Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Captainben96
    4 posts

@shenoxdfug super strange then. It definitely solved the problem after full DL, I'll try it with Origins as well, as I had the same issue last week when wanting to run it on my new rig. I'll edit this post if I manage to reproduce this miracle. Also make sure the directory is the default one (setting > downloads > default game intallation location > default) and not manually set, maybe that can help.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2919 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when launching Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and that the game freezes on the splash screen. This issue was marked as resolved by the development team following TU 1.1.1. Thanks to those who have taken the time to share how they were able to resolve their freeze-on-launch issues in this thread!

If you are still encountering issues when launching the game, please ensure that you have first tried these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these help to resolve common issues behind freezing and crashing. Please note that there can be multiple causes behind a crash or freeze, so we would recommend trying all of these steps as a first step.

Additionally, if you have the game installed on a Microsoft Storage Space Drive, we would recommend moving the game to an alternative ha soft Storage Space Drives, and we recommend installing the game on a hard drive that also has the OS installed. rd drive (ideally the same drive that your OS is installed on). It is important to note that most of our games do not support Microsoft Storage Space Drives, and this can cause problems when launching the game.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website or by starting a live chat. When opening a support ticket, please have the following ready to include in your support ticket:

• An MSinfo and a DxDiag
    • The troubleshooting steps you have already tried
    • If this issue has persisted since installing the game, or if it only started after a specific event (such as a game update or a system update)

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store and would like to seek a refund, you are also welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request. These requests are considered against our digital and physical refund policies on a case-by-case basis. If you do not meet the eligible criteria, we are unable to guarantee that a refund will be granted.

@Thunderchild_UK - Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting steps you have already tried. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve the issue. Thanks for sharing what worked for you!

@skyhawg - I understand that you've been able to resolve this issue after opening a support ticket. If you're still encountering trouble with crashes/freezes, please don't hesitate to update us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 359 posts

Hey folks,

Thank you all for sharing workarounds for this issue.

If you are still continuing to have problems launching the game, please raise a support ticket to our team and include your MSinfo and DXDiag, so we can take a closer look.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 700 posts

Hey there, I'm sorry the game isn't launching! If you have performed all of the steps in this guide, please get in touch with us and submit your system files. We've had some reports of this issue and are investigating, and these files will help us pinpoint and fix the cause. Thank you for your continued patience.

Official Response
  • Pale_Rider_TV
    20 posts

@ubi-spud is there any word on a soon patch? woke up still having issues and verified files again this morning after I woke up. i see big time streamers playing this game and you know there on PC so whats the issue with the other 70% of PC players

• sancho17.
    6 posts

@ubi-swaggins Hello,The game came out but I still don't have the opportunity to play. On my account just stay (Preload) Which that is allready done. Im from EU and i'm pretty nervous about this issue, Please! Purchased via Epic Store but preload on Ubisoft and still not playable! (PC)

• Veders
    3 posts
  • Dx2.LFT
    38 posts

ubisoft is doing release stream on ubisoft nordic in twitch, all go to spam there mby they start to take this issue seriously and trying to even fix it

• XRTC-
    3 posts

Same only get the small valhalla box for hours.....First Game since Years tha doesnt even Start properly lulz.....
    Win 10 Prozessor
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
    RTX 2070 Super
    RAM 16GB

Reinstalled
    Launched with Adminperm.
    Cleard Ubi soft cache
    wrote Support

Nothing happend im sad.

• Dx2.LFT
    38 posts

ubisoft is doing release stream on ubisoft nordic in twitch, all go to spam there mby they start to take this issue seriously and trying to even fix it

• FiightBlue
    1 posts

le jeu ne se lance pas il ouvre la fenêtre de luncher puis plus rien en sachant qu'il n'y a AUCUNE raison pour que cela ne fonctionne pas AUCUNE

• Rogue-Reaper13
    13 posts

@ubi-baron well I have spent the last 10 hours trying everything that I have seen you all suggest. Nothing has worked. Even reinstalled the game and connect 4 times now. I'll take a refund now.

• Dx2.LFT
    38 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • drdeath12-uk
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins i think the game needs a patch or looking at again for the pc rather than everyone submitting tickets every other game in my library and guessing most peoples is working Valhalla is the only one that is not

• johnethan01
    7 posts

@kymodoke me two after the first cinematic it wont load in

• ZeydrakTV
    1 posts

really [censored] me off payed a lot of the gold editions of the game counted the day to play and cant even play it i fell like i trow money over the window

• Captainben96
    4 posts

EDIT: Ok so I managed to reproduce that with AC Origins and I discovered the issue was also true for Unity and AC3 Remastered. The games do need to be on Uplay's default game folder. I don't know how on earth something like this can still happen today on games that obviously require loads of storage, and why only on the AC series (all other licenses seem to work just fine) and only on tower PC (no problem on my laptop no matter the drive)?

=> To be tried however: install the launcher on the storage drive

• ShenoXDfug
    15 posts

Just want to let you know i fixed it somehow for me. What i did is just stupid but hey, if ubisoft does not fix there games we have to do it right?
    I just created a Virtual Drive and thats it. I installed Ubisoft Connect on my C : and the AC on the new Virtual Drive. Why does this fix my problem? I dont get it.

• Veders
    3 posts

@victuskristus
    Try the below - worked for me
    Since the NVidia option isn't appearing, use Windows 10's alternative.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/351522/how-to-choose-which-gpu-a-game-uses-on-windows-10/
    Right-click the desktop > open display settings
    select graphics settings
    "choose an app tp set preference" > dropdown select "classic app"
    Browse for game/ app .exe file (it'll be added as a thumbnail with the options and remove buttons
    click options > high performance

• AdmiralWarron
    2 posts

I am stuck on the spash screen and can't play, telling us that the game only works on C is ridiculous, [censored] like this is why people pirate games

• ShenoXDfug
    15 posts

Just want to let you know i fixed it somehow for me. What i did is just stupid but hey, if ubisoft does not fix there games we have to do it right?
    I just created a Virtual Drive and thats it. I installed Ubisoft Connect on my C : and the AC on the new Virtual Drive. Why does this fix my problem? I dont get it.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics