Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Snt.Grem
    28 posts

I watched here a comparison of the new Intel processors with the previous generation and suddenly saw this early access in the tests in the last place, both processors complete with a 3090 video card barely withstand the near-comfortable 60 fps, but the funniest thing was to observe the load level of these both processors on the graph. [censored] you are such trash! Just take a look at this test and do not try to spend money on new hardware for the sake of this game, whoever says what, it does not solve the problem! The game still works like a piece of [censored]! Don't be fooled!

• STRELATS
    9 posts

@snt-grem Just to correct you that the early access game was bottleneck with the GPU because it has above 90% GPU usage... so it is totally normal that the CPU usage is low, did you even see the other game CPU/GPU usage? we can argue that the game is not optimize or have a problem when neither the CPU or GPU able to reach above 90% usage.
    peace😊

• Snt.Grem
    28 posts

@strelats, not! We can definitely say that the game worked great up to version 1.1.0. Exactly up to the moment when these clowns released a crooked update with ~ 50% CPU load blocking.

What bottleneck are you talking about? I played more than 90 hours before the release of this [censored] update at maximum graphics settings, the FPS was stable, the game was smooth, the processor was loaded at 80-100%. I can confirm this because I have version 1.0.4 of the game available. Here's the screenshot just taken.

spoiler

• Snt.Grem
    28 posts

940 messages in the topic, we just had nothing to do and we decided to talk about the fact that the game worked great from the release, and after the 1.1.0 update and until today it suddenly became not optimized. Seriously?

• Kormac67
    617 posts

@snt-grem Even our cheerful and useless Ubis are too embarrassed now to post "dev team is working hard on this, we will update you as soon as we have new info (which is never of course so technically it is not a lie)". They have drawn back to ninja-editing posts when people let lose their anger in too drastic ways.
    Any bets on next weeks update?
    a) issue stays the same
    b) issue get even worse

• peterlaub
    Original poster 61 posts

@kormac67
    I'm going with c): your computer will explode when trying to play the next update!

• STRELATS
    9 posts

So who is excited about the new update 1.2.1? what do you think they will broke next 😂
    Anyone who managed to get the game update just let us know if they fix the performance issue, I m not in the mood to re-download the game to get disappointed again and again...

• SoberStone999
    59 posts

@strelats I'm downloading, they said it would be 14GB but it's only downloading 700mb...

• SoberStone999
    59 posts

@strelats So it seems the update isn't out yet because I launched it and it still says 1.2.0.1.

• SoberStone999
    59 posts

Patch 1.2.1
    After less than 5 minutes game went from 50 to 20 fps in raven camp, the issue is far from fixed.
    See you guys in 5 weeks to another delusion!

• RitzPaul94
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • T1GFX
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Snt.Grem
    28 posts

Come on guys. They don't give a damn about their consumer. Previously, they at least lied, saying "they are aware of the problem and are working on its solution." This has been for 5 months already 🙂 now they are ashamed even to appear here. They just edit posts and ban people who express dissatisfaction. People who have been deceived and cannot get their money back. This is a topic of sorrow and despair, there will be no correction and We cannot influence this in any way.

• longjohn119
    547 posts

@t1gfx I think I may have found the cause of the problem ..... I'll bet 100 bucks that update 1.1.0 is when Ubisoft attempted to implement Resizeable BAR into the game engine ..... And it's been mucked up ever since and will remain that way until they drop support .... It's like SLI support, it's really a waste of time because such a small fraction of the Player Base has a system that's capable of taking advantage of it .... You have to have a motherboard and CPU with PCIe 4.0 support working properly (Which pretty much leaves Intel systems out) and either a RTX 3000 series or RX 6000 series GPU which are still as rare as hen's teeth

• Zarael1721
    95 posts

No coment, next patch without any performance changes..... we are close to half year without fixing error what requires hot fix already second day which is hillarious...

• RitzPaul94
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • RitzPaul94
    22 posts

Another thing ubisoft please stop placing this "Performance and Stability---Improved performance and stability" line at the very bottom of every changelog because this whole portion is a lie.
    Thankyou, now go back to making more cosmetics.

• stoyandanov
    13 posts

I'm now in the game for 11h 30min. Doing sessions of about 2 hours per day. For each session I have to exit to title screen every 30-40 minutes as the FPS drop from 50-60 to under 10. Seems this is the way I have to complete this otherwise good game.

• longjohn119
    547 posts

@stoyandanov It's not properly allocating VRAM and if VRAM isn't allocated properly streaming of textures and other assets suffers and the FPS falls off the table ..... I've been saying for months it's not a CPU utilization problem really it's something to do with asset streaming and the CPU is only going to work as hard as the streaming allows it to work .... Ramping up CPU usage doesn't do a damn thing if the bottleneck is VRAM streaming of assets

I'm telling you it's because they tried to introduce Resizeable BAR into this technologically ancient game engine ..... In the 21st Century any technology older than 5 years is essentially obsolete because things progress at a faster and faster rate .... In the 90's 10 years was the Rule of Thumb but now with most tech on a 1-2 year Development Cycle obsolescence speeded up .... It's not entirely Ubisoft's fault because console manufacturers were the ones holding things back but trying to shoehorn something like Resizeable BAR into old game engines and PC hardware is just begging for problems

• Schother12
    34 posts

This whole gets more and more ridcolous.
    Just look at the article here:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/future-assassins-creed-valhalla-title-updates-will-be-less-frequent-but-more-refined/

And read this statement:

"Our community is at the heart of everything we do, and we always strive to provide you with great experiences,” Ubisoft wrote. “That said, we recognize that some of our recent title updates may not have met your expectations or been up to our standards.

“We have made several changes to production pipelines and tools so that we can deliver more robust updates”, it claimed.

See the community is the heart of everything..probably that's why they are ignoring it in such a consequent manner 🙄

This biggest topic ignored is probably this here..but there are others too like these ones, to just give few examples:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/86962/please-let-us-disable-the-temporal-anti-aliasing?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/77400/anti-aliasing?_=1619643533779

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/79491/blurry-visuals-specifically-water-odin-sight-highlighted-enemies/6

For me it looks like they are just plainly ignoring all kind of technical issues. Still not sure if they are just not competent enough to fix or just plainly ignorant.

They look into fixing quest bugs and of course their cosmetics to grab some additional cash but simply don't give a poop about any PC related problems or requests.
    As long as people somehow can play it..no matter how bad the experience is it's not important enough to look into it.

Reminds me also of an old statement from Ubi at the time of AC Unity when they claimed 30 fps feel more cinematic 🤓

https://www.technobuffalo.com/assassins-creed-unity-framerate-30fps-more-cinematic

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics