Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Spades1961
    30 posts

@braudrist Same.

• Kil_jaeden87
    4 posts

ubisoft, no pongan mini-juegos de pesca en sus videojuegos si no los van a poner completos, es muy frustrante para los que somos completistas, muchas gracias.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1068 posts

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed response. I'd like to provide you all with an update. The development team are still looking into the missing big fish, as well as the issue that causes fish to float and fold up whilst being caught.

As included in the recent "Known Issues" update, the development team are planning to fix this issue in a future update. We're unable to provide a confirmed ETA for this update at this moment in time. Rest assured that once we have more definite information about when this issue is to be resolved, it will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

In the meantime, as many of you have already seen, the "Stinky but Deadly" challenge has been temporarily removed from the Ubisoft Connect core challenges list, as this currently cannot be completed. This challenge will go live again in the future once it becomes possible to complete. By removing the challenge at this current time, it allows players to fully complete all of the available core challenges without "Stinky but Deadly" preventing 100% completion.

Some of you have mentioned having trouble completing the "Hall of the Slain" core challenge. I'd recommend checking out the video provided by @Ubi-Woofer within this thread for more help! If you have any further questions or concerns about this challenge, please post within the linked thread as this is a separate issue to the missing fish.

@GreenTea13121 - What an awesome, if slightly unnerving, picture! The development team are aware of some fish taking up levitating and contortion as a hobby, and are looking into this further.

@Kil_jaeden87 - We're only able to offer support in English within these forums. Would you be able to provide a translation of your post for us? Alternatively, if you'd like to speak to your regional team you're welcome to open a support ticket or start a live chat.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    309 posts

@ubi-borealis On the one hand, thank you for actively approaching us and informing us of the current status regarding the big fish issue, and yet on the other hand, when "the development team are still looking into the missing big fish", just what on earth do they mean? (I mean the team, not you Ubi-Borealis)

I suspect that the issue involves some bad, knotty coding. Otherwise, how is it possible that all other big-size fish types manage to spawn properly but not Flat Fish, Mackerel and Eel? Don't all fish use the same group of coding when it comes to their spawning and overall behaviour? Did the development team directly consult the one(s) who wrote the coding for the fish? He/She/They could not even understand what and where went wrong after nearly a quarter of a year?

While I am glad to know this issue will be fixed, the development team had better review on the way they handled this issue because there is A LOT to be desired. I am not trying to be unreasonable by demanding a completely bug/glitch-free game of this size, but I am strongly convinced this issue could have been dealt with much earlier and with much less hassle.

Sorry for the ranting.

• Yesin069
    396 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for the info!

Just tell the devs to open their Engine a little bit more to modding and we will fix those bugs on our own...

Or tell them to look at way smaller devs like People Can Fly and how they even patched Outriders on the weekend because it had bugs. Valhalla also had and still has bugs and i am still waiting to see a dedicated out-of-order patch that fixes the biggest ones...

• Vilemos
    54 posts

@imaginaryruins
    Generally, the code MUST be the same for every type of same thing you are adding.
    This feels like (and probably is) the devs saying "we know about it, we don't give a rats [censored]".

6 months this issue is known, 6 months of ignoring.

• Kil_jaeden87
    4 posts

I really, really, REALLY Hate you boy πŸ‘¦ :v

undefined

• lemmie88
    52 posts

@vilemos I have come to the conclusion that the code for ac valhalla must be such a tangled spaghetti mess from rushing its development that it takes much more time/effort/money to fix than we can imagine or at least that ubi is willing to devote. I mean, the update had nothing to do with fish and yet it turned them into UFO-origami abominations. How is that possible if the code were at all logical?

@ubi-borealisΒ I'm glad the floating/folding is being looked into. But what about the bouncing? The waters in ac valhalla have become an absurd circus. πŸ˜‚

• LUN4WOLF20
    2 posts

Any news on big Mackerel n big flatfish

• KopfSmertZz
    8 posts

@lun4wolf20 : Yes, soon a new Armor pack will become available including a nice green armored Parka, a black wool beanie headgear, yellow Wellington stomping boots, red rubber gloves, the long awaited big Flatfish shield and a big Mackerel sword. I'm in!

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics