Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED [PC] After TU 1.1.0, I am experiencing FPS drops / low CPU and GPU utilisation | POST HERE

64 Likes/1307 Replies/43839 Views
    KintinJ
    6 posts

January 21, 2021 4:30 AM

Hello KintinJ,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

We are aware of this issue and it has been forwarded to the game team for investigation. We will see to resolve this as soon as possible. Meanwhile I do apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and understanding!

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
    Ubi-Sabre

January 27, 2021 4:00 AM

Hello KintinJ,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support once more.

Ubisoft Development Team is aware of the issue and investigating for a solution.

As soon as an update is available, it will be announced in Ubisoft Forums.

Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have more questions.

Kind regards,
    Ubi-Dvergr
    Ubisoft Support

February 02, 2021 1:14 AM

Hello KintinJ,

Welcome back to Ubisoft Support.

Apologies for the late reply.

I would like to inform you that the development team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix as soon as possible. I apologise for the inconvenience caused. For news and updates I advise keeping an eye on the forums:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/

If there is any need of assistance don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
    Ubi-TinaUwU
    Ubisoft Support

Recently you requested personal assistance from Ubisoft Support. As we have not heard from you in the 4 days since we sent you a response, we assume your issue has been resolved and have closed your ticket.

With each response from support, it closes the ticket and it moves on. I'll not give up and will reopen my ticket systematically !
    I have played 2 weeks normally and after this famous update, they ruined the gaming experience with significant loss of fps !
    Are there steps to get reimbursed? (I took it from the Ubisoft Store)

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kintinj

At least we know that they are aware and working on a fix...

Who really thinks that this will ever be fixed? When did an AC game ever got improved performance after patches? Since Black Flag i playd the games on PC and patches just made performance worse instead of better. Even in Unity the 40GB patches didn't improve performance, just my new GPU did it...

AC games on PC always have the best performance on day 1. Afterwards it will always go down, but never up.

• guvenerturk
    13 posts

@yesin069 if its not fixed after next big patch, imho it will not gonna fix ever, so looks like I will play the game when I get a new cpu

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@guvenerturk

Strangely enough i always get the idead to upgrade my PC when i play Ubisoft games...They should make more deals with hardware companies because of their bad PC ports.

All other games run perfectly fine for me - even those that get a lot of hate.

I said it in 2013 when Black Flag came out and i repeat it now: Ubisoft Kiev should stop making the AC PC ports! They clearly can't optimise games for PC. They are just good in adding 21:9 support, benchmarks and rebindable M+K keys. They also make good graphics menus with pictures and stuff like that but they simply CAN'T OPTIMISE GAMES TO RUN PROPERLY ON PC!

The only Ubisoft game that ran well for me was For Honour and this was made from the new Ubisoft Blue Byte studio in Berlin. LEt them handle the PC ports in the future because For Honour also uses the same Engine as AC games. I know it is no open-world game but every AC game has PC problems so they clearly should change something.

• joris911
    2 posts

Hello,
    I have the same issue for me.
    It's my first run, I didn't get the game on a previous update.
    I have a decent config and everything is up to date:
    undefined
    My CPU is locked to 800mhz.... impossible to me to change it.
    It's not a temperature related, as you can see on this picture:
    undefined

PLEASE ubisoft find a solution or workaround, we can't play !

• guvenerturk
    13 posts

@joris911 your problem is different from us, your cpu speed is low and I believe there is a fix for that on the thread, but some others have full speed but still low fps

• joris911
    2 posts

@guvenerturk Understood. I ll try the fix provided by @brad_lawther it should works, because it's exactly the same symptoms.
    Anyway, I have noted another strange behavior when I start the game:
    I use MSI afterburner + RIVATURNER to get these info ingame and to set custom profile for my fan speed.
    When I start:

• The color of my wallpaper changed, like more saturated.
    • MSI afterburner pop up, and the profile which is saved and locked has reset by default. Unable to modify anything, when the game is running or not, need to reboot to fix it.

It's seems like, there is some process that scan what's open or not, maybe an anti-cheat or denuvo idk.

• RebelOfWar
    10 posts

I've been posting to customer support about this problem, either being a vram leakage or CPU utilization drop since LAUNCH. I re-open my ticket now and then trying to remind Ubisoft that too many people on PC have similar issues and it's not just our machine's mismanagement. I've provided any proof that you'd want, images from benchmarks, gameplay, dxdiag and msinfo files, the fact that I've updated everything and made sure that my PC is too clean of process crap to have something like this happen. The fact that other games in higher settings (RDR2) and noticeably far more beautiful visuals run twice as good... Nothing. All they've been coming back to me with is that they are apparently working on it and every now and then they want to remind me to update my drivers... They are not listening my friends. I've tried, I went beyond any effort that one should put into helping them fix this, they are just pretending to listen.

The conclusion I've come into is this: They purposely handicapped the performance on PC in order to give us the illusion that our hardware is just not good enough anymore, hence making us buy newer hardware. Others have done this in the past, as shady as it sounds I just can't believe otherwise at this point. There is no way that so many people report the same problems and 4 months after release you still haven't fixed your product accordingly. There is no way that my machine handles the game at a steady 60 fps and after random events in the game suddenly CPU usage drops and performance is halved along with spontaneous stuttering. The 3 other people I know irl have the very same issues, with more than powerful rigs to run the game than me so there's that too.

They. Are. Not. Listening.

• Zarael1721
    96 posts

@RebelOfWar

I did reopen my ticket like for the 4 times too .... but its really weird they give always the same answer that they do whatever they can and the issue is under investigating.... the lack of action from Ubisoft about performance issue is very suspicious and if they know about this issue the only one explanation why they still didnt fix it is as you say... They did release the game nicely playable for most of us actually for some reason - They probably wanted to sold the game from start to as many customers as posible even with older CPUS and GPUS... amd after some time they did release patch what crippled the performance what nobody of us cant understand because that never happend and i dont even get how something like that can be possible at company so big... The only reason would be give to people ilusion that their hardware is way to old... and they did it after longer time because we already bought DLCS too...

15 . february should be out the biggest patch if it will be not fixed there i think will be never

• Dead213End
    8 posts

many people have reported that it's related to Ubisoft Connect. solutions involve disabling cloud save synchronization and run the game offline. another option was to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Valhalla, right click on the file and go to properties. click on the Compatibility tab and DISABLE full screen optimization.

• guvenerturk
    13 posts

@dead213end this is not working for me

• peterlaub
    Original poster 66 posts

I am getting Tired!

I triede Clean boot.
    I triede going Offline,
    I Triede Reinstalling the game twice.
    All graphic setting. And so on, and so on.........

I also keep spamming Ubisoft customer service with my Ticket, and MSinfo and Dxdiag.

I will soon resolve to Poetry again!!!

Sincerly the Old, tired Danish Viking!

• RebelOfWar
    10 posts

@zarael1721 It's evident that it's screwed-up optimization on their end, simply by comparing other recent graphically demanding games to Valhalla. Like I said, RDR2 I can run smoothly with ultra textures, which look more detailed, cost a bit over 3GB VRAM at 1080p whereas Valhalla's high textures cost a bit under 6GB of VRAM at 900p. God help you if you drop those on medium, environment will look like PS3 era while still costing more VRAM than RDR2's ultra. Even simpletons can tell that something scammy or mishandled is going on here.

Another funny thing> First session I start on Valhalla always shows a low CPU usage (about 40%), try exiting on menu (don't close the game) and loading the very same save. My CPU usage magically goes up by 20 ~ 30% (50 - 80%) and the framerate is smooth until a random action like I mentioned (mostly fast travelling), which gradually worsens my performance to a crawl again. Some say it's connected to Cloud Saving, because online automatically interferes with the game and it autosaves to the cloud every now and then, destroying the application's memory management. Sadly turning off cloud services doesn't solve this, it only toggles the in-game overlay off and if my theory is correct... that will not help at all. Support themselves told me that auto-cloud saving is built-into the game so there's no way of turning it off...

I've waited 4 months and spent far more time trying to fix my game and reporting issues to support. I don't play anymore because I just can't enjoy the game. I feel guilty for convincing others to buy it when the hype was still on and that I ruined a possibly great experience by not having top of the line hardware before buying this. If they won't appreciate the time we waste trying to help them sell better, then I don't know what else we can do.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@rebelofwar

I have the exact same feelings as you mate...

In RDR2 i had to put many things on High but than i had smooth 60 fps (mostly around 75) all the time. In Valhalla my fps dips under 50 when i go to Fornburg. This shouldn'T be the most area in the game and i can'r understand why the hell this happens. I also really have zero hope that Ubisoft is able to fix it or even cares. They clearly changed something in patch 1.1.0 and aren't able to change it back. Even if their patches added nothing significant to the game.

• longjohn119
    770 posts
    I've been posting to customer support about this problem, either being a vram leakage or CPU utilization drop since LAUNCH. I re-open my ticket now and then trying to remind Ubisoft that too many people on PC have similar issues and it's not just our machine's mismanagement. I've provided any proof that you'd want, images from benchmarks, gameplay, dxdiag and msinfo files, the fact that I've updated everything and made sure that my PC is too clean of process crap to have something like this happen. The fact that other games in higher settings (RDR2) and noticeably far more beautiful visuals run twice as good... Nothing. All they've been coming back to me with is that they are apparently working on it and every now and then they want to remind me to update my drivers... They are not listening my friends. I've tried, I went beyond any effort that one should put into helping them fix this, they are just pretending to listen.

The conclusion I've come into is this: They purposely handicapped the performance on PC in order to give us the illusion that our hardware is just not good enough anymore, hence making us buy newer hardware. Others have done this in the past, as shady as it sounds I just can't believe otherwise at this point. There is no way that so many people report the same problems and 4 months after release you still haven't fixed your product accordingly. There is no way that my machine handles the game at a steady 60 fps and after random events in the game suddenly CPU usage drops and performance is halved along with spontaneous stuttering. The 3 other people I know irl have the very same issues, with more than powerful rigs to run the game than me so there's that too.

They. Are. Not. Listening.

Even Odyssey runs 100% better ..... I have everything cranked up except Depth of Field which I have off because I don't like it and I'm getting 70+ FPS average @ 1440p .... However my CPU usage is in the 30's most of the time with rare spikes to 60-70% mainly in some cutscenes ..... I'm 38 hours into a playthrough, all of it recorded and I haven't had one single crash and only one minor bug that was more hilarious than game breaking .... I think there is more going on here than just low CPU usage unless you have a potato

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

Hi friends,

Today I launched Valhalla after a week or two of getting tired of the FPS problem. It was still there.
    Then I decided to check out the BIOS just for the shake of it, and realized that my Hyperthreading option was set to [Disable].
    I turned it on and FPS in Jorvik shot straight from 20-30 FPS to constant 60-70 FPS now. Maybe this was the problem.
    Have a try and report back.

Spec:
    i7-6700K 4.00 Ghz
    RTX 2070S
    8GB RAM

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@radi3nt

This seems to be very specific. I don't think many people here have disabled Hyperthreading. This would make running newer DX12 and Vulkan titles a lot harder and would make all those modern games run worse.

I can run all games fine with some setting tweaks but Valhalla should have no dips at all. It really isn't that great looking and hasn't that many NPC's walking around that a CPU would be hit that hard. I know everything is seamles and so on but i can just repeat myself: RDR2 ran with over 60 fps sothere is no excuse for Valhalla to run worse.

I really hope Ubisoft finally does something about this in the next update...

• longjohn119
    770 posts

@yesin069

True but it could indicate that Valhalla isn't always using Hyperthreading/SMT correctly ..... This game engine has had problems with SMT in the past for instance when they introduced the Animus Control Panel in Origins it broke SMT in all Ryzen processors and if you didn't turn it off in the BIOS you'd had constant crashes and as usually it took 6 weeks for Ubisoft to fix it .... For me shortly after it started giving problems I was fighting that fantasy snake and it crashed and every time I'd try to play it would crash before I could beat it so I was trapped in sequence and since they disable menu access in it there was no way out except start a new game from scratch .... One thing I'll say I did that snake so many times just trying to get through it before I crashed that when they did fix the SMT problem I kicked that snake's butt in no short order ...... I had it's every move memorized

Odyssey had a 6 week stretch too where it caused crashes on Ryzen CPUs unless you turned off SMT which I refuse to do because it nerfs my computer for all the other apps where I need it (Video rending and conversion, rendering and routing PCBs, even building large schematics and electronics simulations) It wasn't as bad as the Origins problem but it still was annoying and caused a lot of crashing

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@longjohn119

I had problems with every AC on PC to be honest. This is why i always wait many months before i start playing Ubisoft games in general (on PC).

Even for Valhalla i waited a little bit but because of the lockdown i started earlier. And now i know more than ever, why i always wait for playing Ubisoft games. The big Triple-A Ubisoft games always get bad PC ports and they just start fixing those problems after they finished their roadmaps.

Just Watch Dogs: Legion gets some extra care on PC. Maybe because of RTX and DLSS and those NVIDIA deals. Valhalla seems to get nothing. I even don't know why they insisted on using DX12 in Valhalla. I think it would run better in DX11 because Odyssey ran much better and didnt look that worse. Valhalla doesn't use any DX12 benefits, so they should give us the oprion to choose DX11. I found nothing in the .ini to change to dx11 sadly...

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

The thing is my PC had always had Hyper-threading off judging from what I found in the BIOS, and the game was running fine then. This means they changed something in the update that required Hyper-threading in my case to be on.
    Anyway, game has been stable since then spare one instance where the FPS dropped back to 30 FPS in Jorvik, but I just alt-tabbed out then in again and if was back to normal.

Suggested Topics