Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • brad_lawther
    10 posts

I can't comment on whether this issue was present for me prior to 1.1.0 because I just started playing the game 2 weeks ago. However, I can say that once I fix the low power mode issue, my cpu utilisation hovers around 65% and GPU sits at around 98%. I get 65 fps @4k resolution and the game works great. It's a hassle to manually adjust the power each time I start the game, but at least now I can enjoy playing at 4k.

• T1GFX
    32 posts

@brad_lawther Xbox Series S/X users are hurt by this too as seen in this thread. Most just don't notice it due to the slow nature of controllers and 90% of the game being outside cities, making CPU cry less. Also factor in not knowing the great performance of 1.04 and get the result of having a major bug being ignored by the dev team.

• brad_lawther
    10 posts

@t1gfx the workaround I suggested will only work if your symptoms are the same. If you notice the cpu frequency dropping significantly lower than your non-turbo (base) clock speed then possibly you can try the work around.

• grasum
    4 posts

OK. Not sure how many of you are using Logitech G Hub, but try shutting it down before starting to play Valhalla. This fixed the problem for me. I've been playing the game for a week plus now with no FPS drop or stuttering.
    This is pretty crazy anyway since you can see my specs in the image above. I don't get why the CPU would tank so hard.

I'd guess there are at least a dozen people here that are probably using some Logitech peripherals and have G Hub installed. Give it a shot.

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@grasum

I think your ptoblem was a bit diferent than ours but thanks for tips ;)... our problem of FPS drop isnt caused by any other program in pc its caused by releasing patch 1.1.0 (because till that patch everything worked perfectty) .... Most probably some optimalization bug affecting cpu and gpu utilization of certain generation of Intel or Gpu.....

• dignite_
    5 posts

It's been more than a month and I cannot use a product that I've paid for. I wonder when video game companies will start being held accountable for such things. Because right now no one and nothing is holding them accountable. They get your money and just don't give a flyer anymore.

• nygmeth
    2 posts

@dignite_ I can't help but feel the same way. I'm glad you said it.

• longjohn119
    484 posts
    It's been more than a month and I cannot use a product that I've paid for. I wonder when video game companies will start being held accountable for such things. Because right now no one and nothing is holding them accountable. They get your money and just don't give a flyer anymore.

Have you ever really read a software license or guarantee? Or better compare it to the standard of a hardware guarantee? This is been a problem for 25 years or more, the standard for guarantees is ridiculously low for software compared to other products ..... If someone put out a car or refrigerator or computer that was this systemically broken they get their pants sued off .... Can you imagine a car whose engine shut off for no apparent reason every 15-30 minutes? Or couldn't do over 30 MPH? Or a refrigerator that could only lower the temperature to 50 degrees (Or 10 degrees for our friends outside the US)

If you read a software license/guarantee and parse the lawyerese what you find is all they basically promise you is you will get something that has "1's" and "0's" in it and nothing else is guaranteed ......

• HarleySkin
    1 posts

I have the same problem. Bought Valhalla yesterday and playing on Geforce Now, after 45 - 60 minutes frames are dropping and game is stuttering. All other Ubisoft games are working fine.

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

@longjohn119 Can confirm once again. I've looked at the CPU Utilization % in Intel Extreme Tuning and it gets cap at around 70% at all time. When you go to any city or town, the FPS tanks hardcore. Meanwhile, other games see the % going over 80% at all time.

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

Guys when do you think we will get some Fix finally ? Its already more than month and still not even one lead what could tell us there will be some fix for it... And all support guys better did disappear from here... Its just terrible feeling keeping us in dark knowing nothing if they will fix what they did mess off... For now only hard level of ignoration ... i did buy working product played it for more than 100 hours then patch messed off the playability of the game and they are still not able give us fix or any kind of compensation... i dont have words for this kind of bad manners of this company anymore

• longjohn119
    484 posts
    @longjohn119 Can confirm once again. I've looked at the CPU Utilization % in Intel Extreme Tuning and it gets cap at around 70% at all time. When you go to any city or town, the FPS tanks hardcore. Meanwhile, other games see the % going over 80% at all time.

I'm sure that's true for many older CPUs or those with only 4 or 6 cores and no hyperthreading/SMT ..... But if you have 6/12 or a 8/16 CPU and a high end graphics card with highest settings then your GPU is going to limit your ultimate CPU usage **if** the game is properly programmed and optimized .... That of course leaves out Valhalla as well as CP 2077 right now .... As well as games like RDR2 PC and HZD PC the first couple of months after they came out (They are both pretty good now though especially HZD that had near weekly updates for 2 months straight)

• nygmeth
    2 posts

For those of you using Xbox Controllers: CHANGE INPUT MODE FROM "HYBRID" TO "XBOX CONTROLLER"

• EasyTarget2kill
    8 posts

@brad_lawther Thanks bro! I can now play without my cpu core speed dropping to 800Mhz. Made my FPS go from 26 fps to 100 fps at 1440p. Thanks again for the info and hopefully they fix this in the next patch.

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

Well, its a good thing to see, that some people are able to make a work around.

My CPU dosent drop to 800 mhz, so thats not my problem, I personaly cant fix it via Intel Extrem Tuning. Buts its great to see someone being able too!!

Now Ubisoft, please, please Fix it for the rest of us!

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@peterlaub

Yesterday i just did read that dev team is focused on geting out DLC soon.... start doubting that they wanna fix this on first place...

• Slevexz
    79 posts

They'll do what makes money, [censored] all of us who have problems, they will focus on their dlc

• ilker.BaHaR
    10 posts

Hello. The issue I want to mention is about the graphics card cooler working at 100%. After the last update, the video card cooler is not working 100% in cut scenes and loading screen. When running 60% and / 5 in the game, this causes the video card's fan to work 100% in the loading screen and cutscenes. my graphics card is the RX 5700. This situation did not exist before the last update. I hope you get a solution to this situation.

• brad_lawther
    10 posts

@easytarget2kill that's great I'm happy my post has helped 😊.

I found another more permanent fix. In your bios, find the setting which controls the Intel ® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework. Each motherboard will have a slightly different way to disable this.

Below is a link which describes what it is:
    https://01.org/intel%C2%AE-dynamic-platform-and-thermal-framework-dptf-chromium-os/overview

I carefully limit the power drawn by my cpu in the BIOS and use water cooling, so for me disabling the DPTF is relatively safe. If you set the power drawn in your bios to be the same as your cpu TDP (for my cpu it's 91W), your cpu should not overheat and therefore never really need the DPTF. If you're not using water cooling, I would not recommend disabling this feature.

Now when I play, I don't even need to use the XTU the game loads and runs normally.

Ideally, Ubisoft should release a fix for this as their game should not trigger DPTF during initial load. But for now, with this workaround, my system is stable and the game runs great I'm getting over 60 FPS ultra settings @4k. Amazing game, the development effort required to create a game like this must be massive. I've spent several hundred dollars playing this game and upgrading my gear, I'm more than happy to spend money on a game with this level of quality. Keep up the good work Ubisoft, hopefully others in this forum with different issues will get a fix soon.

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

@brad_lawther

Nice to hear that you was able resolve your issue and unfortunately i did spend lot of money for gear etc too and then they took the playability of the game away from me by that fu.ckin patch 1.1.0 and after more than month i think i can say i was patience more than enough and i consider this as robery of the first class by ubisoft and that they pretend to dont see this thread and dont even react to that and can afford working on DLCS to releas it asap instead of giving us ONE FUCKI:NG FIX to can play for what we payed with money and time ..... thats so disgusting and makes me want vomiting how low and pathetic this company is... ( Hopefully someone from ubisfot read it and start think about it little bit ...and dont forgot not everything is about money but happy client is important too and we are who gives you job so stop this ILEGAL bad manners and give us back for what we payed.... OR give us back all money what we invested into this game before you broke it and some extra money for time we spended by playing its simple !!!

" I'm more than happy to spend money on a game with this level of quality. Keep up the good work Ubisoft, hopefully others in this forum with different issues will get a fix soon."

The game was great till they broke it for us (your issue is diferent than most of us on here ) but the work arround is literally MOST TRAGIC i ever saw... and yoour words about "keep up the good work Ubisoft" i know how you thought it but definitly shouldnt be on this thread because it simply doesnt belongs on here LOL

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics