Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED [PC] After TU 1.1.0, I am experiencing FPS drops / low CPU and GPU utilisation | POST HERE

64 Likes/1284 Replies/41445 Views
    Zarael1721
    96 posts

@peterlaub

Yesterday i just did read that dev team is focused on geting out DLC soon.... start doubting that they wanna fix this on first place...

• Slevexz
    79 posts

They'll do what makes money, [censored] all of us who have problems, they will focus on their dlc

• ilker.BaHaR
    10 posts

Hello. The issue I want to mention is about the graphics card cooler working at 100%. After the last update, the video card cooler is not working 100% in cut scenes and loading screen. When running 60% and / 5 in the game, this causes the video card's fan to work 100% in the loading screen and cutscenes. my graphics card is the RX 5700. This situation did not exist before the last update. I hope you get a solution to this situation.

• brad_lawther
    10 posts

@easytarget2kill that's great I'm happy my post has helped 😊.

I found another more permanent fix. In your bios, find the setting which controls the Intel ® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework. Each motherboard will have a slightly different way to disable this.

Below is a link which describes what it is:
    https://01.org/intel%C2%AE-dynamic-platform-and-thermal-framework-dptf-chromium-os/overview

I carefully limit the power drawn by my cpu in the BIOS and use water cooling, so for me disabling the DPTF is relatively safe. If you set the power drawn in your bios to be the same as your cpu TDP (for my cpu it's 91W), your cpu should not overheat and therefore never really need the DPTF. If you're not using water cooling, I would not recommend disabling this feature.

Now when I play, I don't even need to use the XTU the game loads and runs normally.

Ideally, Ubisoft should release a fix for this as their game should not trigger DPTF during initial load. But for now, with this workaround, my system is stable and the game runs great I'm getting over 60 FPS ultra settings @4k. Amazing game, the development effort required to create a game like this must be massive. I've spent several hundred dollars playing this game and upgrading my gear, I'm more than happy to spend money on a game with this level of quality. Keep up the good work Ubisoft, hopefully others in this forum with different issues will get a fix soon.

• Zarael1721
    96 posts

@brad_lawther

Nice to hear that you was able resolve your issue and unfortunately i did spend lot of money for gear etc too and then they took the playability of the game away from me by that fu.ckin patch 1.1.0 and after more than month i think i can say i was patience more than enough and i consider this as robery of the first class by ubisoft and that they pretend to dont see this thread and dont even react to that and can afford working on DLCS to releas it asap instead of giving us ONE FUCKI:NG FIX to can play for what we payed with money and time ..... thats so disgusting and makes me want vomiting how low and pathetic this company is... ( Hopefully someone from ubisfot read it and start think about it little bit ...and dont forgot not everything is about money but happy client is important too and we are who gives you job so stop this ILEGAL bad manners and give us back for what we payed.... OR give us back all money what we invested into this game before you broke it and some extra money for time we spended by playing its simple !!!

" I'm more than happy to spend money on a game with this level of quality. Keep up the good work Ubisoft, hopefully others in this forum with different issues will get a fix soon."

The game was great till they broke it for us (your issue is diferent than most of us on here ) but the work arround is literally MOST TRAGIC i ever saw... and yoour words about "keep up the good work Ubisoft" i know how you thought it but definitly shouldnt be on this thread because it simply doesnt belongs on here LOL

• brad_lawther
    10 posts

@zarael1721 I understand your frustration. Ever since Santa delivered a 4k OLED TV a few years ago for my kids, I've wanted to play assassin's Creed in 4k on it. I played odyssey in 4k using my PS4 pro, but it's not actually 4k it's just upscaled and adaptively rendered on the PS4 pro hardware. So when Nvidia launched their 3090, I started getting excited. It took 4 months to finally find one due to low stock. Then I realized my PC was 100 feet from my TV, and apparently HDMI cables won't work at that length. So, I did some research and ordered a few optical HDMI cables and after a few failed attempts, I found one that worked. Then I needed to figure out how to get a Bluetooth controller connected, so again I ordered a few 100' powered usb cables and found one that worked. After spending a few hours in my crawl space running the cables and connecting everything up (and cutting/drilling a few holes in my house), the system was ready. So I'm sure you can imagine my disappointment when, after all that effort and anticipation, I finally ran the game only to realize I was getting such low frames rates the game was unplayable. I don't play video games very often and until now, the games I've played have all been on a PS4. It never occurred to me to actually run the game prior to doing all this work, I just assumed it would work on my PC. I'm glad my kids were at school that day, as they may have picked up a few new swear words had they been home. Fortunately, I was able to find a workaround. And now, playing this game in 4k HDR, I'm truly amazed at how good this game is. And Ubisoft deserves accolades for making this game, it literally takes a small army of programmers working long hours to create something like this. I'm also a software developer, and I own a software company, so I understand how difficult it is to find a balance between adding new features (like DLC content) with fixing bugs. I think the right thing to do is to refund people's money who encounter bugs that prevent them from playing the game. Or at least offer large helix credits to people who are forced to wait longer than 1 month for a fix to their issue. And yes, having to disable the Intel DPTF is a tragic fail by Ubisoft and not something that anyone should need to do for a AAA they paid $150 for. I hope Ubisoft will do the right thing and either refund your money, or fix the issue in the next release. Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy the game soon. Having read through many of the posts in this thread, the next time I decide to buy a game on my PC, I'll be waiting at least 6 months after the initial launch before making any purchase.

• Snt.Grem
    34 posts

Since January 14, I have been corresponding with these scammers. Absolutely no result. Each time a new employee replies to me with a template that absolutely does not solve the problem in any way, and every time I am reminded that if I do not answer these bots, my ticket will be considered resolved and closed in four days.

What indifference ...
    How badly there is a lack of criminal liability for such actions ...

• longjohn119
    716 posts
    @peterlaub

Yesterday i just did read that dev team is focused on geting out DLC soon.... start doubting that they wanna fix this on first place...

Usually the DLCs for an AC game are done by a completely different studio than who makes the main game so that shouldn't really be an issue .....

• Gilokdc
    6 posts

Imma join my cry for attention on this issue!

a few things: it's not a intel cpus problem, i own brand new pc with a amd ryzen 5 3600x bought mid november with the intension of playing this game btw and i'm having this friking issue.

i've tryed every single possible work around and all of them combined and nothing worked, i was playing everything on ultra and on a 1080 resolution, in my final atempt to fix the issue i tryed uninstalling and reinstalling my GPU driver and suddely the issue was gone, what changed? the resolution, geforce experience set the game to 1600X900 and that made the framerate drop dissapear, and i've tested and yes ringing back to 1980X1080 resolution will make the dug reapear.

So this is it, i upscaled 10% so i get a little more quality and i'm to keep playing the game, i don't know if this works for any other resolution beucase i can't test, i won a 1080p monitor and 1080p resolution is a high as it goes if anyone's able maybe test this tatic with other resolutions.

i'm mad as f because i can play the following games: control, cyberpunk 2077, horizon zero dawn, ghost recon breakpoint all on ultra 1080p but assassin's creed my favorite gaming franchise i can't, let's see if ubisoft get their s**t togheter and fix this soon!

• guvenerturk
    13 posts

@gilokdc ofc not working for me, intel cpu btw

• Zarael1721
    96 posts

@Gilokdc
    @guvenerturk

Not working to me too ... FPS doesnt change at all if i switch between all types of resolutions... thats crazy how broken the performance is...

• Oresp94
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Carejo2321
    4 posts

@gilokdc
    hi i did a clean install of the drivers and apparently the problem was solved but 2 hours later the stutter came back .... even sometimes in places without npc .. i tried all resolutions with the same result...my specs: ryzen 5 3600 gtx 1660 super 16gb ram

• Oresp94
    13 posts

Just a question.Did they remove this case from the known issues?Am I missing something? https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-jan-22?lang=en-US&sort=oldest_to_newest This is the link directly from the main menu screen today.

• Zarael1721
    96 posts

@Oresp94

It was never added between official known issues list... they did add it only between megathreads ...

• Slevexz
    79 posts

I was joking about mods show up here every 15 days, i was wrong, right now they dont come here not even in 15 days hahahahaha

• Gilokdc
    6 posts

@carejo2321 so that's oficial, it's random as f. till last friday i had it installed trought epic in the same ssd as my operating system and didn't had the problem even playing on 1080p resolution, that installation working now i' sure was kind of a miracle, i coudn't imagine that my attempt to install on a newer ssd would screw things this badly...

• longjohn119
    716 posts
    I was joking about mods show up here every 15 days, i was wrong, right now they dont come here not even in 15 days hahahahaha

Can you really blame them though? Would you want to come here and take a lot of [censored] for something you didn't do and you have no control over ..... All the message board mods can do is pass the information along to their manager who passes it along to the manager at the studio who assigns a priority to it and passes it along to the devs .....

It's not a moderator issue, it's a (mis)management issue ...Try to remember that and stop taking it out on the moderators

• Slevexz
    79 posts

@longjohn119 Off course i can blame than.

first time the mod said they’ll fix this asap, and vanished for 15 days. Afete this everyone here Called other mods for help all of them ignored, after the first mod Back here he asked for more tickets to fix a problem that was alredy obvious for the last 15 days and vanished again.

They did nothing, they didnt put this in know issues, we dont know if they are fixing, we dont know when they are fixing, even their comunication is a joke. They’re here to help and update us about what is happening, not to keep repeating one sentence every 15 days, that i can do myself

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@slevexz

The mods you talk to don't add things to known issues, the managers do that ..... It's not the moderators fault their managers ignore what they tell them ..... Anyone that's ever held a job knows you do what your boss tells you to do or you get fired and you aren't worth getting fired over

Stop blaming the moderators for the decisions made by management ..... Again stop playing Management's game of you blaming low level employees while they sit in their ivory towers and get no criticism ......

Suggested Topics