Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Chuske2020
    1 posts

It is definitely the Hyperthreading. I just watched someone play with i7 9700K (8 cores, NO HT) with RTX 2070 Super. From Max in-game settings to the lowest, CPU was stuck at about 50-ish% all the time. No matter settings and resolution used! We found what is the problem, now the rest is all on Ubisoft to finally fix it!!

• guvenerturk
    13 posts

@anolinmcginnis its just like this: one core is %90 other is %23, I have i5 6600

• Yesin069
    547 posts

Performance is same as before...as expected...

Stop thinking that this will be fixed. We have to live with it. They simply do not care about PC performance. They put too much developement time into river raids instead of adding some needed quality of life features into the game and fixing bugs and PC problems.

Now a new month of the waiting game for a new patch...

• Snt.Grem
    24 posts

[censored] scammers. That I would once again look at your products. Just remember these scammers, and never mess with them again.

• RitzPaul94
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Yesin069
    547 posts

@ritzpaul94

As i said before, this is just copied and pasted into every patch notes. They clearly didnt improve performance one bit and didnt do it in any patch before.

I only trust those lines in patch notes if they actually write down what they did and improved. Like for instance improved performance when in Fornburg or something like that. But this general term used in every patch notes is just a lie in our faces.

If you improved performance even 1 frame, please tell us where? I see (and feel) nothing improved...At least i never had problems with stability. Good work there!

• ShockB0lt
    13 posts

At least now we have a good shot on what the problem is (CPUs that do not support Hyperthreading), those of us who still have a little patience left must try once again to make this information get to the developers.

• AnolinMcGinnis
    17 posts

So Hyperthreading, eh?

Here's a benchmark with my 9900k with HT on:

undefined

Here's with HT off:

undefined

While HT was on, like I said, only core [1] would hit 50%, while the rest sat there at 23%'ish. With HT OFF, all cores were at 50%'ish, but as you can see, the benchmark results are within the margin of error. So I think something else is going on.

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

@anolinmcginnis Lmao with today update, even with HT my game has once again dropped back to the 30-40 FPS range from 60-70 FPS just a few days ago. What a joke.
    Should've figured out the HT issue and finish this game before this patch hit.

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

@radi3nt Edit: I restarted my PC and the FPS was gone. I suspect the game just has stability issue in general.

• longjohn119
    484 posts
    So Hyperthreading, eh?

Here's a benchmark with my 9900k with HT on:

undefined

Here's with HT off:

undefined

While HT was on, like I said, only core [1] would hit 50%, while the rest sat there at 23%'ish. With HT OFF, all cores were at 50%'ish, but as you can see, the benchmark results are within the margin of error. So I think something else is going on.

You can likely cut those spikes by 50% by turning down Volumetric Clouds a notch .... For some reason the highest setting causes hitching

Here is what mine looks like, everything cranked except Volumetric clouds down a notch and Depth of Field off

undefined

• longjohn119
    484 posts

@longjohn119 Here is a video of the benchmark in progress .... All settings at highest except Volumetric clouds down a notch and Depth of Field off .... It's only rendered to 1080p and will probably take a day before it's a full 1440p (YouTube is slooww these days) but it should be clear enough to see the core/thread usage

• ruanseth
    32 posts

I'm seeing even worse performance with 1.1.2. Before I updated I selected an area and noted the frame rates and then saved, and then did the same post patch... With 1.1.1 I was getting an average of 49fps based on the last 30 seconds of play, and now I'm getting an average of 43fps. Benchmark result shows much the same. Even CPU utilisation seems a few % lower, regularly dropping well below 50% across four, non hyperthreaded cores. GPU utilisation is 93-99%.

So I give up. I will not support Ubisoft from this point on. They damaged performance badly with patch 1.1.0 and seem unable or unwilling to investigate properly and set this right. Just looking at the vast amount of persistent bugs being reported here I would say this game is almost as big a mess as Cyberpunk... the difference is I bet eventually CP with end up being fixed, and this will not. Plus, you could get a refund.

I'm not going to start shouting, swearing and calling the staff names as some do, as it does no good whatsoever, but I am fed up that one of the best game I've played in years has been ruined and the company response has been so poor.

• longjohn119
    484 posts

@longjohn119 Just for comparison this is Odyssey using the same basic settings, everything cranked to max except Volumetric Clouds turned down a notch and Depth of Field off. You can see it's a lot less spiky and the first CPU spike and the two smaller ones don't have a corresponding spike in the GPU graph which indicates a hitching problem with the CPU although in the case of Odyssey it's less prevalent and not really noticeable in gameplay ..... Odyssey does have about 10% better framerates

I'm not so sure it's actually a CPU utilization or SMT/Hyperthreading problem but perhaps an asset streaming problem but I'm not really seeing it on my system so I can't analyze it but you can see the CPU usage in Valhalla seldom goes over 50% except in small bursts and only one or two threads/cores on a system that is working properly .... Of course your results will vary if you have fewer cores/threads

• dodokjv
    21 posts

Well i just found out something that improved stability for me. I didnt want to update the game so i played offline and fps was better. I locked the game at 30 because i have [censored] 1060 3gb, and now in raids i get between 27-30 fps instead of low 20s. Thats pretty playable for me so i hope i can finally play and finish the game.

Maybe some of you can also try going offline. CPU utilization is still at about 50% but maybe youll experience less drops.

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

@dodokjv
    I triede going offline, I didn't work for me 😞

• TheHumanSpectre
    4 posts

After update I came back to check the situation and seems like it doesn't seem playable yet. I've bought and refunded the game almost 2 months ago but still checking this topic every week to hear some good news. It's really shame that they couldn't fix it yet. Meanwhile I've played few games including Metal Gear Solid 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2. Thanks Ubisoft(and CDPR) for letting me play this games. MGS had great stealth gameplay and RDR 2 is a masterpiece I recommend both of them. Both of them caused me no trouble and had decent perfomance. Anyway I'll still buy this game again but doesn't seem anytime soon. I hope they'll fix this game because I want to play it.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 518 posts

Hey there everyone. Thank you all for your continued updates on this issue! We have been continuing to forward up the information you all have been providing to further assist the Game team with their investigation. I have provided below two workarounds that others in the community have suggested recently, that have helped to improve their gameplay for the time being.

• test your game in offline mode
    • test your game with and without hyperthreading

Thank you again for your patience as the investigation continues. Please keep an eye out for further updates and information.

Official Response
  • Smiley_ie
    5 posts

Hyperthreading on / off and offline get the same low CPU usage
    undefined

• longjohn119
    484 posts

@smiley_ie Yeah I'd say that is a pretty disappointing result given your hardware ..... You have more cores and threads than I do plus a 900 Mhz higher boost frequency compared to my 3700X plus a 3090 compared to my 2080 Super and you are only getting a whole 4 more FPS than I am ...... I know this game engine never scaled up very well but that is ridiculous You likely have 20-25% more power but are only getting about a 5-6% increase in FPS ..... That is some pretty poor scaling

@thehumanspectre I'm with you brother although I kept my copy since I got it when I bought a 3700X last July ..... I'm not playing the game other than coming in a running some tests after an update ..... I hate playing buggy games with a passion so I'll just play other games until this and Cyberpunk are fixed and relatively bug free ..... Maybe by June or July lolol

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics