they will work overtime to fix glitches that affect income/profit, but the glitches that the player base funding the game are begging them to fix has been ignored since launch. you literately just thanked them for cleaning up their own pile of [censored]. they wouldnt have to clean it up if they didnt drop it on us

@WhoCares78 no offense dude, if you really care that much about the fish go play a fishing game. the devs are purposely taking the dumbest/lengthiest patch for this to keep us checking in on their game and hoping we spend on the helix store. im pretty sure everyone would just like to get the swordfish even if that means they just change the size requirements so we can move on

We are obviously no longer and have never been, Ubisofts priority. Money is 100% all they care about, even if it means burning their entire player base over and over again

• WhoCares78
    104 posts

@grahamfischer No offense dude but if you care that much about swinging a swordfish around, go play something like fortnite. Do you honestly think they’re purposely not fixing certain aspects of the game because it’ll get people to spend more money? How does that work? I would think that a game that is running smoothly with everything working as it should would be more likely to get people to spend more on it. Adding helix store items while the game has so many problems is a bad look for Ubisoft, but the truth is all of those items were made a long time ago and they are just unlocking them on a schedule. They aren’t coding these things into the game every other week. Somebody posted a video link in another post that shows the Jackdaw longship items were in game as far back as Jan 5.
    It would be great if they could fix all these problems but working with as much code as this game has to have can’t be easy. Plus Montreal is still in a strict lockdown, which means the dev team are still working separately from home. And no amount of chewing out the support staff here in the forums will change that.

And Ubisoft only care about the money? Well yeah, and water is wet.

• grahamfischer
    27 posts

@WhoCares78 lmao nice try at a comeback but that didnt even make sense. i could care less about the swordfish, the stats are horrible anyway. i paid a AAA game studio $60 for a working game, and i expect that i could be able to finish the last side quest after 4 months of the game being released. not to mention, this is the longest an AC game has been in development even before the lockdown was a thing. you say they arent doing this on purpose but i think theyre more than capable of fixing this weeks ago. this is the only thing keeping most playing checking back in on the game after theyve finished it, the same thing happened with fabric at launch and it was fixed somewhat fast but from what i hear some people are still having issues. if you keep checking in on the game every day, you might have the urge to spend in the helix store

also, yeah it is a bad look when there's more content in the helix store than the actual amount of lootable in game gear. so bad that it enrages people who spent $60 for "the most player customization in any game ever", and everyones Jomsviking looks identical. i have a feeling everyones Eivor looks pretty similar too considering there's all of 3 viable options for gear. is it too much to ask for pre-existing features in past AC games such as the cosmetic change on items and New Game+ in Odyssey?

reskining helix store items... they really have no boundaries anymore

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics