Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@zanob yeah lmfao havent been able to launch the game once since launch, ubisoft claims that the problem is fixed but obviously its [censored] i n g not

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when launching Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and that the game freezes on the splash screen. This issue was marked as resolved by the development team following TU 1.1.1. Thanks to those who have taken the time to share how they were able to resolve their freeze-on-launch issues in this thread!

If you are still encountering issues when launching the game, please ensure that you have first tried these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these help to resolve common issues behind freezing and crashing. Please note that there can be multiple causes behind a crash or freeze, so we would recommend trying all of these steps as a first step.

Additionally, if you have the game installed on a Microsoft Storage Space Drive, we would recommend moving the game to an alternative ha soft Storage Space Drives, and we recommend installing the game on a hard drive that also has the OS installed. rd drive (ideally the same drive that your OS is installed on). It is important to note that most of our games do not support Microsoft Storage Space Drives, and this can cause problems when launching the game.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website or by starting a live chat. When opening a support ticket, please have the following ready to include in your support ticket:

• An MSinfo and a DxDiag
    • The troubleshooting steps you have already tried
    • If this issue has persisted since installing the game, or if it only started after a specific event (such as a game update or a system update)

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store and would like to seek a refund, you are also welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request. These requests are considered against our digital and physical refund policies on a case-by-case basis. If you do not meet the eligible criteria, we are unable to guarantee that a refund will be granted.

@Thunderchild_UK - Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting steps you have already tried. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve the issue. Thanks for sharing what worked for you!

@skyhawg - I understand that you've been able to resolve this issue after opening a support ticket. If you're still encountering trouble with crashes/freezes, please don't hesitate to update us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • D.E.A.D-B4zzer
    9 posts

@zanob The only other time I encountered this was funnily enough, with the Division 2! I cant for the life of me remember how I fixed it but it was exactly the same, crashing on splash screen. I only ever had this with these two games, both by Ubisoft?!

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@d-e-a-d-b4zzer yeah have fun with trying to get them to help you. they are literally no help. haven't been able to launch the game at all and its been almost 2 months

• D.E.A.D-B4zzer
    9 posts

@krvpt honestly, they have tried to help. They had some good ideas but unfortunately, when none of them worked, they have gone AWOL. They arent working today either, so that means I wont be play ACV today, one of the few days I actually get to play games. Oh well at least Cyberpunk is working for me!

Steps they took me through that I hadnt previously tried

• Ran sfc /scannow (this found errors I didnt know I had!)
    • Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (no errors)
    • Ran Microsoft Memory Checker (no errors)
    • Created a new admin profile (this was to rule out corruption in my profile)
    • Clean Booted my system into the new admin profile (to rule out any 3rd party program causing a conflict)
    • Created new dxdiag and msinfo files from the new profile, after the clean boot

These were sensible steps, unfortunately, they just did not work for me. I think it points more to ACV being the problem. The only thing I have not done is completely uninstall and reinstall my graphics drivers. I dont want to do this as I am worried I will cause problems with other games. My drivers are fully up to date (460.89 as of 01/01/20 and they work on any other game, so I should not have to do this but with few other options, I am not sure what else to do.

• D.E.A.D-B4zzer
    9 posts

@zanob There is a crash dump file in the game directory but its all in code that I dont have the expertise to decipher.

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@d-e-a-d-b4zzer yeah to be fair they did help fix some errors i had, i have been more than harsh on them. i did uninstall and reinstall graphics drivers and that didn't help either so hopefully that saves you some time lol

• D.E.A.D-B4zzer
    9 posts

@krvpt out of desperation, I did a complete uninstall using DDU with a fresh install of my graphics drivers (even though all my other games work), it didnt work for me either. I even reset my Bios to default, removing any overclocking, made no difference.

I have completed AC Odyssey in the past, so I thought I would reinstall it, just to see if it has the same issue? Yup it gets stuck in the same place. I guess that isnt too suprising but after checking the ACO forum, they too had this same problem way back and there were only the same fixes we have all tried here. Whatever the issue is, it affects both ACV and ACO for me so it is definitely something within the game.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 539 posts

Hey there everyone and I hope you all had a good new year. I am very sorry that many of you are still experiencing this issue of getting stuck on the splash screen. If this is still persisting, please submit your MSinfo and DxDiag files on a Support ticket. Then, provide your ticket number here so that I may review those files and get back to you. Thanks!

Official Response
  • forestZ666
    1 posts

@ubikobold I have the same problem, my ticket number is 13798340.
    Thanks

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 539 posts

@forestz666
    Thank you for providing your ticket number and files! It looks like you were asked to try the steps on our site here. Are you still unable to proceed past the splash screen?

If you still cannot proceed, I noticed some .dll errors that I would like to try and resolve. Please reinstall the supporting software for your game. Afterwards, immediately restart your PC or the steps will not register complete. Then, perform a clean install of your GPU and test your game again.

Official Response
  • marlon191
    1 posts

I have a pretty similar problem, my game freezes at the screen at the start where you told to press any button to continue or after when it starts loading. The music keeps playing in the background. Since patch 1.1.0 it then says "Oh no, it crashed" and close it self, before the patch i could only leave the frozen game over the taskmanager. I already installed it twice, made the general troubleshooting a few times, run it as administrator and evrything else the ubisoft support told me to do. The only thing that showed some effect was when I uninstalled ubisoft connect and deleted the cache folder.After I installled ubisoft connect Icould start the game one time without a problem and play for round about 5mins then it froze and crashed.Since then I´m again stuck at the screen I desribed above and cant" get any further.
    My ticket 13673047

• D.E.A.D-B4zzer
    9 posts

Ok a new Dev build of windows came out today and in the 'known issues' section, Assassins Creed's startup crash issue is listed. This means that this is probably a Windows 10 issue and not a Ubisift issue, hence why they dont appear to be able to fix it.

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/171837-windows-10-insider-preview-dev-build-21286-1-rs_prerelease-jan-6-a.html

Scroll down to 'known issues'.

So if you are like me, on the Dev channel, you will probably need to rollback your Windows build to play ACV until Microsoft have a fix. Bad news as this may affect your ability to use RTX in other games.
    Hope this helps at least explain where the fault lies, if you have tried all other fixes and you have Dev build of Windows, then this is most likely your problem.

• DennisFrye
    1 posts

@d-e-a-d-b4zzer Ahh, this may just be my problem, as well. I have tried everything to fix this, and wonder if it's worth rolling back Windows or not.

• zanob
    5 posts

Still no fixed in the 1.1.1.
    Ubisoft has marked this issue as resolved but it doesn't

• garyrcook
    10 posts

the update has not worked still stuck on splash screen,as prevously noted tried all ubisoft fixes.please dont count the splash screen error as fixed its not

• garyrcook
    10 posts

@garyrcook using windows 10 home so rolling back wont help?

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@zanob i had to reinstall windows to get it working, might be a windows bug.. unfortunate.

• D.E.A.D-B4zzer
    9 posts

@zanob Its a Windows Issue not a Ubisoft issue, For their perspective, they have done as much as they can to fix it, now Microsoft need to do something.

I updated to the latest build of Windows on the Dev channel, still doesnt work. Its still listed as an issue in their known issues section for the new patch also.

• D.E.A.D-B4zzer
    9 posts

@dennisfrye Sorry mate but I would take a break from the game until a few more patches for Windows have come out. I just updated Windows, twice this week in fact and ACV and ACO both stuck on splash screen.

• D.E.A.D-B4zzer
    9 posts

@krvpt It IS a Windows bug, what version of Windows are you running mate? WHat build? Type Winver in the run box if your not sure

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics