Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED [PC] After TU 1.1.0, I am experiencing FPS drops / low CPU and GPU utilisation | POST HERE

64 Likes/1285 Replies/41493 Views
    Voidolt
    32 posts

Unfortunately this didn't fix it for me. If it does for some people then I must have different problem. Still unplayable.

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@mescalito12 They all are affected to one degree or another it just seems that Intel CPU's especially without Hyperthreading are affected more. The problem is DX12 uses CPU cores and SMT/Hyperthreading differently than DX11 and this is a game engine from 2014 built around DX11 where Valhalla is the first time they tried to implement DX12 and it's just not working .... The core CPU and memory handling of this game engine needs a complete rewrite from the ground up because the problems are systemic

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    40 posts

@longjohn119 Idk about rewriting cuz Game worked fine before

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@crimsonwolf-yt It's been broken in one way or another since release .... Crashes, improperly loading textures, sound issues, broken Aim Assist, Save issues breaking progression .... Granted it has gotten worse over time but that's because it's a DX11 game engine from 2014 trying to run DX12 which is a radically different API and needs a different core game engine to work properly and you can't just slap patches on it willy nilly .... If implemented properly DX12 should give you a significant performance boost not degraded performance as compared to Odyssey which I think looks better anyway .... You don't have the high/low texture pop, the Distant LODs are much better, the FPS is higher and you don't get the radical drops and stuttering this game has suffered from since release ..... The Series X has the high/low texture pop problem too and its the Adaptive Quality kicking in to keep the game running at 60 FPS and likely it's also kicking in on the PC port even though it's not turned on

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@longjohn119

This was even before the 1.1.0 update which is what started this thread

"There is something obviously wrong and broken with that game but it is a Ubisoft title so that's to be expected ....."

Jayz2cents RX 6900XT review

By the end of November less than a month after release both Gamer's Nexus and Jayz2cents dropped Valhalla from the testing suite of games for graphics card reviews because it was so broken

• mescalito12
    6 posts

@longjohn119 why did ubisoft release this dx12 upgrade if it was not working properly for anyone ?!? they dont even acknoledge the problem like it doesnt exist! What abt the consoles, are they affected?!? Is ubisoft even aware of the problem?!?

• Voidolt
    32 posts

@mescalito12 Honestly i'm suprised that they didn't add DirectX11 with DirectX12. I guess it has to do something with Windows 10 exclusivity lol.

• longjohn119
    716 posts
    @mescalito12 Honestly i'm suprised that they didn't add DirectX11 with DirectX12. I guess it has to do something with Windows 10 exclusivity lol.

It's got to do with the Series X/S using DX12 and the fact that Microsoft unified the API (DX Ultimate) across the Xbox and PC over a year ago .... DX12 is superior but it takes more work on the developer's end to utilize it properly. With DX11 you could rely on the CPU chipset and graphics drivers to do most of the work where with DX12 you have more control over the CPU and GPU functions making games look better and perform better but the game engine core has to be made for it .... Rockstar had problems porting RDR2 to DX12 from the Xbox One and even after a full year it still wasn't ready at release .... Ditto for Sony and HZD, they cheaped out and handed it to a 3rd party (Virtuous who had never done a PC port before) to port to DX12 and it took Guerilla Games months to straighten out that mess (They did a damned good job however) ..... In fact it looks like Sony has ditched Virtuous and just bought out a company (Nixxes) a month ago that specializes in PC ports ..... They need to start releasing on PC as well as PS5 if they want to stand any chance of competing with Microsoft or MS will burying them simply because they'll have a much larger Market Share by catering to both Xbox and PC

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    40 posts

@t1gfx I just hate how my game worked fine before 1.1.0 and now it wont reach 30 fps with same settings and i have i5 4460

• petek
    72 posts

@crimsonwolf-yt Same here mate. Won't be paying for something that the developers can break after I've bought it ever again - this is absolutely ridiculous. I've been gaming off and on for 30 years and never experienced anything like it....

• longjohn119
    716 posts

This is definitely worth a shot ..... Don't know how much it will help but it certainly won't hurt .....

New Windows 10 update is huge for gamers — here's why

This week Microsoft has rolled out an optional Windows 10 update (branded KB5004296) which includes a number of fixes for the low framerates, performance issues, and and other problems users have experienced while trying to play games, both within Windows 10's Game Mode and without.

How significant this is depends on what (if any) issues you've experienced lately while trying to play games on Windows 10. In the wake of Microsoft's big April update for Windows 10 many users began reporting problems (low framerates, stuttering, etc.) while playing games like Assassin's Creed Valhalla (pictured above) or Call of Duty: Warzone on a variety of hardware configurations, including PCs with both AMD and Nvidia components. 

Microsoft quickly fixed a number of Windows 10 game-killing bugs with an emergency rollback, but a number of known issues (including performance problems while using Windows 10's Game Mode, designed to improve performance) have persisted. 

The optional Windows 10 update Microsoft just rolled out includes a number of fixes for those issues — you can check out Microsoft's patch notes for the full list of changes. If you'd rather jump right in and see what it does for yourself, here's a quick guide on how to install it.

https://www.tomsguide.com/amp/news/new-windows-10-update-fixes-major-gaming-issues-heres-how-to-get-it

• Voidolt
    32 posts

@longjohn119 Can anyone confirm if it does fix to anyone? I don't want to install again 90 GB game for like 20th time...

• longjohn119
    716 posts
    @longjohn119 Can anyone confirm if it does fix to anyone? I don't want to install again 90 GB game for like 20th time...

Can't help you out there, I won't install the game because of other problems like the broken Aim Assist for bows and the progression stopping save bugs ..... I never really had a problem with crashing or low FPS (Wasn't great either) I just decided I wouldn't play until these two problems were fixed and frankly I doubt they ever will be because Ubisoft seems to have zero interest in fixing the Aim Assist or even trying because here we are 9 months later and nothing has been done, not even lip service or an acknowledgement there is a problem so [censored] them

• Voidolt
    32 posts

Okay i'm actually suprised. The latest optional Windows 10 update (KB5004296) fixed the problem with stuttering on Valhalla. It's completely gone 😄 Finally, it's now playable for me. It's been really long time and now I can play it and complete this game for first time. The only one thing I noticed is that, my FPS are slighty worse than 6 months ago, back then I've had about 45-60 FPS and now I have 30-45.
    I hope this fixed for you people.

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@voidolt

Well I'm glad it helped someone ..... Let's see if it sticks

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

Hello @Voidolt,

Thank you for sharing this with us! I'm glad that the issue has been resolved for you after installing the recent OS update.

Can anyone else confirm if the issue is present after performing an update? Many thanks!

Official Response
  • CrimsonWolf-YT
    40 posts

@voidolt Yea right, but main problem aint solved.U do not have stuttering which could have been due to update but low cpu and gpu utilization couldn't which is the main problem here.

@longjohn119 Like I said it wont solve problem of low cpu and gpu utilization.

• CrimsonWolf-YT
    40 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • petek
    72 posts

@ubi-mark No it didn't work. The problem is clearly whatever Ubisoft changed after 1.1.0 and it's getting worse with each patch.

• Voidolt
    32 posts

Yeah seems like I had different problem that they have fixed for me and for some people. I've had fps drops to 10-15 after few mins of the session or when fast travelling or alt-tabbing many times. During my 6 hours session i've never gotten any leak fps drop. I hope they will also solve low CPU and GPU utilization soon. I'm still not happy that my fps are now worse than 6 months ago. (same settings). For now it's playable for me and hopefully Ubisoft won't break it again or worse my FPS...

Suggested Topics