Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    617 posts

@brad_lawther That's because mobile CPUs use a slightly different instruction set for power, boost and clock control and use a slightly different version of the Intel power management software/driver so it's quite possible it will only affect the desktop CPUs and not mobile

• longjohn119
    617 posts

@brad_lawther
    quote..........."That's exactly what I've been trying to get across to people for the last month .... The problem is NOT CPU or GPU utilization, the problem is the clock speeds (and likely CPU voltages) are getting locked in a power savings mode"

But this is not the case. Possibly the way some BIOS's are set up, or the way some CPU's respond to low usage is to drop the clocks and voltage, but, this is not the case for all.

As I've stated before to your posts - my CPU speed and voltage does not drop. The issue IS low CPU utilisation... how your PC responds may well be different, but it is NOT the cause, it's a symptom.

Ubi needs to address low CPU usage not the way individual PC's are set up.

I have a 3700x and a RTX 2080 Super and I'm not having a FPS problem at all or a clock problem .... I get between 70 and 80 FPS @ 1440p with everything cranked except Volumetric Clouds and Ambient Occlusion dropped one notch but my CPU never goes above 40% usage, however my GPU is always in the high 90's and as long as it is in the high 90's my CPU isn't ever going to be utilized at a higher percentage because the GPU is the bottleneck ...... If you have a high end graphics card with high settings then most CPUs will never see high utilization because the GPU isn't calling for any more since it is maxed out ..... That's why when site like Gamer's Nexus and Hardware Unboxed do CPU testing they use 1080p and medium or low settings so the GPU doesn't bottleneck and the CPU become the bottleneck

Watch Hardware Unboxed's latest video comparing the 3600, 5600X, 3950x, 10400 and 10900 and you'll see that at 1440p all 5 CPUs have essentially the same FPS because you don't need anything more than a 3600 or 10400 with a high end card and high graphics settings because the GPU is the limiting factor ..... The CPU is only going to be utilized as much as the GPU calls for it to send frames and physics data to it

• brad_lawther
    10 posts

@dodokjv yes the XTU should work on any k-series processor.

• brad_lawther
    10 posts

@ruanseth it seems there are several similar but possibly unrelated issues with this game. This is exactly why game companies prefer releasing on consoles. My guess is that over 80% of their support costs come from PC users.

• brad_lawther
    10 posts

I can't comment on whether this issue was present for me prior to 1.1.0 because I just started playing the game 2 weeks ago. However, I can say that once I fix the low power mode issue, my cpu utilisation hovers around 65% and GPU sits at around 98%. I get 65 fps @4k resolution and the game works great. It's a hassle to manually adjust the power each time I start the game, but at least now I can enjoy playing at 4k.

• T1GFX
    38 posts

@brad_lawther Xbox Series S/X users are hurt by this too as seen in this thread. Most just don't notice it due to the slow nature of controllers and 90% of the game being outside cities, making CPU cry less. Also factor in not knowing the great performance of 1.04 and get the result of having a major bug being ignored by the dev team.

• brad_lawther
    10 posts

@t1gfx the workaround I suggested will only work if your symptoms are the same. If you notice the cpu frequency dropping significantly lower than your non-turbo (base) clock speed then possibly you can try the work around.

• grasum
    4 posts

OK. Not sure how many of you are using Logitech G Hub, but try shutting it down before starting to play Valhalla. This fixed the problem for me. I've been playing the game for a week plus now with no FPS drop or stuttering.
    This is pretty crazy anyway since you can see my specs in the image above. I don't get why the CPU would tank so hard.

I'd guess there are at least a dozen people here that are probably using some Logitech peripherals and have G Hub installed. Give it a shot.

• Zarael1721
    96 posts

@grasum

I think your ptoblem was a bit diferent than ours but thanks for tips ;)... our problem of FPS drop isnt caused by any other program in pc its caused by releasing patch 1.1.0 (because till that patch everything worked perfectty) .... Most probably some optimalization bug affecting cpu and gpu utilization of certain generation of Intel or Gpu.....

• dignite_
    5 posts

It's been more than a month and I cannot use a product that I've paid for. I wonder when video game companies will start being held accountable for such things. Because right now no one and nothing is holding them accountable. They get your money and just don't give a flyer anymore.

• nygmeth
    2 posts

@dignite_ I can't help but feel the same way. I'm glad you said it.

• longjohn119
    617 posts
    It's been more than a month and I cannot use a product that I've paid for. I wonder when video game companies will start being held accountable for such things. Because right now no one and nothing is holding them accountable. They get your money and just don't give a flyer anymore.

Have you ever really read a software license or guarantee? Or better compare it to the standard of a hardware guarantee? This is been a problem for 25 years or more, the standard for guarantees is ridiculously low for software compared to other products ..... If someone put out a car or refrigerator or computer that was this systemically broken they get their pants sued off .... Can you imagine a car whose engine shut off for no apparent reason every 15-30 minutes? Or couldn't do over 30 MPH? Or a refrigerator that could only lower the temperature to 50 degrees (Or 10 degrees for our friends outside the US)

If you read a software license/guarantee and parse the lawyerese what you find is all they basically promise you is you will get something that has "1's" and "0's" in it and nothing else is guaranteed ......

• HarleySkin
    1 posts

I have the same problem. Bought Valhalla yesterday and playing on Geforce Now, after 45 - 60 minutes frames are dropping and game is stuttering. All other Ubisoft games are working fine.

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

@longjohn119 Can confirm once again. I've looked at the CPU Utilization % in Intel Extreme Tuning and it gets cap at around 70% at all time. When you go to any city or town, the FPS tanks hardcore. Meanwhile, other games see the % going over 80% at all time.

• Zarael1721
    96 posts

Guys when do you think we will get some Fix finally ? Its already more than month and still not even one lead what could tell us there will be some fix for it... And all support guys better did disappear from here... Its just terrible feeling keeping us in dark knowing nothing if they will fix what they did mess off... For now only hard level of ignoration ... i did buy working product played it for more than 100 hours then patch messed off the playability of the game and they are still not able give us fix or any kind of compensation... i dont have words for this kind of bad manners of this company anymore

• longjohn119
    617 posts
    @longjohn119 Can confirm once again. I've looked at the CPU Utilization % in Intel Extreme Tuning and it gets cap at around 70% at all time. When you go to any city or town, the FPS tanks hardcore. Meanwhile, other games see the % going over 80% at all time.

I'm sure that's true for many older CPUs or those with only 4 or 6 cores and no hyperthreading/SMT ..... But if you have 6/12 or a 8/16 CPU and a high end graphics card with highest settings then your GPU is going to limit your ultimate CPU usage **if** the game is properly programmed and optimized .... That of course leaves out Valhalla as well as CP 2077 right now .... As well as games like RDR2 PC and HZD PC the first couple of months after they came out (They are both pretty good now though especially HZD that had near weekly updates for 2 months straight)

• nygmeth
    2 posts

For those of you using Xbox Controllers: CHANGE INPUT MODE FROM "HYBRID" TO "XBOX CONTROLLER"

• EasyTarget2kill
    8 posts

@brad_lawther Thanks bro! I can now play without my cpu core speed dropping to 800Mhz. Made my FPS go from 26 fps to 100 fps at 1440p. Thanks again for the info and hopefully they fix this in the next patch.

• peterlaub
    Original poster 66 posts

Well, its a good thing to see, that some people are able to make a work around.

My CPU dosent drop to 800 mhz, so thats not my problem, I personaly cant fix it via Intel Extrem Tuning. Buts its great to see someone being able too!!

Now Ubisoft, please, please Fix it for the rest of us!

• Zarael1721
    96 posts

@peterlaub

Yesterday i just did read that dev team is focused on geting out DLC soon.... start doubting that they wanna fix this on first place...

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics