Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bitebug2003
    Original poster 98 posts

Hi,

So on installing the patch I tried to travel from Ravensthorpe to Euviscire and but instead Eivor was still stuck (literally) in Ravensthorpe with the textures half-loaded

I tried to fast travel to other areas but the same happens

It remains on the black screen for quite some time too

Of note, the patch size was 5.6GB as opposed to 2.4GB for the PS4 version as mentioned in the patch notes.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RustyMelvin
    33 posts

@bitebug2003 Same thing is happening to me. Just tried fast travelling to Ravensthorpe from Agnitum Tower and after a few minutes of loading I'm still at the tower and textures aren't loading in. Actually can't believe how incompetent these patches are.

• bitebug2003
    Original poster 98 posts

@rustymelvin hopefully they will release a hotfix or whatever they can do to address this.

• RustyMelvin
    33 posts

@bitebug2003 I seriously doubt they will. This new patch hasn't even addressed the things they said they had fixed in 1.0.4

• bitebug2003
    Original poster 98 posts

I think I found a workaround

If you load the autosave after you get the glitchy textures where Eivor is stuck, it should load the game correctly and then try fast travelling should work as intended.

• RustyMelvin
    33 posts

@bitebug2003 nice this worked cheers. I'm writing up a post and will include this as a workaround!

• ADarklore
    91 posts

@bitebug2003 Thank you for the update... I'll keep that in mind should I encounter the problem, since apparently there is no way to avoid installing the update without completely disconnecting from the internet.

• bitebug2003
    Original poster 98 posts

@adarklore and @rustymelvin

No problem 😊

• bitebug2003
    Original poster 98 posts

Can the developers either add a filter to disable the Eivor Drunk Visual Effect or do something to stop it happening everytime I load a save (Yule Festival)

Thanks

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics