Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• randyesquirePS5
    Original poster 6 posts

See linked videos for examples of this in action - this is near constant on a new PS5

First one shows black artefacts which happen every few seconds, more in some areas, less in other areas

Second video was meant to capture the black artefacts as well, but as a bonus, i got my screen taken over by a plume of smoke, which used to happen before i reached england, where i foolishly thought it was something like a snowstorm.....haha!
    its not, it now happens every so often in England too - a pause and un-pause will clear the screen, but staying in that area usually means the smokescreen will return in a moment.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@randyesquireps5 The latest patch is released in a couple of hours. Might be an idea to see if that fixes this.

• randyesquirePS5
    Original poster 6 posts

@thoughttwenty
    Cheers mate

was wondering how many others had this as ive not seen this one before on clips or comments

Also, i was one of the PS5's that wouldnt run Spiderman Miles Morales (disc version) and refunded it to get Valhalla instead - so was hoping i havent got an all round shonky PS5 that i need to get fixed!

• Ryusennin
    96 posts

Sorry to say, but that looks typically like a hardware (maybe RAM) failure.

• randyesquirePS5
    Original poster 6 posts

@ryusennin
    GARHHHH - cheers for the input though mate

• randyesquirePS5
    Original poster 6 posts

@ryusennin Not happened in any other game i've tried (although all the others are PS4 games being played on PS5 off an external hard-drive)
    Still indicative of RAM issues?

• Ryusennin
    96 posts

Hard to tell, but it looks very much like artifacts from an overheating component (GPU, VRAM).

https://screenrant.com/ps5-crash-graphic-glitch-bug-artifacting-gpu-faulty/

• randyesquirePS5
    Original poster 6 posts

@ryusennin Yeah - that looks a LOT like that - glad i asked someone - will get on to sony and the shop i bought it from

All the best mate

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@randyesquireps5 Try with Astro's Playroom. That might show it as well.

• randyesquirePS5
    Original poster 6 posts

@thoughttwenty I played through a lot of Astro (maybe 60-70%) and don't recall seeing it on there

good point to bring up tho

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics