Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • TChris96
    14 posts

@snt-grem They actually have everything neccessary to do a rollback since they presumably use some version-control system. The main pont is that they do not want to and that is what the problem is.

• PHLFANJAN
    2 posts

I can't provide a Dxdiag or settings because I am already away for Christmas, but I can confirm that I am having the same issue. I have a fairly low end rig for today's standards (GTX 1060 6GB, i5-4670k, 8GB of really slow DDR3 RAM, and a SATA SSD) but until the new patch came out the games was still running at a decent 60FPS most of the time, with pretty high settings in 1080p.

As everyone already said, issue is simply that the CPU is not utilized properly anymore. My CPU doesn't go above 50% usage anymore and FPS are awful. I am REALLY disappointed in Ubi. This better be fixed before the Christmas holidays start.

• SneakyAgent
    4 posts

@easytarget2kill 22 fps with a 3080? What settings do have it set to? I have a 1070 on an ultrawide 1440p and I get those same frames on high but usually just in larger towns.

• PHLFANJAN
    2 posts

@sneakyagent GPU doesn't matter, we are all bottlenecked by CPU usage right now

• EasyTarget2kill
    8 posts

@sneakyagent My CPU starts off at the normal clocks. When I start the game for some reason the game power limit throttles my cpu and it drops it to 800Mhz. It may be something on my end but Valhalla and Odyssey both causes my cpu to take a dump. I can play CP2077 on ultra setting and get 70-80 fps at 1440p. Cod cold war I get 190 fps on max setting. Its just ubisoft games that causes my cpu to be throttled.

• IIP4goII
    1 posts

Gently speaking I am not happy with the latest patch. MY CPU usage is between 37%-50% [censored] is this? Fix it ASAP!

• RebelOfWar
    8 posts

Bjorn (the recruitable character from the pre-order bonus mission) is still bugged and automatically gets replaced by another Jormsviking of your crew as soon as you Fast Travel or reload your savegame.

FIX him already... been three patches since launch day and I still can't have him as a permanent crew member on the longship. "Pre-order quality content".

• basu877
    1 posts

Same problem for me..the frame rate drops to 30 most of the time. Before I was easily getting close to 60 fps on average before the patch 1.1.0..on a 2070 Super & i5 7600k
    @ubisoft - please fix this hell. cant play the game.
    Both CPU and GPU utilizations are very low.

• RivereyesGR
    10 posts

Thank you all for the sanity check. I was playing at around 45fps 4k/ultra on a 5900/2080 Super combo pre patch and the Yule fest drops me down to 20 and keeps me there.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 148 posts

Thanks for your reports so far folks, they've helped the team a great deal with their investigation. If we require any additional information from you on this we'll be sure to let you know but please do keep the reports coming. Cheers!

Official Response
  • mescalito12
    3 posts

Severe fps drop after the latest update! CPU and GPU at ~50% (i5 4 cores, gtx 1660)

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@ubi-orion Hello thats nice to see 🙂 and do you have some information about date when things could be fixed and game playable again? Will it be till Christmas or we will have to wait longer for some fix patch?

• Glykq
    8 posts

i5 3570 /1070/16 fps 33 patch 1.1.0
    fps 50-60 patch 1.0.4
    No more buying enough bullying

• ryankwaker
    38 posts

@ubi-orion thank you for the response!!!
    CPU is running only 50 percent or less whenever we play acv 1.1.0.....a lot of us, including me, think that is the major problem.

• Glykq
    8 posts

@glykq disappointed in Ubi

• EasyTarget2kill
    8 posts

Just wondering if anyone can use CPUID and see if the game is underclocking your cpu when the game is running? I'm just wondering if I'm having the same issue as everyone else or something totally different.

• Snt.Grem
    24 posts

@easytarget2kill
    When you switch from a game to a different window (in this case, the CPUID), the load on the hardware drops because the game pauses. CPUID is not a very practical monitoring tool. Use MSI Afterburner or FPS Monitor with in-game screen overlay.

• Snt.Grem
    24 posts

@ubi-orion
    When can we play again?

• kvsh88
    49 posts

yep can confirm i have the same issue as well. CPU not getting utilized fully and also the GPU

• Peterfogaren
    4 posts

Aprox date for fix Ubisoft? People are getting irretated about the lack of response regarding aprox timeframe for fix.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics