Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED [PC] After TU 1.1.0, I am experiencing FPS drops / low CPU and GPU utilisation | POST HERE

64 Likes/1284 Replies/41453 Views
    mueenahmad786
    13 posts

Listen Ubisoft, We certainly Love you.

All we are saying is that Game was working PERFECTLY fine in Update 1.0.4. But, after updating it to 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, in all updates, CPU Usage is stuck to 50% and FPS went straight from 70ish to 30-40ish.

Ubisoft, please, either create a Rollback Patch to roll game back to 1.0.4 or somehow fix this 50% CPU Usage. You did it alright in 1.0.4. You can certainly do that again. We believe in you. Love you, please I'm sitting still for months waiting to get 50% CPU Utilization fix. Please, release it, I'm suffering from depression, losing faith in life, release it before COVID-19 hits me. I wanna play AC Valhalla so desperately, I hope you will consider my request.

• kvsh88
    49 posts

@mueenahmad786 Hi, so before the latest update i was on 50ish% utilization, I was hitting 70ish FPS on high settings on 1080p,

After update v1. 2 the utilization came down to 20ish to low 30ish % which lowered my frame rate.

I have an i7 9750H 6core processor maybe that's why I was able to achieve that much FPS i am assuming.

If it can somehow crank up to a proper utilization % like every other game i feel it'll get better

• Slevexz
    79 posts

2 months later they show up here, and ask the same thing from previous 2 months HAHAHAHA
    No wonder this company is a joke

• Gilokdc
    6 posts

Patch 1.2 came and a few changes happened for me at least:

1 - the overall performance improved a bit, the sohan hiddeout that place in cambridge shire where many daily missions take place would ABSOLUTELLY (7 fps) gut my framerate i even lower than the previous bad fps (about 18-20 fps) now it seems that doesn't happen it stays over 25 and kinda playable!

2 - the performance when close to big bodies of water, rivers or ocean improved as well, before the update my framerate would drop from the usual 40-50 to 18-25 whenever i came close to rivers or when on my longship, but now it stays above 25 consistently.

3 - improved performance while transitioning from inside enviroments, like buildings or caves to the open world, the stutter that happens now doesn't happen as often as before.

4 - improved overall performance while in the settlement 30-35, sometimes the bug of going under 20 fps still happens but i jsut gotta walk aroudn for sometime and it goes away.

what bothers me the most it's how inconsistent this game is, since the patch sometimes i'de get play sessions where i'de stay above 50 fps almost all the time and sometimes it barely goes over 40, and even more enraging is how inconsistent ubisoft is amongst theyr games, i bought ghost recon breakpoint recently and it runs smoth, all on ultra 1080p with it's realistic graphics over 50 fps on my pc and ac valhalla is this mess!

• Snt.Grem
    34 posts

So. Next comment from staff after about 2 months, they ask us again for dxdiag and msinfo...

It would be funny if it weren't so offensive...

We tried very hard, over eight hundred messages and three months of patience. But it turned out that the developers can only break the game, and the staff can only copy and paste their stupid stereotyped answers.

I can no longer store a non-working product on my computer. These scammers will go unpunished one way or another. I was denied a refund. I am leaving this forum and this company of swindlers. My condolences to all who, like me, were deceived. Good luck guys!

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@gilokdc It's mainly dependent on the area .... For instance the more NPCs, and this includes animals, birds, fish as well as humans the more AI overhead you have which is worse in some areas than others and as games on this game engine have become graphically complex and weapons and abilities have become more complex the numbers of NPCs in an area has dropped considerably. This can be seem by comparing Unity, the first game on Anvil 2.0 with Odyssey and Valhalla.

But the main issue is asset streaming in and out of memory and from storage drives. This game engine is written for low power low memory devices (PS4 and Xbox One) which have limited power but especially limited memory which is shared between the CPU and GPU. In order to get around those limitations the game engine constantly has to load and unload assets and anticipate where you are going to look or move to next which works OK for the most part at 30 FPS. However when it is ported over to PC which doesn't have the same limitations the Game Engine still treats it like it does and the constant loading and unload of assets to and from memory and from the storage drives eats up a lot of time unnecessarily and limits the FPS a system can obtain. That is what a program like Special K tries to fix but it can only do so much since it doesn't have an real access to the core game engine, it just tweaks memory and CPU Scheduling to speed things up a bit and smooth things out so you don't get as large of peaks and dips in FPS

This game engine is for all practical purpose EoL (End of Life) and actually has been for 2-3 years now but because Sony and Microsoft were so pathetically slow in getting the next Gen console to market (A 7 year Development Cycle in an Era where 1-2 is common in every other tech sector) They didn't have any choice but to stick with it .... That's why they really need to build a new Anvil engine from the ground up to take advantage of the 8 core 16 thread CPUs faster and more memory and faster storage available (finally) on the new consoles .... If they do it right porting it over to PC should be a breeze because unlike the last gen consoles the new gen use the same CPU type, the same memory controller type and the same GPU type as PC's do ..... The downside is PC gamers will likely need a minimum of 6 core/12 thread CPUs to be able to run the games at a decent FPS .... Even an 8 core/8 thread CPU is going to struggle with a Game Engine written for 8 cores/16 threads

• peterlaub
    Original poster 66 posts

Here is my latest answer to their generic mail answer, that they presume that my problem has subsided!!:

No, the game did not recieve any fixes. Why should the problem have been solved?
    You guys, its okay.. I know the drill:
    Thank me for reaching back to Ubisoft Support and for my feedback regarding the update, or lack of update!
    Please be advised that you are still investigating the issue and I can look for news here:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com
    You apologise for any inconvenience and thank me for my patience while you work to resolve this issue.
    For any further assistance, or if any questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact you UBISOFT!
    Sincerly the tired, feed up Danish viking.

( I know its not our fault... just ignore my burst of rage, but this is getting tiredsome!)

• Kormac67
    733 posts

Short update how it is performing for me at the moment:
    I'm running it in 4k which my GPU (GTX1060) is not really up to. I'm finding 20-25 fps fine. 10 is unacceptable.
    Game now usually starts with 20.
    After fast travel it often falls down to 10. Save/exit/restart/reload often fixes this.
    So I'm getting both ok fps (like pre 1.1.0) and bad fps in the same areas, based on some random effect possibly triggered by fasttraveling.

• RitzPaul94
    35 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • auridulis
    49 posts

At random times, I'm experiencing FPS drop after having teleported from one location to another one too. It drops by 50% (from 60 to 30, give or take).

I haven't been able to link it to a specific teleport destination or time played.

Restarting the game fixes the issue, but overall I don't recall having that issue prior to Update 1.1.0.

• Hunterr12
    30 posts

The fact this still hasn't been fixed is just amazing.

• prytz
    2 posts

The game is still unplayable after PATCH 1.1.0 to me.. The game is not fixed yet,and that is to bad:)
    Still cant enjoy this game after 3 months. Som time i think am happy i did pay only 109 Norwegian KRS for ultimate Edition on PC.

• Gilokdc
    6 posts

As of march 4 i'm taking back all off the improvements i said i got from the last patch, the hotfix completed destroyed my fps, dropping it every time i fast travel, before it did after some 1 hour or more of play!

i've built this pc TO PLAY ac valhalla, i bought this game even going against my moral standarts after that sexual harrassement expose from ubisoft and i can't play it even tough i have a pc that in theory can do it, since the first time i played this game christmas last year it has been dropping fps, missing features etc.

i'm done with this game, gonna rush trough the last 16% (3 shires) left and move on to more optimized stuff like control.

i've spent to much on this pc to spent playing a powerpoint presentation while i could be playing other more optimized games from less lazy developers.

• Hunterr12
    30 posts

Well just saw where their biggest priorities are. Bugs and performance issues that linger around from launch or the 1.1.0 patch still around, a bug that messes with helix store items...that stuff is fixed in a few days lol

• Adder1812
    1 posts

huh. it started happening to me yesterday. after ~22 hours of game, from 50 to 18 fps ;/ ubisoft...

• guvenerturk
    13 posts

guys, my game is fixed because I upgraded my cpu, it gone 40 to 60 (vsync) at settlement 

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@guvenerturk

A game is never "fixed" if you need to upgrade your PC that could handle graphically intense games from the same year or the year before that looked better.

This is just brute forcing through bad optimization. I am sure if i buya new Intel 10th gen CPU with 8 cores and a new GPU this game will run great. But its not due to great optimization...The hardware is just too OP.

My PC should have no problem with staying at 60 fps in 1080p and tweaked settings all the time but if i come near places like Fornburg i get like 40 fps. This is inacceptable when i played RDR2 just fine which lookes much better than Valhalla.

But i am happy that it works for you!

• mueenahmad786
    13 posts

I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE FIX TO 50% CAPPED CPU UTILIZATION.

FIX: ROLLED GAME BACK TO VERSION 1.0.4 AND MY FPS RETURNED TO 70ish FROM 30ish. [removed 08/03/2021 by @Ubi-Woofer]

My Specs:

Gigabyte GTX 1070 Rock Edition
    Core i5 2500K OC'ed @ 4.5 GHz
    16 GB RAM 1600 MHz
    Nvidia Drivers Version: 461.72.

• Mahluk.
    8 posts

@mueenahmad786 hey man i wrote you in private and im sure many people will write you as well for how to roll back to older patch. The community needs that knowledge very much. Please answer us.

• mueenahmad786
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics