Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/966 Replies/4459 Views
    Lundhusen
    1 posts

Hi guys

I finished my download of the game yesterday and I sadly cannot start my game.

Each time i try to open it, i get the splashscreen.png image (the one with the 2 axes, which is also located in the game folder).... and then nothing happends.. ?

I have tried starting the game via the Ubisoft Connect, updating my drivers and verifying the game files.. but no difference..

Any suggestions to what more i can do?

• INeedM0neyy
    5 posts

@lordphoenix82nd Du bist so ein opfer viel zu lustig

• emmaj95
    66 posts

I, like many others, still cannot start the game after 24hrs of troubleshooting with no solution and no promise of a patch to fix this issue. Things I have tried:

• reinstall the game
    • reinstall uplay/ubisoft connect
    • verify game files
    • change install path
    • update graphics and windows 10
    • reinstalled microsoft visual c++
    • renamed the file
    • ran in offline mode
    • reinstalled on different storage drives
    • checked windows defender
    • sfc/runnow in command prompt
    • high performance graphics setting in windows
    • run as administrator

Still the same thing-- crash error every time I try to load up the game. Why isn't this crash issue listed on the "known issues" thread?

• Xugrel
    1 posts

@darthvrees I tried all you did, then i created another windows account on my machine, started Uplay on new account and ACV works flawless, few stutters in movies. Hope this helps someone

• Exaudio
    19 posts

So 48 hours after buying the game I still can't event start it. Splash screen appears and "oh no, it crashed"
    Tried all solutions on the forum

• updated nvidia gpu drivers
    • updated win 10 drivers
    • updated C++ drivers
    • tried on installing on both C drive (NMVE), HDD and SSD many times.
    • tried validating files on both epic and ubisoft connect store
    • Bought the game on both platforms to check
    • tried running as administrator
    • ubisoft connect app and valhalla.exe on exception list in avast antivirus
    • tried forcing high performance via control panel
    • tried turning off all non microsoft background processes
    • Not running storage spaces pool

I have a fresh install of win 10
    running a Geforce GTX 1080 Ti on a i7 7820X @ 3,6Ghz, 32GB ram

Oddyssey is running great and all my other games

Do I have to wait for an update, or am I missing something here?

• Calosfere
    2 posts

@darthvrees Ive done exactly all that, i thought it was my pc, but i run Watch Dogs: Legion just fine

• lesvannes
    4 posts

I'm having the same problem--small splash screen with logo, then it crashes. I've also followed all the troubleshooting steps, and submitted a support case.

For me, booting in safe mode allows the game to start (although it gets stuck in the title sequence and is unplayable due to the disabled drivers). I'm curious if that's the case for you?

• Meaglev
    3 posts

@ubi-swaggins it didnt work😠

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

Hey
    I bought ult edition of the game but can't play it. After i press "play" button i got splash screen with AC Valhalla logo and then pop up message "Ac Valhalla stop working and will be closed" and that's it. Nothig more. I tried everything but still nothing works

Anyone have this?

• ODINN321
    2 posts

after 8 hours of searching for a solution, and frustration levels i can't describe.
    I finally found a solution that worked for me.

original source: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/jrc7pu/fix_for_infinite_splash_screen/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

"I am using Bootcamp and had the same issue. Create a virtual drive (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-and-set-vhdx-or-vhd-windows-10) and copy your entire AC folder to this drive. It now works for me (the fix above did NOT work)."

P.S. i contacted Ubisoft support 2 days ago, i haven't heard from them yet.
    I don't understand that ubisoft isn't getting in touch. because this is a problem for many people.

UBISOFT S*CK A D*CK!
    looks like they only care about money and not their customers.

• X-man_HD
    1 posts

Referenznummer 13179035 same problem as the others.

• ZeroXtraUK
    10 posts

Hi there, I don't know if this is worth trying, but I haven't heard anything from Ubisoft support and I'm beginning to give up to be honest. I recently purchased the Ultimate Edition of AC Valhalla, and for some reason my game, no matter what drive it's installed on, will not surpass the splash screen. I've tried near enough everything. From updating my graphics drivers, reinstalling them completely, updating windows, reinstalling Ubisoft connect and the game itself twice. I've even added it to the list of permitted files through windows anti virus nonsense and all that sort of stuff... But nothing, the closest I got was to do what a few people mentioned on some of the older AC titles, by moving the sound files to my :C drive and linking them back to the folder for the game, I managed to get past the splash screen and through the first 2 logo animations... and that was it, then crashed every time. I just don't know what to do, and at this point I've spent an entire day trying to solve this problem, that I shouldn't have to do in the first place. Can someone help in any way? Ubisoft seem to not even respond to any customer service messages, apart from one of the games amazing devs.

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

I have the same issue. Those r*** from support don't want to give me my money back cuz game was used {[censored]}
    Honestly i don't know what to do now. I want my money back so hard.

• kenneth0917
    1 posts

I press the "start game " in Ubisoft Connect and then the small logo appeared on my screen. And then nothing happen, cannot access to the game. Please help!

• ZeroXtraUK
    10 posts

@crazydonkey88 I know... Just frustrating that I've spent money on this game and I can't even get past the splash screen... Why do I feel like this is a consistent problem throughout all of the AC titles at launch, won't be making this mistake again.

• N1xx0
    5 posts

Similar issues, what type of graphic card you have?

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

Like in the topic. Many of us have this but Ubi is just ignoring this.
    Post below all of u who have the same issue. Maybe we can force them to see this.

• Tomzu88
    4 posts

I have same issue and just read updated issue list from today, and this problem wasn't even on the list. I think i've been watching that [censored] splash screen for hours now that i've tried everything to get game launch

• N1xx0
    5 posts

My problem is that game freeze on splash screen, sometimes at ryzen intro. Then minimalize itself on taskbar and it is over.) Alt-tab or Alt-enter dont work.

• ZeroXtraUK
    10 posts

@n1xx0 GTX 1060 6gb

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics