Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Xyrella
    18 posts

My problem came down to my antivirus blocking the process wrongly. Check and or disable your antivirus to see if it helps anyone reading this. You have to do it through msconfig to really see if disabling it helps. If it does help uninstall it and get something else like I did.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when launching Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and that the game freezes on the splash screen. This issue was marked as resolved by the development team following TU 1.1.1. Thanks to those who have taken the time to share how they were able to resolve their freeze-on-launch issues in this thread!

If you are still encountering issues when launching the game, please ensure that you have first tried these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these help to resolve common issues behind freezing and crashing. Please note that there can be multiple causes behind a crash or freeze, so we would recommend trying all of these steps as a first step.

Additionally, if you have the game installed on a Microsoft Storage Space Drive, we would recommend moving the game to an alternative ha soft Storage Space Drives, and we recommend installing the game on a hard drive that also has the OS installed. rd drive (ideally the same drive that your OS is installed on). It is important to note that most of our games do not support Microsoft Storage Space Drives, and this can cause problems when launching the game.

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website or by starting a live chat. When opening a support ticket, please have the following ready to include in your support ticket:

• An MSinfo and a DxDiag
    • The troubleshooting steps you have already tried
    • If this issue has persisted since installing the game, or if it only started after a specific event (such as a game update or a system update)

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store and would like to seek a refund, you are also welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request. These requests are considered against our digital and physical refund policies on a case-by-case basis. If you do not meet the eligible criteria, we are unable to guarantee that a refund will be granted.

@Thunderchild_UK - Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting steps you have already tried. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to resolve the issue. Thanks for sharing what worked for you!

@skyhawg - I understand that you've been able to resolve this issue after opening a support ticket. If you're still encountering trouble with crashes/freezes, please don't hesitate to update us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cMiIk
    2 posts

Same here I have tried many solutions including uninstalling and reinstalling still don't know what to do

• Xyrella
    18 posts

My problem came down to my antivirus blocking the process wrongly. Check and or disable your antivirus to see if it helps anyone reading this. You have to do it through msconfig to really see if disabling it helps. If it does help uninstall it and get something else like I did.

• Pale_Rider_TV
    20 posts

@hisn didnt work for me

• bsuhr
    1 posts

• HisN
    11 posts

Ups.. I forgot Important thing

C:/Assassin's Creed Valhalla/ does not launch
    C:/ACV does launch
    D:/Games/ACV does not launch

Conclusion: Game must be on C:\Drive and does not have special characters in the name.

Beginners-Bug.

• Xyrella
    18 posts

• mileslewis9237
    2 posts

@hisn I have 4 drives, just moved it from one to another and it worked, tried moving it back and the game stopped working again. I have no space on C so that was never an option. its clear there is a fault with Ubisoft connect and not the game.

• Thesoet
    1 posts

Boleto de soporte de Ubisoft: 13169197

• HawkSE
    9 posts

Ubisoft Support Ticket: 13171086 for me

• Joesomebody1515
    1 posts

@craggy424 how do you do that

• Agent_Ting-TTV-
    2 posts
  • serdar2chbat
    1 posts

@pale_rider_tv i did every think in internet but try this this did work for me i did uninstall the game 4 time and last time i did download the client and the game in the same SSD At (D) did not work but now i did download the client and the game in M.2 (C) it work i Hobe i will work with u

• Calosfere
    2 posts

Whenever I press play, the game pops up the logo for the game, then it just stays there and nothing happens, ive updated every driver and stuff i have and i even looked into verifying the games files. the only way for me to remove the logo from my screen is to restart my computer.

• Dzhei_Di_Si
    2 posts

undefined

• SergeThePenguin
    1 posts

@calosfere I have been having the same exact problem please tell me if you have figured out a way to fix it!

• Dzhei_Di_Si
    2 posts

undefined

• SASkievua
    2 posts

I was stuck after splash as many here and tried everything - verify, reinstall, repair VC, moving game or video-sound to C:, disable security or game bar - nothing helps.
    After 4 hours I tried simply to close MSI Afterburner - and that's it! Game finally runs! ))
    Pls consider to try disabling specific monitoring software such afterburner or fraps if your have problems with game launch.

• DarthVrees
    1 posts

Same here! I tried updating drive again, ran as admin, deleted some game files and 'fixed' the game, still nothing.

Going to try setting my graphics driver back one update.

• jvillaraza
    1 posts

Mine is a little strange at least some are getting the Valhalla logo I get some box that open when I click the Valhalla.exe, a box that is part of Ubisoft synchronizing then it disappears and nothing happens.

Uninstalled and reinstalled same thing

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics