Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    538 posts
    A good portion of users will be happy because someone has finally made a fix that makes the game use full CPU power.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Valhalla#CPU_utilization_fix

Now it would be great if ubisoft "developers" implemented an official fix...

Never ever download an unverified DLL ..... It's just asking to be hacked ..... XInput9_1_0.dll is very commonly substituted by Malware to infect a system and get around anti-virus by masquerading as a legit Windows system file ......

Unless it comes from an official Microsoft server I sure wouldn't trust it ......

I seriously doubt a DLL for a gamepads is causing this problem

• T1GFX
    33 posts

@longjohn119 You sir really are one of a kind. Seems the computer basics class for seniors didn't pay off. As a matter of fact, you are getting hAcKeD right now because you installed a heap of Skyrim mods a year ago. I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your nonsense. Take it or leave it 🤡

• longjohn119
    538 posts
    @longjohn119 You sir really are one of a kind. Seems the computer basics class for seniors didn't pay off. As a matter of fact, you are getting hAcKeD right now because you installed a heap of Skyrim mods a year ago. I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your nonsense. Take it or leave it 🤡

I worked for a major computer manufacturer back in 1988-1992 ..... Other than laptops I have never bought a pre-built x86 computer ..... I got my BSEE in 1993 and my MSEE in 2000 ... I built my first computer an Altair 8800 in 1976-77 from a partial kit and got most of the parts as "floor sweepings" from IBM where my Uncle was a prototype engineer for 15 years

Skyrim mods aren't hackable ..... Texture mods are not hackable system files .... DLLs are core system files and one of the main ways malware and viruses are installed on computers ... The last time I had a successful virus or malware infection Bill Clinton was President

There are basically 2 official XInput9_1_0.dll files available from Microsoft .... one is 9kb and the other is 11 kb ..... The one you pointed to was 18 kb so it's obviously had code added to it and you can do a lot of damage with 7 kb - 9 kb of Assembly code

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    29 posts

@tyranusvader Look, gpu and cpu are around 50% all the time.
    My cpu is weak for the gpu i have. Like the title says, with my conf i had much higer fps before 1.1.0.
    After that very low, same settings.
    In raids i had around 40,now 30fps and less.
    Cpu was arounx 50 60, but gpu was always 99%
    And temp was higher then it is now.
    Its like my gpu(ours gpus, not just mine, cuz there are people on this threas that have same problem) aint even trying to work.

• TyranusVader
    102 posts

@sirwoldrenyt what's your CPU?

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    29 posts

@tyranusvader i54460 gtx 1060 6gb
    On medium and textures high i had solid 40-70fps
    40 in cities and raides, and up to 70 in forests and open fields.
    I have video dating before 1.1.0 patch it is linked somewherw here but its old post.
    Someguy here mentioned why its happening, its due to threadings.
    And he mentioned whole list of affected cpus. Mine is in the list.

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    29 posts

@t1gfx @Tyrandium this post I mean

• TyranusVader
    102 posts

@sirwoldrenyt A quad core, quad thread CPU. Still a somewhat decent one for gaming.

• RitzPaul94
    20 posts

still no fix....gg ubisoft

• T1GFX
    33 posts

@ritzpaul94 use the player made fix from [REMOVED]

If you have the same problem as me then this will definitely work for you.

• TyranusVader
    102 posts

Hi guys!

I may have found a solution to the stuttering problem!

It has to do with the cache in Connect.

My theory goes that old cache from the uPlay client days is conflicting with the recent cache generated by Connect resulting in diminishing performance with Connect which is then reflected in the performance of games that are tied to Connect like Valhalla.

When Connect was launched last October, my existing uPlay install was overwritten by the then new Connect install. I believe that the cache from uPlay was carried when it should have been deleted during the install.

Since "resetting" the cache, the performance in Valhalla is much smoother. It also resolved an issue where I wasn't getting notifications whenever I unlocked an achievement!

At this point, it doesn't hurt to give this a try. Here's the link to the article: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/emptying-the-cache-of-ubisoft-connect/000061966

Let me know how it goes?

SKAL!

• Voidolt
    20 posts

@t1gfx
    @TyranusVader

That didn't help me...
    They're gonna support 2 years on Valhalla, how they still haven't look forward to fix this issue that some people have? [censored] Ubisoft

• TyranusVader
    102 posts

@voidolt After a few hours, the stuttering for me came back, although it isn't as frequent 😕

• Snt.Grem
    27 posts

Stop looking for a solution, there is none! The problem is not with the launcher or the components of our PCs. The problem is in [censored], a fraudulent company that released update 1.1.0 without preliminary testing and at the same time did not leave us the opportunity to roll back to the working version 1.0.4. They've been pretending nothing is happening for half a year now, and even at E3 a few hours ago, none of these clowns admitted to cheating a lot of people, they just keep making paid content for the game that doesn't work.

• longjohn119
    538 posts
    @voidolt After a few hours, the stuttering for me came back, although it isn't as frequent 😕

It's a VRAM issue with streaming assets and the only way to fix it is with the base game engine code ..... The only fix is for Ubisoft to get their [censored] together .... same thing for the 78 "Unable to ...." bugs caused by broken game save code .....

Systemic problems have to be fixed on the Supplier side not the User side .... That's true whether it's hardware, automobiles or software

• longjohn119
    538 posts

@longjohn119 Speaking of automobiles I was reading an article in this month's IEEE Spectrum (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) trade magazine about software in modern automobiles. The Ford F-150 pickup truck has over 100 ECU computers on it with over 150 MILLION lines of code controlling them and most of them networked and "talking" to each other over a CAN (Controller Area Network) buss and it just works .....

And Ubisoft can't get a couple of major bugs fixed in a video game ......

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    29 posts

@tyranusvader meh nothing happens

• TyranusVader
    102 posts

@sirwoldrenyt Good to know 😕

• Voidolt
    20 posts

Since we are getting 2 years support of Valhalla, imagine if they never fix this problem... Just imagine.

• stoyandanov
    13 posts

To save your time, in patch 1.2.2 the issue is still not fixed.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics