Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kormac67
    Original poster 948 posts

I have built every building in Ravensthorpe, including fowl, cattle, grain.
    Scouted with the raven, only green buildings are fowl, cattle, grain.
    Now I have raided the last monastery (Hamptun) and have 595 raw materials.
    I have expanded fowl, cattle, grain each twice. Now I have 70 raw left over and am still not at 6.
    Fowl, cattle, grain could each be expanded further (is that even normal?).
    Now what am I missing?
    I have completed all except Vinland, Glowecester, Winchester and Hamptun.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• iwajabitw
    23 posts

Same here except I only have Hamtunshire to finish. 99% is where the 5/6 bar looks to be at.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@kormac67 Here is your answer:

"I have completed all except Vinland, Glowecester, Winchester and Hamptun."

You get a small amount of resources from completing an alliance, it's not just the raids.

If you only raided everywhere, you would be short.

Gaining alliances everywhere should give you enough (I exactly had enough to reach settlement 6).

• Kormac67

@sofajockey So how many upgrades do the fowl cattle grain need? Three? It say "second and final upgrade" on Randvi's note.
    I have discovered an unraided monastery in the middle of Hamptun meanwhile.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@kormac67 I found that the letter in your room suggests it's a build plus two upgrades for:

Cattle, Grain and Fowl.

Whereas in fact I think each building takes 3 upgrades.

Fortunately, once the building is done, it can no longer be upgraded so just keep going.

• Kormac67

@sofajockey
    Yeah, got it to 6 today.
    In case anyone else is struggling:
    Cattle, Grain and Fowl can be upgraded three times each, for a cost of 85 + 90 + 90 raw materials. After that the sign vanishes correctly.
    So it's just a matter of an unclear description.
    A "level 1 of 4" display on the building signs would help as well of course. Bug-ridden as this game is people are lead to think they can upgrade infinitely (and lose their mats).

If you are closing in on finishing you have to finish the Glowecester arc for the materials and raid two monasteries in Hamptun.

• iwajabitw
    23 posts

Mine is still 99% 5/6 after the update Everything is upgraded and raided, all regions finished, except I am at the forward camp in hamptonshire, woth Gunthrum and Soma start Holy Days. It is what it is I guess. Just hope it gets a fix before the new improvements start.

• tashonix
    3 posts

@Kormac67 Thank you, I have been scouring the forums looking for this - I already had the cattle farm built prior to the Yule festival. On the weekend the sign mentioned upgrading to level 2, so I did that, saw the animation but didn't seem to notice if the settlement progress bar moved. I checked the sign again and it still had the same text about upgrading to level 2, but now that you mention it I think yes the raw materials amount was different. Went through with the upgrade again, got the animation, can't remember if the bar moved.

The sign still talks about upgrading to level 2, so I was wondering if this was a bug or just something that was missed and wasn't game enough to try it a third time in case I ran out of raw materials (still have a couple of arcs to finish and two monasteries). Exactly as you said, it makes it sound like it's an infinite upgrade and not that it is actually working, especially as the ledger in the longhouse doesn't seem to update either.

Suggested Topics