Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • 2 Likes/174 Replies/8056 Views
    Logibear0111
    Original poster 19 posts

Hi
    im on xbox and cannot find big flat fish or mackerel i have searched everywhere after reading online i see im not the only one with it, i have looked at the up coming update and dont see it mentioned anychance someone can help me with a location or if you know if its being fixed

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• seba84_2005
    9 posts

Did anyone find these fish? Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel. I only miss these two fish... this is some bug?

• Zeus-X-Machina
    10 posts

i have been fishing for hours, do the spawn at max level or something?! i have caught little under 100 of regular and small.
    is this a glitch???

• DarkStar_AUT
    5 posts

@seba84_2005

i miss them too! wasted hours..............

• seba84_2005
    9 posts

@darkstar_aut I spent about 10 hours for searching these fish and still nothing...

• boo-yah1907
    72 posts

these have to be some sort of bug or story/mystery mission tied fish. as far as i can see, even if i have a few more to go then just these, these types are the biggest problem for fishing.

• boo-yah1907
    72 posts

@seba84_2005 i spent days and spent about half of my play time just for hunting and fishing(fishing took the most). over 113 hours of gameplay and still no light about these

• seba84_2005
    9 posts

I handled it in a different way...

Big flatfish
    https://ibb.co/BnhJmVb

Big mackerel
    https://ibb.co/BLYW5py

reward for all fish
    https://ibb.co/QFgzQXJ

• OlmerGrey
    19 posts

@seba84_2005
    Legends were true!
    Big flatfish and big mackerel really does exist.
    So... will you share with us this sacred knowledge? How and where exactly did you get them?
    Wish I could handle it the same way you did...

• DemonI81
    15 posts

@seba84_2005
    I hate when people say they figured out their problem but don't tell anyone how they did it.

What'd you do? Use a mod?

• grahamfischer
    5 posts

Community feedback seems like people cannot find big flatfish or mackerel anywhere. Also finding big hake and sturgeon are next to impossible and despawn in about 20 seconds to a minute. Also anytime i can actually get fish to spawn and i find a bunch i need, the spook mechanic from hooking a fish or shooting an arrow kills all my chances of getting them at the same time. I have to fast travel to the same location hoping the fish will be there again and there is nothing for about the next 4-5 fast travels and loading in and out of saves.

• boo-yah1907
    72 posts

@seba84_2005 yeah so??? how and where dude, ok you are the best now let us find them too

• boo-yah1907
    72 posts

@demoni81 cant help but thinking it might be fake

• seba84_2005
    9 posts

I fix this by using the inventory editor mod.

• boo-yah1907
    72 posts

@seba84_2005 using mods on a fresh aaa game like this... naah, i rather wait for them to fix it

• seba84_2005
    9 posts

@boo-yah1907 I will also wait for the fix. I have save before use mod. I mainly wanted to see if these fish exist in the game at all.

• dlmthree
    54 posts

There are so many things to fix that I am not seeing any improvement coming any time soon.

• Big fishes not spawning at all
    • Fishes suddenly despawning, even at the end of the line
    • Fishes having a life of their own and not responding to controls and pulls
    • Fishes swimming over your boat

At this point the easiest solution would be to put these fishes on vendors for 100 silver so we can finish our fishing requests and get our rewards.

• seba84_2005
    9 posts

@dlmthree I had no problem catching the big ones exscept for big flatfish and big mackerel.

In England, fish spawn depending on the weather. The sea must be calm. If the water has a white coating and there are large waves, there will be no fish and they will disappear right in front of your eyes. Last patch fix this problem in Norway.

• boo-yah1907
    72 posts

@seba84_2005 oh no it did not! once, dont remember where, there were 40-50 fish on one location i turned the camera walked a few steps turned back and all of them were gone...

Community details

Users
Topics