Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • SpirantCrayon22
    223 posts

@isuwhat

Hopeful. The text is "Some fish are missing and not spawning". It's still listed further down in the "under investigation" section as "Some fish are not available in the world".

I still don't get why it was important to remove the challenge but leave the quests relating to the challenge in the game.

Fingers crossed anyway . . .

• TheeElf
    153 posts
    I still don't get why it was important to remove the challenge but leave the quests relating to the challenge in the game.

Because completionist are OCD and it drives them crazy. The challenge being temporarily removed satisfies them. The fact that the missing fish are listed on the future update means that the issue has been identified/investigation completed/coding fixed which makes me very hopefully for the next patch to have them back at which point the challenge will be re-enabled.

• tinyissscute92
    6 posts

@theeelf

WHAT?!
    And I just got to the mackerel big and can't find them so are they just removing all these challenges rather than fixing it? I'm on of those OCD completionist XD

• SpirantCrayon22
    223 posts

@theeelf

Yes, I see that and actually that was my point, a completionist is going to be bothered by the presence of the challenges. I'm autistic and borderline in that sense. As it is out of my control I can tolerate it!

• slybel
    1 posts

Only missing those 2 big fish...

I'm, about to drive to Ubisoft and program it myself! 🙂

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

oh, I thought I was just looking in the wrong place, but I guess I also have this issue of not being able to find  big Flatfish. I found big halibut.... isn't that the same thing??? Or is there a fish in the game called specifically 'flatfish'???
    Also, I'm getting ocean fish (and they aren't disappearing after a few second) but umm.... there seems to be something wrong with the halibut? 😆
    undefined
    (I keep seeing many of these guys just floating above the water all twisted up like this. 😆 )

Also, when ever I shoot fish with arrows their dead bodies start to jump out of the water, getting higher with each jump in till they just disappear into the sky. Not complaining, it's hilarious to watch, but I feel like this isn't supposed to be happening 😆

• Valhalla2015
    73 posts

@greentea13121 wow... as messed up as that picture is from a development stand point, I gotta hand it to you on its composition. Nice pic! 😂

• SpirantCrayon22
    223 posts

@greentea13121

There's a lot wrong with fishing right now and your picture is an excellent highlight of one problem. They look really weird in Eagle Vision when they're like that, something like a rubber duck (just watch out for a bald guy with a barcode on the back of the head).

That picture is a flatfish, not a halibut - two different fish in the game.

Don't bother looking for big versions of eel, flatfish or mackerel, they are not in the game for some reason.

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    hu, I thought it was a flatfish. But every time I kill one and loot it the game tells me I got halibut 🤷

• GreenTea13121
    41 posts

@valhalla2015
    Thanks 🙂

• VegasHeart
    35 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SpirantCrayon22
    223 posts

@greentea13121

Oh, sorry, I could be wrong there. If it tells you it's halibut then it's halibut. Either way flatfish is a different fish - would have been better to have called them plaice, I think.

• xrayspex_73
    137 posts

He's using what is called a "Dutch angle".

Very artsy.

• PhonyKeyboard90
    1 posts

I have problems finding 2 types of large fish which is mackerel and sole, I have seen videos where there are errors in these two fish, could you please help me.

• DDaou024
    1 posts

April 10, 2021... 6 months later, amd it's still not fixed!!!! EITHER TAKE THESE OUT OF THE FISH DELIVERIES OR FIX IT!!! I got so frustrated while looking, before learning about the bug, that I ended up having a mini breakdown after about 20 hours of looking.

• ImaginaryRuins
    375 posts

@ddaou024 At least the issue is officially acknowledged, so it will likely be fixed one day, even though it took so long.

P.S. Just try not to have breakdowns over video games (unless you rely on them to make a living). 🙂

• Whiskey-Peddler
    1 posts

I fished from a boat in the sea but am not able to land any fish. I can fish from a boat in the rivers and land fish but not the sea. So even if I hooked a big flatfish I wouldn't be able to land it.

• braudrist
    21 posts

I've got a sneaky feeling that this won't be fixed in the upcoming expansion 'Wrath of the Druids' at the end of April.

• Spades1961
    35 posts

@braudrist Same.

• Kil_jaeden87
    5 posts

ubisoft, no pongan mini-juegos de pesca en sus videojuegos si no los van a poner completos, es muy frustrante para los que somos completistas, muchas gracias.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics