Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Medved_Nbg
    18 posts

And the loading symbol appears in the bottom right corner; Only solution is Alt+F4, but the game's process keeps hanging in background and cannot be killed. Restarting Ubisoft Connect does not help, for then the game does not launch at all, showing only empty "Ubisoft connect" window with splash screen.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when launching Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and that the game freezes on the splash screen. This issue was marked as resolved by the development team following TU 1.1.1. Thanks to those who have taken the time to share how they were able to resolve their freeze-on-launch issues in this thread!

If you are still encountering issues when launching the game, please ensure that you have first tried these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these help to resolve common issues behind freezing and crashing. Please note that there can be multiple causes behind a crash or freeze, so we would recommend trying all of these steps as a first step.

Additionally, if you have the game installed on a Microsoft Storage Space Drive, we would recommend moving the game to an alternative ha soft Storage Space Drives, and we recommend installing the game on a hard drive that also has the OS installed. rd drive (ideally the same drive that your OS is installed on). It is important to note that most of our games do not support Microsoft Storage Space Drives, and this can cause problems when launching the game.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website or by starting a live chat. When opening a support ticket, please have the following ready to include in your support ticket:

• An MSinfo and a DxDiag
    • The troubleshooting steps you have already tried
    • If this issue has persisted since installing the game, or if it only started after a specific event (such as a game update or a system update)

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store and would like to seek a refund, you are also welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request. These requests are considered against our digital and physical refund policies on a case-by-case basis. If you do not meet the eligible criteria, we are unable to guarantee that a refund will be granted.

@Thunderchild_UK - Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting steps you have already tried. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve the issue. Thanks for sharing what worked for you!

@skyhawg - I understand that you've been able to resolve this issue after opening a support ticket. If you're still encountering trouble with crashes/freezes, please don't hesitate to update us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

@seniilisika I am sorry to hear that you have been encountering a splash screen crash.

Are you still having problems with this? If so, can you check where the game is installed?

Official Response
  • Lomig_1983
    8 posts

No news at all from the support team in days... Is there a patch likely to be made about this issue ? Do we have to ask for a refund ?

• AmiDreAm
    9 posts

Hello. I am facing a problem loading Assassin's Creed VALHALLA game. I pre-ordered it, preloaded the game. At release, the game downloaded somewhere around 600+ MB. patch and I calmly played it for a couple of days. Passed somewhere 3% of the plot. Last night (11.12.2020), sometime after 12:00 Moscow time, I launched it again and it just stopped opening. The little initial window with the game logo is loading, and then it just doesn't open. In this case, the game installed nearby (Watch Dog's 3) starts without problems. Assassin's Creed ODYSSEY doesn't work either. It also closes after the initial window (see screenshot). I have the latest video card drivers installed, I tried to check and reinstall the game. I ran it as administrator (both the game and the store), nothing helps. The forum has similar problems for people, even in other earlier games. I beg you to help solve this problem. Thanks a lot in advance!
    undefined

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@bienio123455 tried this one already, actually you might be able to see my comment on there haha. i just want to be able to start the game this is nuts

• Clumpybug
    6 posts

Trying to play AC Valhalla on my PC through Ubisoft Connect. When I try to launch the game, the green splash screen window with the AC logo pops up and stays there on the desktop for about 5 seconds, then disappears, and that's all that happens.

In the task manager, I can see ACValhalla.exe running, but that disappears when the green AC logo screen disappears.

Both Ubisoft Connect and AC Valhalla are installed on my C drive, which is a SSD.

Just wanna play my game.

Sad day.

• TheRealGNider
    1 posts

Hello all,

I purchased the game earlier today through the Epic Games Launcher, and have also installed Ubisoft Connect. I can't even play the game for some reason. I click play, then it brings up the screen with the logo on it and then stays like that. I've been working on it all day to try and figure what the problem is. All my drivers and stuff should be up to date, and my system more than meets the reqs for the game. Any help would be great!!

Thanks!

• Allenyut
    2 posts

I can't start the game using imac (2020 5k), only the Assassin's Creed icon appears, and there are no other error messages. I am using AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT.

• lokardarkblade
    7 posts

@allenyut something like that here..here it gets stuck at warning screen
    i made a few comments about it here alreadyn wrote support etc but NO reply from ubisoft 😕
    i hope you have more luck

• Allenyut
    2 posts

I hope so, I am looking forward to this game. My computer can run Odyssey, but cannot run Valhalla and Origins.Hope you can solve your problem too.

• AmiDreAm
    9 posts

Hello. I am facing a problem loading Assassin's Creed VALHALLA game. I pre-ordered it, preloaded the game. At release, the game downloaded somewhere around 600+ MB. patch and I calmly played it for a couple of days. Passed somewhere 3% of the plot. Last night (11.12.2020), sometime after 12:00 Moscow time, I launched it again and it just stopped opening. The little initial window with the game logo is loading, and then it just doesn't open. In this case, the game installed nearby (Watch Dog's 3) starts without problems. Assassin's Creed ODYSSEY doesn't work either. It also closes after the initial window (see screenshot). I have the latest video card drivers installed, I tried to check and reinstall the game. I ran it as administrator (both the game and the store), nothing helps. The forum has similar problems for people, even in other earlier games. I beg you to help solve this problem. Thanks a lot in advance!undefined

• Ubi-Borealis

@TheAme Hello there! Welcome to the forums!

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble launching Assassin's Creed: Valhalla.

If you haven't already, please could you try some basic PC troubleshooting steps? In particular, please ensure that your drivers are fully up-to-date. I would also recommend disabling background applications, as these can interfere with game files.

If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to update us!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

@SteCoNi Hello there! Welcome to the forums.

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes at launch. Thanks for trying some troubleshooting steps for us already.

If you haven't already, please could you try the rest of these basic troubleshooting steps? In particular, I recommend disabling background applications, as these can interfere with the game files.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update us. Thanks!

Official Response
  • tazman5292
    2 posts

Ok i don't know if this will help but I've been messing about for day trying to get this game to launch and run.
    Finally working perfect.
    I decided to Un install all the other game launchers like "Blizzard " and steam.
    Also made sure that MSI app manager is turned off so no GPU boost.
    Hey ho what do you know it no boots and runs perfectly.
    Hope this helps somebody out.
    I was going mad after paying loads and not being able to play.
    Regards
    Phil.

• SirThomasPT
    1 posts

Can't launch the game, it get's stuck on a fecking rectangle, I've tried everything and it still doesn't work, what more do i need to do? Anyone knows a way of fixing this?

• trolsopol
    31 posts

@Ubi-Raziel hey, so it's been a week since the last response, no updates, no fixes. What is going on ?!!??! I requested a refund last tuesday and still haven't received anything back, can't play the game and now your customer support portal is in "maintenance" ... i guess i'm not investing any money in this company ever again...

• Gardiner0909
    1 posts

any ideas that can help uninstalled twice same thing just sits there nothing going on.

• Mrrodeoman74
    3 posts

@gardiner0909 it appears to be an issue for a bunch of people. I have done EVERYTHING that I have seen on here and nothing works. Ubisoft rarely responds. Very disappointing.

• Mrrodeoman74
    3 posts

@ubi-baron I have also done everything you guys suggest and nothing is working. I am to the point that I want a refund as well. It is sad because I really enjoyed playing Odyssey( ZERO ISSUES PLAYING THAT GAME )

• moog500
    7 posts

@tazman5292

There doesn't seem to be any consistency with the solutions that people are offering here, alas. I don't want to uninstall Blizzard launcher because I need it for other games that actually work. Still no response from Ubisoft about this error after almost two weeks. Incredible.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics