Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED [PC] After TU 1.1.0, I am experiencing FPS drops / low CPU and GPU utilisation | POST HERE

64 Likes/1307 Replies/43898 Views
    longjohn119
    774 posts

@t1gfx

Well blaming AMD is pure BS, they have nothing to do with it .... It just runs better on AMD because they are giving Ubisoft extra support that Intel currently is not

The problem is both the Anvil and  Dunia game engines are from 2014/2015 and made for DX11 and Ubisoft is doing something wrong converting these engines to DX12 mainly on Intel processors as far as multithreading but on AMD, Intel and Nvidia for many other things like memory allocation and shader pipelines. A core function of any game engine is CPU threading allocation and DX11 and DX12 have completely different ways of doing it with DX12 being better **if properly coded** .... Frankly I think all of these older last gen DX11 game engines need to be completely rewritten from the ground up to work properly with DX12 because everything from CPU utilization, to system and GPU memory handling to shader pipelines are completely different and have to be implemented at the very core of the game engine to work correctly and efficiently. You just can't patch around existing code without introducing a bunch of problems that are hard to ferret out because you now have "spaghetti code" that no one can follow and if you have a high rate of turnover the people who originally coded the game engine core functions might not even work there anymore

• Schother12
    63 posts

@t1gfx
    I have the exact same issue as mentioned by dsogaming..my cpu is at around 14% and GPU 60%..
    Let's see if they can fix the issue there..

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

@T1GFX - The Assassin's Creed Valhalla development team are committed to investigating the performance issues reported to them, and we've continued to pass all collected system files, screenshots, test results and information to them for their analysis. I fully appreciate that you wish to play the game with the best performance possible, and we'll share any new information we receive from the team as soon as possible here in the thread. In the meantime, we continue to appreciate your understanding and patience while the issues are being looked into.

@satsworld - I'm afraid we have no additional information to share for the moment. If you're experiencing crashes, I'd recommend running through our PC troubleshooting before opening a support case with us with your MSINFO and DXDIAG files attached for further investigation. We'll be happy to assist you further there. 🙂

@Schother12 - Hey there! Thanks for sharing your report of low CPU / GPU utilisation here in the thread. Could you please provide screenshots of your benchmark running, so that we can see your average performance on the settings that you're using? A screenshot of your graphics settings would also be helpful for reference, as well as copies of your MSINFO and DXDIAG files if you are able to provide those in a support case. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • satsworld
    10 posts

@ubi-woofer What about the artificial 85% resolution scale limit using DRS? Anything from the dev team? Ubisoft is releasing riders republic with the same resolution restrictions and I am telling you now it's a mistake! Fix it before it's too late.

• satsworld
    10 posts

@ubi-woofer Well? Anything from the dev team? Make the dynamic resolution to go for 66% minimum res scale and not 85% please.

• justasb1988
    4 posts

Hello.

I just found a working solution.
    [Removed by @Ubi-Froggard on 10/11/2021]

My CPU usage went from max 60% to 90%, my average FPS went from 57 to 73.
    (i5-4690k + 1660Ti)

The problem seems to be they (for some reason) locked max cpu usage (for some CPU models) in this game.

Thanks Ubisoft 🤡

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 820 posts

@satsworld We don't have any additional info from the dev team and the moment, so I couldn't say if this is going to happen. We'll share any new information whenever we have some to share.

Official Response
  • justasb1988
    4 posts

as much as understand from how this fix works.
    problem probably happens with CPUs which have 6 or less cores (or threads). they probably implemented this "feature" to throttle game's CPU usage to prevent game from taking all CPU resources in order to prevent possible system instabilities. but since (without fix) my CPU never reached 70% usage this was done too aggressively. with this fix applied game thinks that my CPU has more cores (than 4) and simple "feels" free to use more CPU recourses.

I might be wrong about everything I just said tho.

Anyway I'm glad to now enjoy my AC Valhala way more than I did.

Hope more people will see and test this 🙂

• Ubi-Froggard

@justasb1988 Glad to hear you are enjoying it. If you come across anything else, please feel free to reach out on the forums again.

Official Response
  • justasb1988
    4 posts

People reached about this issue almost a year ago and it wasn't resolved. Third party hacks are not the way it should be resolved.

• Surtr-Destroyer
    45 posts

@justasb1988 how safe is it?

• RitzPaul94
    40 posts

the autosave stuttering is still there after so many patches

• mescalito12
    7 posts

It finally runs better for me after todays update..45+ FPS in the main base !!!!!!! (only 30FPS before this last update). 50% performance improvement !!!!

CPU 100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i5 quadcore

• justasb1988
    4 posts

I can report the issue is finally fixed after 1.4 update

• Provo-KiD
    7 posts

YESS!! at last 😄
    Running 99 % GPU now, when CPU is not maxed, and FPS is below target (60 FPS).

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey all,

Glad to hear it is resolved from the update and thanks for updating the thread to let others know. Should anyone still encounter the issue, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Surtr-Destroyer
    45 posts

Finally issue is resolved 😄

• petek
    77 posts

@ubi-froggard Hi for me CPU still around 50-60% ;-(

• Provo-KiD
    7 posts

@petek what about the GPU and FPS?

• longjohn119
    774 posts

@petek It's going to depend on how many cores/threads you have ..... The people who were having the most problems were people with 4 and 6 core Intel CPU without Hyperthreading ..... If you have an 8 core/16 thread CPU like a Ryzen 3700X your average CPU usage will seldom go over 50% with only one or two cores peaking above 90% for a second or two
    ... The more cores the less total CPU usage on average .... If you have 3 cores at 20% and one at 80% then your average is only 35%

Suggested Topics