Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheHumanSpectre
    5 posts

I love how they show up when Ubisoft announce, release or about to release an expansion.

• Snt.Grem
    33 posts

@UbiKobold
    I really hope that someday you will answer for your fraud. After 8 months, your false messages are no longer even funny. The level of arrogance is beyond praise.

• petek
    64 posts

15066513 ticket submitted
    @UbiKobold

• petek
    64 posts

@ubikobold  15066513 ticket submitted with requested info

• Voidolt
    32 posts

@ubikobold Here's the ticket number. 15066618

• petek
    64 posts

@ubikobold Okay so I got sent the same instructions as last time... I tried it then (and it didn't work either and I am not going through the hassle of creating a new user account and clean booting etc... I repeat the game was fine until 1.1.0 and is deteriorating if anything.... For anyone who wants to here's the suggested approach......

As the issue persists, in this case, could you please attempt the steps below?:

Firstly, run the System File Checker. You can find the instructions in the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files

In the event that the previous step did not solve the issue, please try running CHKDSK on your drives. To do this, please follow the instructions listed in the link below. Although this FAQ is referring to windows 7, please rest assured that you should be able to follow these instructions on windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2641432/check-your-hard-disk-for-errors-in-windows-7

In case your game still hasn't been able to run properly, could you please create a new Windows User profile with admin rights?
    For Windows 10, please follow this link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Afterwards, please perform a clean boot on your machine.
    For the steps to do this, please follow this article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929135

Once you are in your clean boot environment, please log into your new Windows profile then try launching the game again.

If after this the issue persists, we will need to take a closer look at how the performed steps affected your system. For that, please provide us with a fresh Dxdiag and Msinfo reports from the Clean Boot environment on the Admin account. 

Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else. We are here to help.

• longjohn119
    609 posts

@petek The last two steps tells me they have absolutely no idea what the problem is with the game .....

They need to check what they changed as far as CPU to GPU memory transfers ..... They mucked things up when they tried to add Resizable BAR to a game engine that just isn't capable of handling a new DX12/Windows API because it's so damned old ..... The game engine was built for DX11 and this is the first game they tried to add DX 12 support to plus the DX12 changed when they unified it (DX12 Ultimate) and again to support the new PCIe 4.0 CPU to GPU memory transfer abilities (Resizable BAR, Smart Memory Access) for PCs

This game engine is EoL .... It needs a complete rewrite from the ground up to take advantage of DX12 and modern hardware

Just for reference
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/direct3d12/memory-management

• longjohn119
    609 posts

@longjohn119 As you can see a game engine written for DX11 is completely different than one written for DX12

Another major advantage of DirectX 12 is that developers have more control over how their game utilizes the hardware. Earlier this was more abstract and was mostly taken care of by the drivers and the API (although some engines like Frostbyte and Unreal provided low-level tools as well). Now the task falls to the developers. They have closer to metal access, meaning that most of the rendering responsibilities and resource allocation are handled by the game engines with some help from the graphics drivers.
    This is a double-edged sword as there are multiple GPU architectures out in the wild and for indie devs, it’s impossible to optimize their game for all of them. Luckily, third-party engines like Unreal, CryEngine, and Unity do this for them and they only have to focus on designing.

In DirectX 11, the objects in the GPU pipeline exist across a wide range of states such as Vertex Shader, Hull Shader, Geometry shader, etc. These states are at times inter-dependent on one another and the next successive one can’t progress unless the previous stage is defined. Each of the objects in DirectX 11 needs to be defined individually (at runtime) and the next state can’t be executed until the previous one has been finalized as they require different hardware units (shaders vs ROPs, TMUs, etc). This effectively leaves the hardware under-utilized resulting in increased overhead and reduced draw calls.

DirectX 12 replaces the various states with Pipeline State Objects (PSO) which are finalized upon creation itself. These PSOs include the bytecode for all shaders including, vertex, pixel, domain, hull, and geometry shader and can be converted into any state as per requirement without depending on any other object or state. The PSOs can be dynamically switched to and fro from the registers by transferring a small amount of data.

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    40 posts

Here, again. gpu and cpu on half lol

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 636 posts

Hey there everyone.

Thank you petek and Voidolt for providing your ticket numbers. I have forwarded your files, images, and information to the Game team as they continue investigating this.

longjohn119, can you provide the ticket number where your DxDiag file is located? I would like to include this, along with the rest of the information that you have provided, in the investigation with the Game team.

CrimsonWolf-YT, much appreciated that you provided this image again. Would you mind providing your ticket number that has your DxDiag file as well?

Additionally, if anyone else is continuing to see FPS drops / low CPU and GPU utilization, please see my previous post on this thread and provide that information. However, if you have already provided your DxDiag file, your graphics settings, and an image of your running benchmark I would just like to thank you very much for all of your patience and for providing these details.

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    609 posts

@crimsonwolf-yt It's caused by an improper implementation of DX12 which uses both CPU cores as well as GPU memory transfers differently. This is a DX11 Game Engine from 2014 and Valhalla is the first game to try to use DX12 with this ancient game engine and it's obviously not working

One of the core advantages of low-level APIs like DirectX 12 and Vulkan is improved CPU utilization. Traditionally with DirectX 9 and 11 based games, most games only used 2-4 cores for the various mechanics: Physics, AI, draw-calls, etc. Some games were even limited to one. With DirectX 12 that has changed. The load is more evenly distributed across all cores, making multi-core CPUs more relevant for gamers.

Another major advantage of DirectX 12 is that developers have more control over how their game utilizes the hardware. Earlier this was more abstract and was mostly taken care of by the drivers and the API (although some engines like Frostbyte and Unreal provided low-level tools as well). Now the task falls to the developers. They have closer to metal access, meaning that most of the rendering responsibilities and resource allocation are handled by the game engines with some help from the graphics drivers.

In DirectX 11, the objects in the GPU pipeline exist across a wide range of states such as Vertex Shader, Hull Shader, Geometry shader, etc. These states are at times inter-dependent on one another and the next successive one can’t progress unless the previous stage is defined.
    Each of the objects in DirectX 11 needs to be defined individually (at runtime) and the next state can’t be executed until the previous one has been finalized as they require different hardware units (shaders vs ROPs, TMUs, etc). This effectively leaves the hardware under-utilized resulting in increased overhead and reduced draw calls.

DirectX 12 replaces the various states with Pipeline State Objects (PSO) which are finalized upon creation itself. These PSOs include the bytecode for all shaders including, vertex, pixel, domain, hull, and geometry shader and can be converted into any state as per requirement without depending on any other object or state. The PSOs can be dynamically switched to and fro from the registers by transferring a small amount of data.

• petek
    64 posts

@ubikobold Hi - I really can't stress how awful performance is compared to before the update. I really hope your technical guys are looking at a way to roll back

• Snt.Grem
    33 posts

Nobody is looking for anything, stop feeding these trolls, Thousands of players were deceived, I was deceived for 60 euros, I cannot play a product for which I paid a lot of money. It just doesn't work. AND THESE CLOWNS ARE ALREADY FOR 8 MONTHS COME HERE IN SEQUENCE AND TELL HOW THEY TRANSFER INFORMATION TO THE PROGRAMMERS AND LOOK FOR A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM!

It's just that one day someday they will introduce criminal liability, it will happen sooner or later, and then the likes of [censored] will get what they deserve. And alas, this project is all, I sympathize with everyone who suffered with me from this organized criminal group, but they will not correct their curves and poor updates.

• petek
    64 posts

...and yes the latest patch didn't fix anything.... really is a pity games don't come with a warranty..... I will not buy ubisoft again - this is ridiculous

• T1GFX
    38 posts

Here come the worthless tech support again. I saw them remove the only fix for dealing with CPU being stuck at 50% util. (made by a community member) and then they went radio silent for a few weeks again. I won't be providing my case ID again, I've sent it more than 3 times already and they have done nothing about it.

Those who are stuck on 50% CPU in game, navigate to pc gaming wiki ac valhalla's page and apply the fix. Simple as that. Can't post the link here because the "support" team have a hard-on for making sure you waste $800 on new AMD hardware instead of fixing the game. If you have massive stutters at the start of loading a savegame then you can blame ubisoft (once again) because they are performing checks on potentially cheated items which make your system unusable for a good few minutes.

• RitzPaul94
    35 posts

I can't even say anything about ubisoft because they banned me from this forum thrice already for silly reasons, steam forums are much better, never buying anything from ubisoft ever again.

Now I will wait for them to ban me again.

• RitzPaul94
    35 posts

@petek With each update they are killing the performance of this game.

• alphamachina
    42 posts

These clowns do this with every single bug. I actually don't think they have anyone bug fixing this game. Every single post I see about bugs, the customer service guys continuously push the idea that it's something wrong with the end user and not something they've done with their [censored] poor excuse for programming. The bug about Eivor's voice being louder than everyone else's? That's been going on since December and they've done exactly jack [censored] to fix it, and are still to this day, despite it happening across ALL PLATFORMS AND ALL HARDWARE CONFIGURATIONS, saying that it has something to do with what audio device you're using. [censored] jokers.

• stoyandanov
    16 posts

@t1gfx Wow, just managed to complete 2 hours of gameplay with version 1.3.0 and this 3rd party DDL fix. Experience no issues even during heavy raids, all of the time I had stable frames at custom medium details with GTX1060-3G and Xeon X5680, Windows 11 Insider Preview with Moonlight game steaming.
    So if 9Kb DDL can fix the game, we know what the case is 😉

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    40 posts

@stoyandanov Is it safe?? xd

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics