Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED [PC] After TU 1.1.0, I am experiencing FPS drops / low CPU and GPU utilisation | POST HERE

64 Likes/1307 Replies/44043 Views
    peterlaub
    Original poster 66 posts

@dodokjv
    I triede going offline, I didn't work for me 😞

• TheHumanSpectre
    5 posts

After update I came back to check the situation and seems like it doesn't seem playable yet. I've bought and refunded the game almost 2 months ago but still checking this topic every week to hear some good news. It's really shame that they couldn't fix it yet. Meanwhile I've played few games including Metal Gear Solid 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2. Thanks Ubisoft(and CDPR) for letting me play this games. MGS had great stealth gameplay and RDR 2 is a masterpiece I recommend both of them. Both of them caused me no trouble and had decent perfomance. Anyway I'll still buy this game again but doesn't seem anytime soon. I hope they'll fix this game because I want to play it.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

Hey there everyone. Thank you all for your continued updates on this issue! We have been continuing to forward up the information you all have been providing to further assist the Game team with their investigation. I have provided below two workarounds that others in the community have suggested recently, that have helped to improve their gameplay for the time being.

• test your game in offline mode
    • test your game with and without hyperthreading

Thank you again for your patience as the investigation continues. Please keep an eye out for further updates and information.

Official Response
  • Smiley_ie
    5 posts

Hyperthreading on / off and offline get the same low CPU usage
    undefined

• longjohn119
    776 posts

@smiley_ie Yeah I'd say that is a pretty disappointing result given your hardware ..... You have more cores and threads than I do plus a 900 Mhz higher boost frequency compared to my 3700X plus a 3090 compared to my 2080 Super and you are only getting a whole 4 more FPS than I am ...... I know this game engine never scaled up very well but that is ridiculous You likely have 20-25% more power but are only getting about a 5-6% increase in FPS ..... That is some pretty poor scaling

@thehumanspectre I'm with you brother although I kept my copy since I got it when I bought a 3700X last July ..... I'm not playing the game other than coming in a running some tests after an update ..... I hate playing buggy games with a passion so I'll just play other games until this and Cyberpunk are fixed and relatively bug free ..... Maybe by June or July lolol

• longjohn119
    776 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Snt.Grem
    34 posts

@ubikobold, you are not competent! You are useless! Nobody believes your empty comments.

Look at this! The comment we deserve for 3 months of waiting...

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hello everyone,

I fully appreciate that this thread concerning FPS drops on PC after TU 1.1.0 has been open for some time, and we are doing all we can here on the support team to pass forward the relevant information and keep you updated with the latest news from the developers' investigations. It is not a topic we are ignoring, and I'd like to reassure you that everyone involved is doing what they can to identify the cause of these issues and improve performance on PC.

The information the developers still would like to gather from affected players is as follows -

• MSINFO and DXDIAG files for analysis (exported in a .txt format)
    • Screenshots of your preferred graphical settings
    • Screenshots of your CPU and GPU usage while running the benchmark (this can be through any supported software for your hardware, or programs such as Rivatuner Statistics Server)

These documents and images should be submitted via a support case or Live Chat, so that we can both track reports and also easily pass information between the relevant teams involved in the ongoing investigations into the game's performance on PC. Once your case is open, please write the reference number here in the thread so that we can gather the relevant documents and images and forward them. 🙂

I am truly sorry that we do not have more information to share for the moment, but rest assured we'll be back with news as soon as we have any to share.

@Snt-Grem - I appreciate that this issue has been ongoing for some time, and my colleagues (such as @UbiKobold and @Ubi-Raziel) and myself are doing our best to keep everyone here updated. We are doing what we can to ensure the swift passage of information between players such as yourself and the developers working on this issue. Thank you for your patience, and rest assured this isn't an issue we are ignoring.

Official Response
  • peterlaub
    Original poster 66 posts

Here ya go. Again.. again.. once more 🙂

• T1GFX
    39 posts

@ubi-woofer https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Cases/13807427

I hope the team doesn't mind a zippyshare link since the archive of attached evidence does not want to upload to your servers.

• AnolinMcGinnis
    25 posts

@ubi-woofer @UbiKobold

Nope, not doing to bother with opening a ticket, and submitting all that info you requested when there are plenty of screenshots and dxdiag/msinfo32 here to prove it.

And besides, please don't tell me the developers of the game don't have access to similar hardware that both myself and others are reportedly using. If you can't reproduce this in house by simply turning off/on Hyperthreading in the BIOS, then something is pretty wrong with your development team.

Finally - what's the point? Look how long it takes for them to push out updates! Remember the Yule event and how EVERYONE'S Evior loaded in drunk?! We had to wait until the next patch to fix something simple like that. And now there are NEW bugs with River Raids, downgraded weapons, quests that are STILL broken, so I think that I'll just uninstall AC Valhalla and come back to it February 2022 when it's finally ready to be played.

• Zarael1721
    96 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Zarael1721
    96 posts

Hello,
    @Ubi-Woofer
    @UbiKobold

i think best idea is instead of collecting Msinfo and Dxdiag and all kind of tickets suggest to developers team to reproduce similar pc as we have (the people with issue of fps drop after 1.1.0) with same components for example what @peterlaub is using and then install both version of AC VAlhalla on them like before patch 1.1.0 and after patch (i believe they are capable to install it in older version to investigate where exactly is the issue right? And the pc with some older intel cpu and gpu like 1060 or 1070 gtx shouldnt be problem buy for them too ... )

And if you are in contact with them please make some pressure on them with this issue because its much more important repair this than other bugs or releasing new content ... Because for what it servers without basic content playability...

• kvsh88
    49 posts

Can confirm after the latest update even My FPS has gone down, i was able to manage 60FPS with around 50% CPU utilization before V1.1.2 now im getting solid 40FPS regardless of where I go.

So with every update they manage to make it worse it seems.

Ill check with hyperthreading off/on and see if it makes a difference.

• kvsh88
    49 posts

Update: There is none Lol.. Hyperthreading Off/ON didnt make a difference nor did offline mode. It is like it is locked at 40 FPS, when an update before I was managing at least a solid 60 FPS.

• dodokjv
    22 posts

@ubikobold Damn, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that game works better offline. There's still a big issue with CPU usage that everyone here mentioned.

I'm not sure if I should send support team screenshots because lots of people already send some info and tickets and literally nothing happened. I expect mods to come here again after a month or two and tell us to do the same.

• kvsh88
    49 posts

@ubi-woofer @UbiKobold here is my Support case no. 14149353

• Snt.Grem
    34 posts

So. Next comment from staff after about 2 months, they ask us again for dxdiag and msinfo...

• kvsh88
    49 posts

Hi All,

So I have an update.

I reinstalled the game from scratch, and now I am getting 72ish FPS avg again. (basically same as V1.1.1)

CPU utilization was back at 50ish %

I'd suggest to do the same and see if that works for you.

• mueenahmad786
    13 posts

@kvsh88 If CPU Utilization is still 50% then how did your FPS increase? Can you please elaborate little bit because I am about to do the same thing

Suggested Topics