Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • ShockB0lt
    13 posts

@T1GFX At this point, i'm happy if they come in and ask the pointless stuff all over again, better than this dead silence after a update they claim that should've fixed the problem.

• longjohn119
    469 posts
    @zarael1721 yeah, the mods are just screwing with us. Hopefully, devs see this thread.

The Mods are just following the procedure laid out to them by management ......

Just like the game itself and Cyberpunk 2077 the problem is 90% management ..... The Mods are just doing what their managers/bosses tell them to do ..... There are probably at least 2 more layers of hierarchy between the moderators and the Developers ..... The Moderators and the Developers aren't even in the same country

This is why I quit working for large corporations and went out and started my own small engineering business ..... There are so many layers of bull hockey in a large Corporation they really aren't any different than Government, sometimes even worse because they don't have to answer to voters every few years

• Slevexz
    79 posts

@shockb0lt They come here once every 15 days, easiest job on the planet

• Slevexz
    79 posts

@longjohn119 Exacly, they dont know [censored] about what is going on, that is way they keep asking useless information.

• Noonbaug
    2 posts

I just ran the benchmark at 720p and it gives me the SAME fps as 1080p. This really highlights the cpu utilization issue.

Benchmark avg at 720p And 1080p were both 62 FPS.

High preset, motion blur disabled, low AA
    i5-6600k OC to 4.6ghz
    1070ti
    16GB DDR4 Ram 2667mhz (OC)

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

@zarael1721
    Yeah, I dont know what to say or o anymore

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

@plan3tcrackr

They really need to pull it together!

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

Hello,
    guys i did test today the performance on several locations and my conclusion is very weird.... I did notice again what we already know that the worst performance and lowest FPS after patch 1.1.0 is in the villages and towns as i thought on locations with many NPCs....

But then i tryed go into Asgard and i was like [censored] how is posible that in Agard my FPS didnt change??? In Asgrad even between NPCs i still have between 50 - 60 FPS without changing my settings and the FPS there i think is similar as before 1.1.0.... AND WHAT MORE in comparation to villages and locations with NPCs in England my GPU USAGE DIDNT GO LOWER THAN 70%... mostly arround 80% - 95% ........ In villages and towns i have usually after 1.1.0 arround 30 - 40 FPS and my GPU usage cant go above 60% mostly .... sometimes is even 40%....

CPU usage was in the Asgard same arround 55% as in the rest of England...

Can someone confirm to me that in Asgard is FPS much higher even between NPCs and seems to be same as before 1.1.0 ?

• SirWoldrenYT
    25 posts

@zarael1721 sadly I didn't get to that part..

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

Confirmed they didn't fix [censored] lol. See you all in one year, maybe the game is playable by then.

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

@zarael1721
    I think my GPU % is also a little higher, I'm still not getting that many FPS in Asgard. Around 40-45 FPS. But then again, Asgard was pretty laggy even on 1.0.4
    But the GPU is higher in Asgard 😃 CPU still low. Low all over the place!

Is stil laggy. Laggy laggy laggggyyyyy!!!!!!!

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@peterlaub , @SirWoldrenYT
    Well to me i think Asgard is only one place with NPCs what i did discover where i can get still above 50FPS and my GPU usage is above 70% (Unfortunately there is nothing to do in Asgard :D.....).... its crazy how they broke the performance after releasing 1.1.0 .....

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

I got message today from support guy on email after i wrote him that the problem still wasnt fixed .......

Ubi-CosmicCat @Ubisoft Support wrote: Jan 18, 2021 at 04:16 AM ESTHello again Zarael1721,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We are aware of that some players are experiencing FPS drops and Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and we are investigating this situation.

Once additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum at:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/…lla

I hope that answers your questions and if you have any further queries, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
    Ubi-CosmicCat
    Ubisoft Support

• Slevexz
    79 posts

@zarael1721 They are always investigating, never fixing

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@slevexz

Well they are starting to be a bit predictable already with their responses 😄 maybe thats why they stoped respond on here completely...

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

@zarael1721

He is refering to a link that dosent work.

Nice 😭

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@peterlaub

Yes, thats maybe whole problem here.... they are posting regurarly new informations about our issue but on page what doesnt exists 😄

• Slevexz
    79 posts

They can pretend they dont see this, we gonna keep bring this up

• brad_lawther
    10 posts

First, I'd just like to say how much I enjoy playing the Assassins' Creed series. I've played Origins and Odyssey on my PS4 pro, and am amazed at the level of detail and quality of the graphics. 

I recently purchased a 3090 Nvidia GPU, and bought AC Valhalla on my PC so that I could play the game in 4K. I was surprised at the low frame rates I was getting, as other AAA games I own (i.e. Jedi Fallen Order, Project Cars 2) run at very high frame rates.

Using the NVidia overlay, I was able to determine my CPU was running at nearly 100%, and my GPU was running at low-30's. I decided to run a few benchmarks using the Intel XTU utility, and to my surprise I noticed that whenever I run Valhalla my CPU drops to 800 MHz and I get excessive power limit throttling even though the processor is sitting well under the thermal threshold.
    undefined

So I disabled Intel SpeedStep from the bios, expecting that would correct the problem, but the issue continues to occur.

I have found a work-around to the issue. After I load Valhalla and the CPU drops to 800 MHz, I run XTU (intel extreme tuning utility) and change the "Turbo Boost Power Max" up or down by .25 W and apply the changes. After that, the game runs great I get over 100 FPS using ultra settings on a 1440p monitor and no more throttling.

undefined

This is clearly a game issue with Intel-based CPU's. I can see in the Ubisoft forums hundreds of other people with a similar problem. I hope Ubisoft is able to correct this issue in the next update, as least for now I'm actually able to play the game and enjoy it in 4k. I hope this helps others.

• longjohn119
    469 posts

@brad_lawther
    That's exactly what I've been trying to get across to people for the last month .... The problem is NOT CPU or GPU utilization, the problem is the clock speeds (and likely CPU voltages) are getting locked in a power savings mode .... My guess is someone set a compiler switch wrong and the game EXE is telling the CPU to go into power savings mode ..... What you are doing basically overrides the instruction to go into power savings mode

This illustrates a problem in that many programmers don't really understand how the hardware actually works

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics