Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• krvpt.
    63 posts

i have the splash screen issue and every work around doesn't work for me. i noticed ubisoft put the issue into the "known issues" post, and that it will be addressed in a future update, but when? how long do i have to wait to play a game that i paid $60 for? some people even spent more and have the same problem! its been 21 days and i'm starting to get REALLY annoyed.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when launching Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and that the game freezes on the splash screen. This issue was marked as resolved by the development team following TU 1.1.1. Thanks to those who have taken the time to share how they were able to resolve their freeze-on-launch issues in this thread!

If you are still encountering issues when launching the game, please ensure that you have first tried these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these help to resolve common issues behind freezing and crashing. Please note that there can be multiple causes behind a crash or freeze, so we would recommend trying all of these steps as a first step.

Additionally, if you have the game installed on a Microsoft Storage Space Drive, we would recommend moving the game to an alternative ha soft Storage Space Drives, and we recommend installing the game on a hard drive that also has the OS installed. rd drive (ideally the same drive that your OS is installed on). It is important to note that most of our games do not support Microsoft Storage Space Drives, and this can cause problems when launching the game.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website or by starting a live chat. When opening a support ticket, please have the following ready to include in your support ticket:

• An MSinfo and a DxDiag
    • The troubleshooting steps you have already tried
    • If this issue has persisted since installing the game, or if it only started after a specific event (such as a game update or a system update)

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store and would like to seek a refund, you are also welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request. These requests are considered against our digital and physical refund policies on a case-by-case basis. If you do not meet the eligible criteria, we are unable to guarantee that a refund will be granted.

@Thunderchild_UK - Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting steps you have already tried. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve the issue. Thanks for sharing what worked for you!

@skyhawg - I understand that you've been able to resolve this issue after opening a support ticket. If you're still encountering trouble with crashes/freezes, please don't hesitate to update us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Borb98
    6 posts

@krvpt Hello, if you did not try the Ubi support i recommend to do so the will send you some steps to follow. It helped me with crashes. Try re-installing Microsoft Visual Studio C++ redistributables (2010, 2012, 2013, 2015; and IF and only IF your windows Build is greater than or equal to 18362 - install Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2015/2017/2019 Bundle) After this hit win update that will download .NET and that should do it.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

At what point are you getting stuck? Is it at the Splash Screen? Do you get an errors?

Official Response
  • crusaderofblood
    5 posts
    • @ubi-baron splash screen here is my case number as well 13180189

• AmiDreAm
    9 posts

@ubi-baron
    that is big problem for many people. case № 13326448
    need patch!!!

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@borb98 ive done that already, doesn’t fix it for me.

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@ubi-baron holy [censored] read the [censored] posts. YES THEY ARE GETTING STUCK ON THE SPLASH SPLASH SCREEN. THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR 21 DAMN DAYS

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@krvpt ubisoft will never get another dime from me with this dumpster fire of a launch

• angelofsm
    1 posts

I click on my game in the Ubisoft connect and then the sqaure with the logo of the game appears and it stays like that forever and dont launch the game. can someone help me solve this problem pls. thank you

• Breakabletie
    6 posts

i just bought AC valhalla and downloaded it and am very excited to play but when I click the desktop icon or 'play' in the uplay launcher i see the AC logo and it never starts like it freezes. i have reinstalled it, no change. I have internet connection. restarted my computer several times and even let it sit and 'load' for 20+ min. I uninstalled uplay/ubisoft connect and reinstalled, varified my game files several times, ran game as admin, updated windows and my graphics card drivers

I even double checked that unbisoft has taken my money so i know that i payed for it. Any ideas that might help other wise I will have to refund it.

ubisoft help please i summitted a ticked several days ago

• krvpt.
    63 posts

22 days and i still can't launch the game due to the splash screen freeze. when will there be an update that fixes this? i know its known and going to be addressed in a future update but when? 22 days and unable to play a game you paid $60 for is unacceptable. also ive done all methods given to me by ubi support and ive tried community methods, nothing works for me.

no answers from ubisoft, just helpless useless emails that dont fix my game. 22 days ubisoft. its been TWENTY TWO days.

• ShawnPyrik970
    1 posts

@ubi-litten Similar, but my splash screen never goes away (still counts as played time, though.) Purchased Ultimate Edition from Epic. Freezes on launch screen, requiring reboot of PC. Have tried troubleshooting per the FAQ with no luck, nor can I open a support case on your website.

At this point, I'm fed up and want my $132 back. The forums aren't the only thing that are in Beta.

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

@shawnpyrik970 If true such a mechanic lacks any semblance or morality.

• Lomig_1983
    8 posts

I finished uninstalling windows 10 and reinstalling another version of W10 (support wasn't of a great help; unfortunately...). And then, tadaaa, it worked.
    It's not a great help to you, but desperate times call for desperate measures... Good luck everybody.

• Lathby
    5 posts

I got the game a week or so ago and I have not been able to start the app once. I have it on Epic Games-When I click on it it says "Cloud Syncing" then goes back to "Launch" then after a second it says "Launching Game..." and then back to "Launch". It has never opened any sort of window and I can't figure out why. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and client, I have installed it on an external and internal hard drive and I have tried using the "VCRedist" but nothing worked.

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@lathby been waiting 23 days, this is lovely

• Lathby
    5 posts

@krvpt at least we've got cyberpunk soon 😕

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@lathby haha yep! ubisoft really dropped the ball with this one, ill get to assassins creed once i finish my 3 playthroughs of cyberpunk

• Exaudio
    19 posts

A bunch of us still waiting to get past the splash screen. A clean install of windows fixed the problem for most of the users that tried everything else. I am not doing all that job just to play the game. Cyberpunk to the rescue soon

• Breakabletie
    6 posts

same here i try to launch the game but it freezes on the launch screen i have submitted a support cases and they told me to disable all of my starting apps and then go 1 by 1 turning them on to find what is causing the issue but i tried to launch the game with no starting apps enabled and it still does not work

i bought AC valhalla through the ubisoft store

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics