Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I have not been able to return to this thread recently, but thank you all for your continued updates and information. We have been forwarding up your files to the Game team as they further investigate this issue. I am very sorry for any trouble that this may be causing in the meantime, but please know that it is something we are working hard to resolve. I do understand just wanting to play your game smoothly and with a consistent and higher FPS. If you have not provided your case number here with your system files, please post it so we can continue forwarding up your info.

Additionally, we have seen a couple of reports with this happening on other platforms. If you do not play on PC, please provide a video of your gameplay that shows these FPS drops and let me know if they are happening in the same areas of the map or if they are random. For videos, you can post them to YouTube as unlisted and then provide the link here.

Official Response
  • brad_lawther
    10 posts

Hi folks, I had the same low fps issue with the 1.1.0 update. I don't know if my solution will help other people, but I was able to resolve the low frame rates. I have a rtx 3090 and a 7700K intel cpu. Ac Valhalla was running great until the 1.1.0 update, then frame rates dropped from mid-80's to low teens. I figured out the issue because I was remotely logged in to my machine using RDP and ran Ac Valhalla. Suddenly, I was back getting mid-80's frame rates with the 1.1.0 patch. So I guessed there might be an issue with the onboard intel gpu. The intel gpu was disabled (not visible) in the windows device manager, however I needed to go into the bios and disable it from there. Once I did that and booted windows, AC Valhalla was back to mid 80's FPS.

I hope this helps others, if not hopefully the next update from Ubisoft addresses this issue.

• Slevexz
    79 posts

@brad_lawther How much of CPU and GPU usage?

• Inu86
    2 posts

@UbiKobold
    Hello!

I'd like to report the same as other people have been reporting: After update 1.1.0 the performance has degradated A LOT. I can't even get a stable, constant 30fps gameplay session.
    As requested, below follow a brief description of the environment where the game is executed:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700x (not overclocked), RTX 3080, 16GB of RAM, Samsung EV 970 480GB
    • Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition
    • Windows 10 (18363.1256)
    • NVIDIA Geforce 461.09

Other than this post, i've submitted a case 13830605 along with my DXDiag and MSInfo, as requested.

• T1GFX
    33 posts
  • x22_zoso
    7 posts

damn

• PC: ~6.45 GB 

lets see.

• UbiKobold

@brad_lawther Thank you for sharing this information! I've forwarded this up to the Game team as that may be helpful towards their resolution. If you have anything else to add, please let me know!

Official Response
  • UbiKobold

Thank you, Inu86 for providing all of this! I've passed along your information as well.

Also, yes there is an update tomorrow for the game! If you continue to experience drops in FPS and a CPU usage issue after the update, please let us know and provide your system files in a support case if you have not already.

Official Response
  • Slevexz
    79 posts

Finally an update, i hope it will fix our problems

• ShockB0lt
    13 posts

Here's hoping it's finally fixed, haven't played this game in over a month waiting for a patch

• Slevexz
    79 posts

The only thing worries me is the fact that i dont see any notes about this issue

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

Guys i like you all after the month of nice talk here 😄 but hope we will not have to meet here again after tomorrow 😄

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

Well, this is exciting news. Lets hope this fixes it!

• kvsh88
    49 posts

Keeping my fingers (and hidden blades) crossed

• kvsh88
    49 posts

@slevexz well acc to me. They couldn't officially acknowledge that they goofed up after an update because it's bad for PR, kinda like what happened with age of empires 3 de horrible bug that could wipe users hard drive. They did fix it but never mentioned it clearly.

• FierceJeopardy
    10 posts

Nothing's written in the patch note so I wouldn't get my hopes up...

Anyway, as I said in a previous comment: I've had this issue since the game launch, but I found a workaround (that might work for you too?). I simply restart my computer before launching the game, and that garantees me like 2h of gameplay without any FPS drop. Maybe that can help some of yous... !

• ruanseth
    32 posts

@ubikobold Thank you... Great news to hear an update is finally going to be released, which, hopefully, will resolve the performance issues the patch introduced. I will report back as soon as possible after it's released with my results.... Fingers crossed I can enjoy the game properly once again.

• Snt.Grem
    27 posts

It will not solve anything. The upcoming update will only bring more problems because they are not testing their patches. No more trust, this was my last purchase from ubisoft. Good luck everyone, but I'm not going to get involved in this anymore.

• ruanseth
    32 posts

@fiercejeopardy That is a different issue though. The problem discussed here is the post 1.1.0 performance loss. I honestly could play for many hours in one session with no performance issues at all prior to 1.1.0, but it seems like some configs may, for whatever reason, be susceptible to some sort of memory leak. Maybe the forthcoming patch will sort those out too.

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@Snt-Grem

Lets be optimistic , they write there that the patch should improve performance (that can cover this issue) so maybe this one update will be the real improvement and not the reverse as a last one...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics