Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@longjohn119
    @Slevexz

Honestly their shedule is terrible and they are killing their own game ... because by dont releasing hotfix for already such a long time people will loss any kind of interest to this game... and they will just delete not working game from pc... If AC Valhalla isnt one of my most favourite games i already would do ít too...

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

IF YOU MADE A TICKET, AND THE PROBLEM ISN'T FIXED, MAKE SURE YOU LET THEM KNOW!!!!!!
    Take a look at this mail exchange:
    ( I removed some of the Links, UBISOFT, got their share amount of links!!!!)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

peterlaub
    January 16, 2021 9:05 AM

Hi Ubisoft.

The problem has not been fixed since the lastest TU to 1.1.1.
    I, and many other are still experecing Constant FPS drop, due to low CPU and GPU utilization.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88876/pc-after-tu-1-1-0-i-am-experiencing-fps-drops-low-cpu-and-gpu-utilisation?lang=en-US

Sincerly the Danish Viking

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ubi-Slam @ Ubisoft Support
    January 16, 2021 12:58 PM

Hello Danish Viking,
    Thank you for contacting us back.
    I am sorry to hear that the issue persists for you, after the latest patch.
    We can confirm that the patch should have fixed this.
    Please ensure that you are on the latest update.
    We have also checked your system files, and it appears that your CPU is slightly below the minimum requirements, when it comes to the Ghz performance.
    With this in mind, it is possible for you to experience some FPS issues, depending on the settings that you have selected.
    If the FPS drops are too large, please contact us back with a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings, as well as a video of the issue.
    In the meantime, should you require further assistance, we remain at your disposal.

Kind regards
    Ubi-Slam
    Ubisoft Support
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

peterlaub
    January 17, 2021 4:05 AM

Dear Ubi-Slam / Ubisoft
    Thank you for replying.

I totaly agree, that a CPU below the requiriments could result in
    low FPS, That does not change the fact that on my custom setting, on
    TU 1.0.4 I was getting 55-60 FPS i Ravensthrope ( now is more like 35-40 FPS)
    I do not have any video of gamplay in Valhalla 1.0.4 you'll just have to take my word for it!

If you take a gaze upon this thread, you would also see, that a lot a people with better CPUs are also affected by the problem.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88876/pc-after-tu-1-1-0-i-am-experiencing-fps-drops-low-cpu-and-gpu-utilisation?lang=en-US

I made you guys alot of videos, from Low settings, all the way up to Ultra settings.
    Also one with my custom settings. ( the one I used to play with, and could get 50+ FPS in towns)
    ( On low settings, the FPS seems to be equivalent to my Custom settings FPS wise)

Low settings    (not public):
    Medium settings (not public):

High Settings   (not Public):
    Very High Settings (not Public):
    Ultra Settings: (not Public):
    Custom Settings: (not Public):

the common denominator would seem to be the Low CPU utilization ( and also the low GPU). Even when you put in on low, the CPU dosn't get utilized proberly.

As you can se in the videos, I can get a pretty solid FPS outside any town, but as soon as I enter a city ( in these videos its only Ravensthrope, but it dosent matter wheter is Lundun or some other town)
    I get a FPS drop.
    Of Course it would be expectede due to the fact, that there are more objectes, more AI to load, and so on,
    But let me please remind you, that on Valhalla 1.0.4 this problem did not occur! or at least the FPS wasn't so drastic.

There is also a video for you guys of the Benchmark test on Custom settings (not Public):

if you would like to compare it with TU 1.1.0 here is a link to my YT Video ( this one's public. Sorry guys 😖😞

I am looking forward to an answer, and hopefully also an solution 😄

Sincerly Peter Laub
    A.K.A The Danish viking
    (ps, as a little Bonus bug, I got stuck in the hay on Medium settings. Reloading the game, seems to fix this 😄)
    (PPS: I spend a lot of time making these videos and uploading them, please put them to good use! Thank you 😄)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ubi-Knight @ Ubisoft Support
    January 17, 2021 9:11 AM

Hello peterlaub,
    Welcome to Ubisoft Support.
    Thank you very much for the provided information and videos.
    Please make sure to not have any background applications running when playing the game as they may effect FPS performance as well.

If the issue persists, please provide us with your updated system files.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience.
    If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Kind Regards,
    Ubi-Knight
    Ubisoft Support
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

peterlaub
    January 17, 2021 9:30 AM

Hi again again.

Just to clarify, the only background application i have got running is UPlay, and Msi overclocking ( to show you guys the numbers)

What do you mean with, your updated system files?
    I've already provided my DXdiag, and MSinfo? did they change since last time? the only thing that changede was your update to the game 😄
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@peterlaub

Its just unbelievable.... So they really thought this patch 1.1.1 fixed the FPS drop what patch 1.1.0 caused ?? They did send you the email yesterday does it mean they didnt watch into this thread since 1.1.1 is out to confirm if the issue persist? Its really pathetic that ubi support has almost zero comunication with ubi dev team but thats already known fact and what is even more pathetic is that they dont know what is happening on their own webside and consider issues as resolved after patch without confirming it on the thread..... (here was already in day of the patch many of responds that the patch didnt resolve the issue ...)

Please UBISOFT thats not funny anymore...

And we as a idiots have to send them some tickets again and again every 4 days to remind them that new item pack for helix points didnt resolve the FPS drop issue?

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

@peterlaub The canned responses, same responses coming days later from different staff, seemingly lack of knowledge of this gigantic thread with ticket numbers and correspondence and support chat and other methods of support being unattainable for many is disheartening. What a [censored] show.

Your GPU utilization is is in the 90's% when playing in the hay with 70 FPS yet tanks to 60% utilization and 35 FPS when in town. It would be nice to get some acknowledgment of the problem instead of being told, erm, turn off background applications.

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@plan3tcrackr
    @peterlaub

I did realize my GPU usage in vilages and towns is lower more than 20% than outside of cities too.... Cpu usage is usually simillar... But its weird that GPU usage is so much lower on places with NPCs... It should be between 90% - 100% all the time and in Wincestre is my GPU usage even arround 40% and the FPS is lowest...

• Slevexz
    79 posts

@zarael1721 The funny thing is the fact we provide those infos december 15, how can be possible they still dont know about the problem? Maybe even the dev game team dont know about this, i mean if we gonna trust the mods here it's possible that the information didnt even went to dev team. Sounds like their staff is so bad they dont even share information with other areas

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@Slevexz

Thats why i wanted they add it between megathreads and known issues what they did one or two days before releasing patch 1.1.1 or something like that ... Because there is chance that someone directly from dev team who cares about the game and whos job is performance of AC VALHALLA will watch on here if not between normal threads so at least between megathreads and will realize the issue is here...

For now it seems like if support team from here send our messages and reports about issue straight into trash folder the results is same as if they send it to dev team which is more than sad isnt it?

• dodokjv
    21 posts

@zarael1721 yeah, the mods are just screwing with us. Hopefully, devs see this thread.

• Kormac67
    621 posts

@dodokjv No devs watch this forum, that's what the CMs are for.

• T1GFX
    34 posts

I can't wait for a manager to reply to this thread in a few hours for the 5th week in a row asking for pointless stuff that doesn't even get delivered to the dev team 🙂

By the way, I simulated playing the game on 2x less cores through process affinity and the performance was exactly the same. That should never happen CPU bound situations - is DRM at fault? It could also explain why the dev team can't reproduce this bug - if they are on non-denuvo game builds of course.

• ShockB0lt
    13 posts

@T1GFX At this point, i'm happy if they come in and ask the pointless stuff all over again, better than this dead silence after a update they claim that should've fixed the problem.

• longjohn119
    547 posts
    @zarael1721 yeah, the mods are just screwing with us. Hopefully, devs see this thread.

The Mods are just following the procedure laid out to them by management ......

Just like the game itself and Cyberpunk 2077 the problem is 90% management ..... The Mods are just doing what their managers/bosses tell them to do ..... There are probably at least 2 more layers of hierarchy between the moderators and the Developers ..... The Moderators and the Developers aren't even in the same country

This is why I quit working for large corporations and went out and started my own small engineering business ..... There are so many layers of bull hockey in a large Corporation they really aren't any different than Government, sometimes even worse because they don't have to answer to voters every few years

• Slevexz
    79 posts

@shockb0lt They come here once every 15 days, easiest job on the planet

• Slevexz
    79 posts

@longjohn119 Exacly, they dont know [censored] about what is going on, that is way they keep asking useless information.

• Noonbaug
    2 posts

I just ran the benchmark at 720p and it gives me the SAME fps as 1080p. This really highlights the cpu utilization issue.

Benchmark avg at 720p And 1080p were both 62 FPS.

High preset, motion blur disabled, low AA
    i5-6600k OC to 4.6ghz
    1070ti
    16GB DDR4 Ram 2667mhz (OC)

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

@zarael1721
    Yeah, I dont know what to say or o anymore

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

@plan3tcrackr

They really need to pull it together!

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

Hello,
    guys i did test today the performance on several locations and my conclusion is very weird.... I did notice again what we already know that the worst performance and lowest FPS after patch 1.1.0 is in the villages and towns as i thought on locations with many NPCs....

But then i tryed go into Asgard and i was like [censored] how is posible that in Agard my FPS didnt change??? In Asgrad even between NPCs i still have between 50 - 60 FPS without changing my settings and the FPS there i think is similar as before 1.1.0.... AND WHAT MORE in comparation to villages and locations with NPCs in England my GPU USAGE DIDNT GO LOWER THAN 70%... mostly arround 80% - 95% ........ In villages and towns i have usually after 1.1.0 arround 30 - 40 FPS and my GPU usage cant go above 60% mostly .... sometimes is even 40%....

CPU usage was in the Asgard same arround 55% as in the rest of England...

Can someone confirm to me that in Asgard is FPS much higher even between NPCs and seems to be same as before 1.1.0 ?

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    31 posts

@zarael1721 sadly I didn't get to that part..

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

Confirmed they didn't fix [censored] lol. See you all in one year, maybe the game is playable by then.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics